+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Jfor Jayant

Jun 12, 2018
Hi All,
I am a PR, and I am in the process of arranging documents for sponsoring my wife who is currently living in India.
Please advise if notorising the documents is compulsory for the declaration to be submitted by the principal applicant, sponsor and friends/relatives?
Due to COVID and lockdown in India we are not able to get the documents notarized.
Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
I am a PR, and I am in the process of arranging documents for sponsoring my wife who is currently living in India.
Please advise if notorising the documents is compulsory for the declaration to be submitted by the principal applicant, sponsor and friends/relatives?
Due to COVID and lockdown in India we are not able to get the documents notarized.
Thank you!
Follow what is stated on the checklist and your country-specific guidelines.

sidmpanchal11

Apr 16, 2020
Hello All,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during this hard time. I want to follow up with my spouse application file. I submitted her file on March 3rd/2020 but since then I have not got any update regarding her application. I don't know what is the next step and IRCC is still working on the files which was submitted before this Pandemic. can anyone help me with this matter? I really appreciate your time and effort.

Thank You.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello All,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during this hard time. I want to follow up with my spouse application file. I submitted her file on March 3rd/2020 but since then I have not got any update regarding her application. I don't know what is the next step and IRCC is still working on the files which was submitted before this Pandemic. can anyone help me with this matter? I really appreciate your time and effort.

Thank You.
1. About 2/3 months or so if it is out of Canada for AOR or 4/5 months if in Canada. But it is anybodies guess these days.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. You then should receive A notice of receipt about 2/3 months from Sydney that the application was received and if you are eligible to sponsor.

Galisha

Jun 29, 2018
Hi all
Would someone like to share if anybody got any update for outland spouse application within last month i mean during covid-19 situation ?

Kobra

May 5, 2020
Hello every body,
This is one year and four months that our spousal sponsorship application is in process, all necessary documents had been submitted on time. We were expecting finalizing and getting visa before covid19. Last update before covid19 were told that application is in London visa office and transferred to assigned officer for review.

I’m in Afghanistan and my husband is a PR Canadian. I do not know why it is too long! When IRCC is going to finalize in process applications?
Thanks for your understanding and help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello every body,
This is one year and four months that our spousal sponsorship application is in process, all necessary documents had been submitted on time. We were expecting finalizing and getting visa before covid19. Last update before covid19 were told that application is in London visa office and transferred to assigned officer for review.

I’m in Afghanistan and my husband is a PR Canadian. I do not know why it is too long! When IRCC is going to finalize in process applications?
Thanks for your understanding and help!
A lot of delays are due to the applicant's country not responding in a timely manner. Afghanistan apps are known to go well beyond a year.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi all
Would someone like to share if anybody got any update for outland spouse application within last month i mean during covid-19 situation ?
People have been getting updates but not near the normal pace before Covid, everything will take longer, they are working at greatly reduced staffing. It is a time for patience.

Ellaridge

Feb 15, 2020
Hi, my partner is sponsoring me for pr as common law, what work permit form do I fill in and how do I send them all together if the work permit is online?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
May 5, 2020
I have got rejection please give me advice what can I do You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.
You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I have got rejection please give me advice what can I do You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.
You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR.
Did you submit an application for PR+OWP? And if yes what was your status in Canada?

Or was it a SOWP application as a spouse/common law partner of a worker or student?