+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Deep Tina

Jan 11, 2018
Hi all..kindly guide me the best way forward.
I landed in Calgary, Canada as PR on September 26 ,2017. I got photo request on Nov 15 and within 2 days I mailed the 2 photos to CIC as required. On Dec 3, I returned to my home country, India but PR card is still awaited at the given calgary address. Suggest me how to track it.
Second suggestion I seek is that can I complete the family sponsorship paper application from within india and courier it to my friend in canada to forward it to Mississauga and till it gets approved can I apply for my spouse's visitor visa as the kids refuse to live alone . Or should I first apply visitor visa for them and when they are there in canada , apply for family class reunion.. guide me the best way forward plz.... Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot sponsor your spouse or children from outside of Canada. You must be physically living in Canada at the time you sponsor your spouse/children and remain in Canada while the application is being processed.

Yes - you should apply for a TRV if you want them to accompany you to Canada and sponsor them from there. Note there is no guarantee the TRV will be approved and there is certainly a chance you may need to return to Canada alone and sponsor them from there while they remain in your home country.

Deep Tina

Jan 11, 2018
You cannot sponsor your spouse or children from outside of Canada. You must be physically living in Canada at the time you sponsor your spouse/children and remain in Canada while the application is being processed.

Yes - you should apply for a TRV if you want them to accompany you to Canada and sponsor them from there. Note there is no guarantee the TRV will be approved and there is certainly a chance you may need to return to Canada alone and sponsor them from there while they remain in your home country.

Deep Tina

Jan 11, 2018
Ok...thanks Dear Syclla for the guidance. Pray they get TRV so that they could at least accompany me to canada as the kids are of 6 ad 10 years old and don't want to live alone.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If the TRV is refused, then you will need to apply for a TRP. If the TRP is also refused, then you will have to travel back to Canada without them and live separately from them while you sponsor them. The sponsorship process will likely take six months or so to complete.

Why did you include them as non-accompanying in your PR application? If you had simply flagged them as accompanying in your own PR application, they would have gotten PR visas at the same time you did and you wouldn't be facing this problem. (I am assuming they were included in your own PR application as non-accompanying and completed medicals as part of your PR process.)

Deep Tina

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah...that's the blunder I did commit unaware of the fact that it could get so complicated . TRV I hope can be approved for them while I am in home country and what's TRP kindly tell

AryaStark

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

I would like to discuss and get inputs on my case for Spousal Sponsorship.

My husband got PR and is in Canada since almost a week. He is due to receive his PR card in April, post which we will be applying for Spousal Sponsorship. I stay in India and have been working in an MNC since past 6yrs. While I have been regularly reading a lot of forums, but I am still confused on whether we should go with Inland or Outland process.

Earlier the plan was that we apply for Outland Sponsorship, post which I apply for Visitor Visa and go and stay with him starting July until my PR decision comes through. I have a valid 10yr US visa and have also been to US lately, and will also provide NOC from my company, so I have full hopes that my Visitor Visa would not get rejected. But then I have been reading forms wherein I got to know that owing to the application getting stuck in NDVO, sometimes the PR decision takes 8-10months. In that case, I will then have to come back after the end of my 6month visitor visa limit which I don’t want.

So to address this, another idea that struck us was how about applying for Visitor Visa while on job, going to Canada and then applying for Inland Sponsorship? This way I can also get an Open Work Permit and don’t have to worry about sitting idle at home while PR is in process.

Now I have couple of queries if we go through this route:

• Is Inland Sponsorship the best way out here?
  • Do I confess to CIC the intention of applying Inland in my Visitor Visa application? Because else they might find it odd that we haven’t yet put our PR in process yet.
  • Does this confession put my Visitor Visa at risk?
  • Is there any other imp point that I am missing here?

Would really appreciate some expert opinions on this!

Thanks!