+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

BiljanaS

Sep 13, 2024
I applied for the Spousal Sponsorship for my spouse outside of Canada Dec 5, 2023. My spouse completed his biometrics Feb 12, 2024 and medical exam Feb 22, 2204 and passed on Feb 28, 2024. On the application tracker shows last updated April 29, 2024 but I am not sure what the update is. Background is still in progress but eligibility still hasn't started, but on the IRCC website the eligibility is still in progress. We received the AOR Jan 13, 2024 and received that I was approved to be a sponsor on Feb 2, 2024. Does anyone know how long until we get information for PPR visa? On the sites states he doesn't need an interview nor do they need more information. Its going to be 7 months this month since he completed everything.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Did you send pictures of your wedding ceremony....conversation screenshit etc to prove your wedding is genuine?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for the Spousal Sponsorship for my spouse outside of Canada Dec 5, 2023. My spouse completed his biometrics Feb 12, 2024 and medical exam Feb 22, 2204 and passed on Feb 28, 2024. On the application tracker shows last updated April 29, 2024 but I am not sure what the update is. Background is still in progress but eligibility still hasn't started, but on the IRCC website the eligibility is still in progress. We received the AOR Jan 13, 2024 and received that I was approved to be a sponsor on Feb 2, 2024. Does anyone know how long until we get information for PPR visa? On the sites states he doesn't need an interview nor do they need more information. Its going to be 7 months this month since he completed everything.
Order GCMS notes.

BiljanaS

Sep 13, 2024
Did you send pictures of your wedding ceremony....conversation screenshit etc to prove your wedding is genuine?
Yes I did. I gave them 20 pictures as proof included our wedding pictures. I included all the converstation and phone records. When i emailed them they said its in queue for review you will be notified in due course.

BiljanaS

Sep 13, 2024
Order GCMS notes.
What does GCMS notes stand for? On the application tracker it says eligibility not started but background in progress. Medical and Biometrics completed.
On the IRCC website, says eligibility in progress and under background it says not applicable. I submitted the application Dec 5, 2023 they officially started processing it on January 13, 2024 (AOR). Feb 2, 2024 i became eligible to be a sponsor and they sent it to Vienna for further processing. But up until couple of months ago if I asked Vienna about the case they would tell me your application is not in Vienna its still in Ottawa IR Queue. When i called them they told me its in Vienna. But the last two times I emailed the Canadian embassy in Vienna they said its in review queue you will be informed for further steps in due course. So far for interview and more information it says they don't need it.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
What does GCMS notes stand for? On the application tracker it says eligibility not started but background in progress. Medical and Biometrics completed.
On the IRCC website, says eligibility in progress and under background it says not applicable. I submitted the application Dec 5, 2023 they officially started processing it on January 13, 2024 (AOR). Feb 2, 2024 i became eligible to be a sponsor and they sent it to Vienna for further processing. But up until couple of months ago if I asked Vienna about the case they would tell me your application is not in Vienna its still in Ottawa IR Queue. When i called them they told me its in Vienna. But the last two times I emailed the Canadian embassy in Vienna they said its in review queue you will be informed for further steps in due course. So far for interview and more information it says they don't need it.
Hi. The tracker is not really reliable at the moment since it has not been updated since mid-June. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

BiljanaS

Sep 13, 2024
I cant open that PDF. But the GCMS says you can get the history of the application you applied for. I know they said it will take 12 months to complete. But I just don't understand why its taking so long for the background check to be done. He has no criminal history and for the eligibility to be completed.