NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
hi,

Do you check mark the Q 6 MEDICAL EXAMINATION checkbox for PRINCIPAL APLICANT in the Checklist(IMM5533) ? Since they ask you to submit the Medical examination later, so shall we tick that checkbox?

Also, do we check mark Q2 and Q3 for SPONSOR even if the answer is NO in those cases?

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
Hi guys,

We are landing from Italy to Toronto Jan. 25. I have a question about our personal effects and form B4. Since I'm Canadian and live in Italy, do I have to have my own form and my husband his own form? He's Italian and landing. I'm Will I have to pay taxes on my things? The form is also quite confusing as we have to declare the value of each item but we have a lot that is very old and also inherited items. I also have things that I bought in Canada. Do I need to declare that too?

Then, do I have to have a separate list for the things in our luggage that are coming with us?

If anyone can give us any tips and help us out with our questions, much appreciated.
I also hope everyone has a fantastic 2017.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
neetwo80 said:
Hi guys,

We are landing from Italy to Toronto Jan. 25. I have a question about our personal effects and form B4. Since I'm Canadian and live in Italy, do I have to have my own form and my husband his own form? He's Italian and landing. I'm Will I have to pay taxes on my things? The form is also quite confusing as we have to declare the value of each item but we have a lot that is very old and also inherited items. I also have things that I bought in Canada. Do I need to declare that too?

Then, do I have to have a separate list for the things in our luggage that are coming with us?

If anyone can give us any tips and help us out with our questions, much appreciated.
I also hope everyone has a fantastic 2017.
yes - both of you need to fill out separate forms. there is a box to tick for your classification. since he is landing and you are returning, you are classified differently. as a returning settler, you can declare items duty free. you want to declare everything you are bringing in, regardless of where it was bought.

the lists do not need to be super detailed. you can lot things together and give an estimated price for each batch of items. if something doesn't have value (like personal papers), put $0 for the value. you can list items like: 2 boxes of kitchen goods, 4 suitcases of clothes, 1 bag of shoes, etc. You do not need to list every item separately. provide a total value for the lot. you can estimate values by using what you would sell it for privately. as long as the prices aren't too dramatic, it's not going to matter.

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Survivor27 said:
Hi, photocopy of the letters should be fine. About your itinerary/e-ticket, if you have it on your email you can just print them.

Hi. I don't have it in my email anymore. So I guess I don't have to send the e ticket that's on my phone. I will just send them the photocopy of my passport with the entry and exit stamps when I visited my husband.

Thank you very much :)

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can point me to a thread about landing procedures. Just any good info about forms/paperwork that's needed or even past experiences people had with landing.

I'm trying to search on the forum but there's no easy way of searching. Just trying to keep myself sane by planning while I wait for my husband's DM to come hopefully soon.

Thanks in advance!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Joyce_tosf said:
Hey everyone!

Just wondering if anyone can point me to a thread about landing procedures. Just any good info about forms/paperwork that's needed or even past experiences people had with landing.

I'm trying to search on the forum but there's no easy way of searching. Just trying to keep myself sane by planning while I wait for my husband's DM to come hopefully soon.

Thanks in advance!
i'd recommend checking out the settlement issues board for this kind of thread. there are many threads dedicated to landing there.

landing is pretty simple and doesn't require much. all that is needed is the COPR (approval letter the applicant will receive from IRCC) and passport. If the applicant is declaring items at landing or after, they need to fill out a BSF186 declaration form. No other paperwork is required.

The procedure itself is about 15 minutes. the officer asks the questions written on the COPR, the officer and applicant sign, they stamp and send you on your way. the wait time varies depending on how busy that particular border is.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Joyce_tosf said:
Hey everyone!

Thanks in advance!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
i'd recommend checking out the settlement issues board for this kind of thread. there are many threads dedicated to landing there.

landing is pretty simple and doesn't require much. all that is needed is the COPR (approval letter the applicant will receive from IRCC) and passport. If the applicant is declaring items at landing or after, they need to fill out a BSF186 declaration form. No other paperwork is required.

The procedure itself is about 15 minutes. the officer asks the questions written on the COPR, the officer and applicant sign, they stamp and send you on your way. the wait time varies depending on how busy that particular border is.
Thank you so much for the info! That's good to know!

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
MonzB said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp
Thank you!

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes - both of you need to fill out separate forms. there is a box to tick for your classification. since he is landing and you are returning, you are classified differently. as a returning settler, you can declare items duty free. you want to declare everything you are bringing in, regardless of where it was bought.

the lists do not need to be super detailed. you can lot things together and give an estimated price for each batch of items. if something doesn't have value (like personal papers), put $0 for the value. you can list items like: 2 boxes of kitchen goods, 4 suitcases of clothes, 1 bag of shoes, etc. You do not need to list every item separately. provide a total value for the lot. you can estimate values by using what you would sell it for privately. as long as the prices aren't too dramatic, it's not going to matter.
Thank you. This is super helpful. I appreciate you!!! Have a great New Year!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
neetwo80 said:
Thank you. This is super helpful. I appreciate you!!! Have a great New Year!
you're welcome. i forgot to mention you will want to list electronics separately with their serial numbers listed.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
CDNPR2014 said:
you're welcome. i forgot to mention you will want to list electronics separately with their serial numbers listed.
Oh good to know, thank you!!

Marulara

Star Member
Mar 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2016
AOR Received.
03-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-03-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
IP - March 3, DM - March 11, PPR - March 14
VISA ISSUED...
March 17,2017
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time - April 9,2017
Hi, i need some advice pls..
April app here common-law.. No update since aor2 in june. I ordered notes but haven't received it yet.
Do you think its ok for me to email my visa office and inquire about my app?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Marulara said:
Hi, i need some advice pls..
April app here common-law.. No update since aor2 in june. I ordered notes but haven't received it yet.
Do you think its ok for me to email my visa office and inquire about my app?
I would definitely do that.

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
IRCC states that PR sponsors must be residing in Canada throughout the process. There is no strict definition for "residing". Generally, if it's anything more than a few weeks, IRCC could determine that the sponsor is no longer residing in Canada. There have been many apps refused because the PR sponsor left Canada, even if only for a month.
So they intentionally want us to stay apart until the process is completed? This is such a sick process.

I went through so much of trouble to get 6 months of work from India approved from my Employer and now this..

There is no other way to get around this and we can stay together?