File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Wow, Creampop! That really hardcore and unfortunate!

oliviaje

Nov 23, 2012
It's a really good initiative, here is our case:

Sponsor: Female, 26, Canadian born, Master degree student, never married before, no children.

Applicant: Male, 24, from India, carpenter worker, never married before, no children.

Relationship description: We met in Jan. 2011 in Afghanistan's military base where both of us were on work contract. We spent 5 months dating over there. We got married in Feb/2012 in India. I recently moved to his country to wait with him for his visa. 3 trips to India totalizing 7 months in his country now.

Proof of relationship: E-mails during our distance relationship, all my plane tickets and Indian visas + passport stamps of entry and exit of India, about 15 pictures of us in India and with his family, boarding passes and plane tickets of trips we made together in India.

Application status: Mailed the application file to CPC-Mississauga in april/2012, received by CPC-M on May 25/2012. Sponsorship accepted on August 31/2012 and transferred to New Delhi Canadian embassy. Interview held in New Delhi on Nov. 20/2012, they kept my husband's passport for issuing the visa. We are waiting to get an afghan PCC to furnish to CIC so that they can issue to my husband his visa. Medical exams made in Jan/2012, valid for 1 year.

Special circumstances: My husband has spent more than 2 years working in Afghanistan so an afghan PCC is required for his immigration. He went to the Afghan embassy in India in March 2012 to ask for it, and we still didn't get it. We went to the embassy many times, called them often, wrote them e-mails, there's nothing they can do and we are afraid it's gonna be really complicated to get it. We explained all this during our interview at the Canadian embassy, they said it is a requirement for immigration and they don't seem to be able to help us about that. So we are trying to find a solution for that, some people are suggesting us to travel to Kabul to get it, we are trying to find other safer solutions. As the medicals are valid 1 year, my husband will probably have to do it again in february.

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
I came across the thread and decided to wait until I had submitted my application to join.

Sponsor: Female, 28, consultant, Canadian citizen by birth, no children, one previous marriage.

Applicant/Sponsor Candidate: Male, 28, student, Malawian citizen by birth, no children, no previous marriages.

Relationship Description: Met in June 2011, while sponsor was volunteering in Malawi. Was a random night out at a local pub and as he says it ended up being love at first sight for him, for me it was more like third sight!

Relationship Proof: Phone bills, what's app and skype logs, sms messages, facebook friends with his family, photos of trips together, plane and bus tickets, letters from friends and family, both wrote individual "essays" about the emotional/feelings side of the relationship and wrote a big desription of the relationship development.

Special Circumstances: Sponsor was previously married to a "marriage fraud expert". Applicant was previously deported from UK. Most of the relationship has been long distance, and we had a civil ceremony and registered quite quickly after we met, though we are planning a big traditional ceremony and reception with friends and family 4 years after we registered in August 2015.

Application Status: Outland application received by Mississauga on November 28, 2012. And the waiting begins!

Yaak

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Salt Spring Island, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
SA 01-08-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
Here is our case, just getting started....

Sponsor: Female, 58, Canadian citizen, university professor, divorced, adult children.

Applicant: Male, 57, US born, civil servant, widower, no children.

Relationship description: Common-law. We met over four years ago, online. Living together in US for over three years.

Proof of relationship: Common address, many photos, many shared travels, many shared friends, Facebook, emails, letters from family and friends.

Application status: Outland application in preparation, hope to submit by September 2013.

Special circumstances: Planning to retire to BC.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Love this!
Sponsor: male, 25yo, banker, french-canadian citizen by birth (total quebecois), speaks french, english and some spanish which he learned with me, no kids, no previous marriage
Applicant:female, 23yo, bac in law (in peru) havent (438) 938-6747 since 2009, peruvian (some italian-arabic blood lol), speaks spanish, french, english, italian, quechua and some arabic :), no kids, no previous marriage
Relationship description: met at university (applicant on student visa), he "stalkted" me for a couple of months, we start going out after spending a night just talking (unbelievable, i know) we move in together 5months after, proposal after 10months together, married a year after. Two years married at the time of applying.
Proof of relationship:letter from his grandma certifiyng our relation and her support, join bank accounts, join hydro bill, join appartment bail, several letters from my family to him and myself. A lot of pictures (50 i guess) of momenta together with his family or friends, pictures of wedding, wedding invitation and part, pictures with our pets.
Application status: app sent march 4, 2013, AoR march 14, letter authorizing going to quebec ministry march 20, csq filed to quebec april 12, csq approved may 9, recived may 14, sent back to cic may 19. Now waiting :)
Special circunstances: lost student status july 2012, was told not to renew it and falling on implied status, confirmed by 3 agents on the phone. Redflags: out of status, young, grandma who sent the letter died of unknown cancer in febreary

