+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse application with study permit

ared

Jul 2, 2020
Dhaka
hi everyone.

I recently got married. Will it look suspicious if i apply for my wife as a dependent immediately after the marriage date?I want to apply as a student(study visa) and want to take my wife as a dependent with me and leave the country together.

Your input is much appreciated.
thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone.

I recently got married. Will it look suspicious if i apply for my wife as a dependent immediately after the marriage date?I want to apply as a student(study visa) and want to take my wife as a dependent with me and leave the country together.

thanks
Yes it raises red flags if you get married and then soon after apply for study permit if people don't have a long dating history lr haven't lived together. I assume you had an arranged marriage. The fact that you takining a masters course does help.

ared

Jul 2, 2020
Dhaka
Yes it raises red flags if you get married and then soon after apply for study permit if people don't have a long dating history lr haven't lived together. I assume you had an arranged marriage. The fact that you takining a masters course does help.
We actually dated for 3 years and have all the record and proof too like pictures,chat logs. We went to the same university. Will this still look suspicious?

renron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
hi everyone.

thanks
there's nothing to worry. it's normal for people to marry. as long as the marriage certificate is legal.
you should start to worry if the marriage certificate will be found fake in the future when you apply for PR.

ared

Jul 2, 2020
Dhaka
there's nothing to worry. it's normal for people to marry. as long as the marriage certificate is legal.
you should start to worry if the marriage certificate will be found fake in the future when you apply for PR.
haha thanks man. That surely wont be an issue.Thanks man

Reactions: renron

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We actually dated for 3 years and have all the record and proof too like pictures,chat logs. We went to the same university. Will this still look suspicious?
That will help. It doesn’t sound like you’ve applied for your study permit yet. When people get married after receiving their study permit and then apply for OWP that raises the most flags. Proof of dating for a long time before marriage certainly helps. Unfortunately there is quite a lot of fraud when it comes to immigration and people get “married“ once someone has secured a study permit.

ared

Jul 2, 2020
Dhaka
That will help. It doesn’t sound like you’ve applied for your study permit yet. When people get married after receiving their study permit and then apply for OWP that raises the most flags. Proof of dating for a long time before marriage certainly helps. Unfortunately there is quite a lot of fraud when it comes to immigration and people get “married“ once someone has secured a study permit.
thank youuu