+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship.

hardik2201

May 21, 2024
I need correct suggestions form experience personal.
Hello, I got my PR portal,( PR conformation) email on 9th of April and I replide the email with required answer which ircc requested for virtual port entry. Then I got marride on 26th April 2024. And still waiting for the marrige certificate. On June14 2024 I got next email to confirm PR in PR portal in next seven days here I conform and get COPR in next 4 days but the think is with out proof of marrige certificate for which I'm still waiting I wasn't update to IRCC. dose it create issue when I applied for the spousal application? I get some negative things for someone which makes me feel I did wrong. Please suggest me something to do positive.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I need correct suggestions form experience personal.
Hello, I got my PR portal,( PR conformation) email on 9th of April and I replide the email with required answer which ircc requested for virtual port entry. Then I got marride on 26th April 2024. And still waiting for the marrige certificate. On June14 2024 I got next email to confirm PR in PR portal in next seven days here I conform and get COPR in next 4 days but the think is with out proof of marrige certificate for which I'm still waiting I wasn't update to IRCC. dose it create issue when I applied for the spousal application? I get some negative things for someone which makes me feel I did wrong. Please suggest me something to do positive.
I would suggest reading that email about confirmation CLOSELY to see if there is anything it says about family configuration changing or similar. (Or paste the text here).

Regardless, the situation actually is clear: you MUST advise them you got married. You should have done before, actually - you ARE married, the lack of the final version of the marriage certificate (obviously) does not mean you're not married nor exempt you from advising them. You cannot proceed to that final step before doing so.

hardik2201

May 21, 2024
I checked the final it's like this.
Good news! We are ready to finalize your status as a permanent resident in Canada.

This email is to notify you that a new permanent residence confirmation case has been created under your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.

To complete the above you will be asked to:

• Sign in with your existing details to the PR portal
  • Confirm that you are currently residing in Canada;
  • Provide your current mailing address in Canada so that we can mail you your permanent resident card;
  • Upload a photo in a digital format that will be used for your permanent resident card.
You have seven (7) days from the date of this email to confirm you’re in Canada, provide your mailing address in Canada and submit your PR card photo

Once you submit your information, it will be reviewed by IRCC.

• An IRCC case worker will send you a message if further information is required; the message will come from an email address ending in @ cic.gc. ca To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
  • When your information is approved by IRCC, your PR card will be printed and mailed to you.
For additional information on using the PR Portal to confirm your status as a permanent resident and receive your PR card, consult our website.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Note the following which applies to all types of apps:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

" Make sure you keep your information up to date
Use the web form if you need to update your contact information or tell us about changes to your family situation (for example, marriage, birth, divorce or death)."

If you did not do this, you are at fault and you will lose the possibility of sponsoring your spouse - ever.

That's why I'm saying don't proceed until this is 100% resolved.

(And to my knowledge, this will mean adding to/modifying your app by means of adding your spouse, who will have to do medical, biometrics, security clearance, etc.)

hardik2201

May 21, 2024
Do you have notes of what information you were required to confirm in the first stage?

"The first email will ask you to respond with some basic information."
Yes, it is following like this
IRCC requires this information in order for us to create a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an account for you to become permanent resident(s) through the portal.  Name as it appears in your passport:  UCI:  Email:(one for the whole family)  Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD) :  Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):  Location where you last entered (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):  Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):  If you are not inside Canada o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD): o In which country are you currently located:  If you can’t access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to: IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca  Once we receive your reply with the requested information, we’ll send you an invitation from: IRCC PR Portal/Portail RP IRCC<IRCC.DoNotReplyNePasRepondre.IRCC@prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca> to login to the portal and complete the steps. If you did not get our email, check your junk mail or spam folder.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, it is following like this
IRCC requires this information in order for us to create a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an account for you to become permanent resident(s) through the portal.  Name as it appears in your passport:  UCI:  Email:(one for the whole family)  Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD) :  Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):  Location where you last entered (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):  Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):  If you are not inside Canada o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD): o In which country are you currently located:  If you can’t access online tools such as the portal, or if you experience any technical issues with the portal, please let us know by replying to: IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca  Once we receive your reply with the requested information, we’ll send you an invitation from: IRCC PR Portal/Portail RP IRCC<IRCC.DoNotReplyNePasRepondre.IRCC@prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca> to login to the portal and complete the steps. If you did not get our email, check your junk mail or spam folder.
I'm surprised they do not make more explicit that you must advise them of changes like getting married.

That said: do it now.

hardik2201

May 21, 2024
So my question is id I inform ircc about its through web form or call they can go in back in process and do update this things? I heard in some case like this they revoke copr and add spouse application and after issue copr to both me and my spouse to geather. Is it possible with my application

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So my question is id I inform ircc about its through web form or call they can go in back in process and do update this things? I heard in some case like this they revoke copr and add spouse application and after issue copr to both me and my spouse to geather. Is it possible with my application
See above
And to my knowledge, this will mean adding to/modifying your app by means of adding your spouse, who will have to do medical, biometrics, security clearance, etc.

Reactions: YVR123