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Sponsor: Female 22 years, College student/full time employee(office Admin), never married, no children

Applicant: Male 27 years Mexican, College graduate/full time employee(customs broker), Never married, no children

Relationship Description: Common-Law, Met through mutual friends, have been living together for 3 years

Proof of relationship: common address, mail, photos, friends, family knows eachother, shared travel, bills, joint accounts, taxes together, joint car, health insurance, life insurance, have pets together, facebook, emails, gym memberships, grocery memberships, shared family tragedies.

Application status: Outland, Complete, Landed May 30, 2013 (16 months processing)

Special Circumstances: applicant was a failed refugee with a shoplifting charge that was later dropped from 2008.

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
Sponsor: Male 19 years, College student/Part time employee. never married, no children

Applicant: Female 19 years Mexican, graduated from high school /full time employee(customs service at a travel agency), Never married, no children

Relationship Description: Married , Met in high school while I live in Canada, have been together for 2 years & 4 months we officially started dating when we were 16 years old .

Proof of relationship: friends, family knows each other, extensive email, plane tickets, photos together with his family & mine, receipts of wired money, proof of marriage, testimonials from friends & work colleagues who have met & known about the relationships history.

Application status: Outland via Mexico, Application still processing they received our application on March 23th, was waiting for 3 months

Special Circumstances: I was a failed refugee.

Kiwiz

Jan 16, 2013
Me- 29 year old New Zealander, in the Fitness Industry.

Fiancee- 31 year old Engineer- Australian but naturalized Canadian. We met in Australia almost 2 years ago. Started a common law relationship December 2011, moved to Canada together July 2012.

Just had stage 1 approval- Sponsor approved.

Now waiting on stage 2- application in Sydney- we did an outland application.

Relationship proof- Emails, texts, rental lease, joint holidays-plane tickets/hotels, stat dec forms from friends and family members, face book check ins, photos (sent in about 20-all in various locations/holidays etc) life insurance forms- with each others name as the benefactor. Sent in about 16 months worth of common law relationship history.

draccountant

Jan 30, 2014
oliviaje said:
It's a really good initiative, here is our case:

Sponsor: Female, 26, Canadian born, Master degree student, never married before, no children.

Applicant: Male, 24, from India, carpenter worker, never married before, no children.

Relationship description: We met in Jan. 2011 in Afghanistan's military base where both of us were on work contract. We spent 5 months dating over there. We got married in Feb/2012 in India. I recently moved to his country to wait with him for his visa. 3 trips to India totalizing 7 months in his country now.

Proof of relationship: E-mails during our distance relationship, all my plane tickets and Indian visas + passport stamps of entry and exit of India, about 15 pictures of us in India and with his family, boarding passes and plane tickets of trips we made together in India.

Application status: Mailed the application file to CPC-Mississauga in april/2012, received by CPC-M on May 25/2012. Sponsorship accepted on August 31/2012 and transferred to New Delhi Canadian embassy. Interview held in New Delhi on Nov. 20/2012, they kept my husband's passport for issuing the visa. We are waiting to get an afghan PCC to furnish to CIC so that they can issue to my husband his visa. Medical exams made in Jan/2012, valid for 1 year.

Special circumstances: My husband has spent more than 2 years working in Afghanistan so an afghan PCC is required for his immigration. He went to the Afghan embassy in India in March 2012 to ask for it, and we still didn't get it. We went to the embassy many times, called them often, wrote them e-mails, there's nothing they can do and we are afraid it's gonna be really complicated to get it. We explained all this during our interview at the Canadian embassy, they said it is a requirement for immigration and they don't seem to be able to help us about that. So we are trying to find a solution for that, some people are suggesting us to travel to Kabul to get it, we are trying to find other safer solutions. As the medicals are valid 1 year, my husband will probably have to do it again in february.

Hi Dear I am facing the same problem. Can you guide how you figure out a solution for this.

Thanks in advance