+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

BHEJ

May 17, 2016
HI EVERYONE,

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY FRIEND SPONSORSHIP CASE. SHE LANDED IN CANADA FEB 2014 WITH HER SPOUSAL ON FEDERAL SKILLED PROGRAM. AFTER THAT THEY FILLED DIVORCE WITH MUTUAL CONSENT IN JANUARY 2015 AND GOT DECISION IN JULY 2015. NOW SHE MARRIED AGAIN AND WANT TO SPONSOR HER HUSBAND. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN DIVORCE PAPER IT IS MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE SEPARATED BY NOVEMBER 2013. MY QUESTION IS .....WILL CIC AERIES AN QUESTION ABOUT HER PREVIOUS SEPARATION....LIKE HOW THEY WERE LANDED TOGETHER IN JAN 2014, IF THEY WERE SEPARATED IN JANUARY 2013.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
calgary2017 said:
Hi Nara
thanks for your advice
Ref
a) believe me that I have tried several times to change the settings, but I really cannot find it (the settings of the timeline of the application)
b) which spreadsheet ?
c) Sponsorhip approval is received 13th May. Ref means of living in Calgary, we would land at her parents house, and then surely try to find each of us a job as soon as possible. In Spain we have good jobs both,but there´s no problem in doing any job after arriving in Calgary to settle down. I know that nobody will be welcoming us "with a red carpet" at the airport, specially now that the oil price is down, but altogether family, friends, and our skills would find a way to get job

Cheers
a) Profile --> Forum Profile Information.
b) Check April 2015 or March 2015 applicant forum. There are plenty of google spreadsheets being used to track other applicants in forum. You would see it whenever you read different messages..Check the footer note.
c) I have responded in other forum, regd how i went about on searching jobs.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t414146.0.html

I will be doing a detail write up in next few days.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
BHEJ said:
HI EVERYONE,

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY FRIEND SPONSORSHIP CASE. SHE LANDED IN CANADA FEB 2014 WITH HER SPOUSAL ON FEDERAL SKILLED PROGRAM. AFTER THAT THEY FILLED DIVORCE WITH MUTUAL CONSENT IN JANUARY 2015 AND GOT DECISION IN JULY 2015. NOW SHE MARRIED AGAIN AND WANT TO SPONSOR HER HUSBAND. BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT IN DIVORCE PAPER IT IS MENTIONED THAT THEY ARE SEPARATED BY NOVEMBER 2013. MY QUESTION IS .....WILL CIC AERIES AN QUESTION ABOUT HER PREVIOUS SEPARATION....LIKE HOW THEY WERE LANDED TOGETHER IN JAN 2014, IF THEY WERE SEPARATED IN JANUARY 2013.
Yes Divorce papers ( because it is legal ) , is of high value, especially when CIC scrutinizes your friends application. Your friend needs to correct this legally, and then she will have to sponsor her husband. I have seen plenty of people go through this issue ( with name or date being incorrect in divorce papers ), your friend is inviting a red flag by not correcting it...be it CIC or her personal life.

traveller2016

May 18, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding this topic. Maybe my case is a little special:

My wife is Canadian, and I plan to apply PR. We are living abroad.

The problem is that I have been working and supporting the family financially, while my wife is a house wife. In this case, is my wife still qualified to be a sponsor?

Thanks!

inopane04

May 18, 2016
Hello guys..i just want to ask how do i answer those questions that will be needing extra sheet of paper?Do i have to provide my answer on the space provided on the form and then just continue answering on the extra sheet of paper? or do i just provide all the answer on the extra sheet?thanks

And how about if the question is not applicable to me, do I need to put "NA" in ALL provided space?

Thank you guys;) :D

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
inopane04 said:
Hello guys..i just want to ask how do i answer those questions that will be needing extra sheet of paper?Do i have to provide my answer on the space provided on the form and then just continue answering on the extra sheet of paper? or do i just provide all the answer on the extra sheet?thanks.................It depends on you, where enough lines are available start writing and where enough lines are not available write "please see attached addition sheet"..and on additional sheet write Name,DOB at top and below write form number,heading under which u r giving explanation

And how about if the question is not applicable to me, do I need to put "NA" in ALL provided space? ..............Yes put "N/A" where "NONE" is not mentioned

Thank you guys;) :D

lyrehc09

Feb 19, 2016
Hi everyone! will my application speed up if my doctor will write a letter that i'm sick that i need comfort/care from my husband? tnx. is there anyone that have the same situation like me?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
lyrehc09 said:
Hi everyone! will my application speed up if my doctor will write a letter that i'm sick that i need comfort/care from my husband? tnx. is there anyone that have the same situation like me?
No, unfortunately CIC won't expedite your case.

nt821

May 19, 2016
Hello Everyone!

I came across this forum looking for answers and I'm hoping someone can help!

I am a US citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We legally got married a month ago and are about to begin the sponsorship application. Would anyone think it's necessary to apply for the sponsorship through a lawyer or did everyone submit the paperwork and applications on their own?? I began all the paperwork like copies of phone calls, texts, messages, pictures, medical and background check but would it be necessary to spend all the money to get a lawyer? Would it make a difference at all? Also, did anyone receive any replies about their application? What is the average wait time???

I am very anxious about this whole process because we thought it was a simple move. We were not expecting to wait to complete forms and such :( :( :(

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
nt821 said:
Hello Everyone!

I came across this forum looking for answers and I'm hoping someone can help!

I am a US citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen. We legally got married a month ago and are about to begin the sponsorship application. Would anyone think it's necessary to apply for the sponsorship through a lawyer or did everyone submit the paperwork and applications on their own?? I began all the paperwork like copies of phone calls, texts, messages, pictures, medical and background check but would it be necessary to spend all the money to get a lawyer? Would it make a difference at all? Also, did anyone receive any replies about their application? What is the average wait time???

I am very anxious about this whole process because we thought it was a simple move. We were not expecting to wait to complete forms and such :( :( :(
Unless you have serious issues like criminality, going through a lawyer or consultant is a waste of money, especially since you're American. The forms are fairly straightforward to fill out and this forum is a great tool for answering questions. Most Americans are processed through Ottawa and are taking roughly 2-5 months right now (that office has recently sped up).

Apply for the FBI background check now. American citizens (and permanent residents) are now allowed to use 3rd party FBI approved channelers again.

I'm also from the US and I applied on April 6th. I'm currently waiting for sponsorship approval, which should come any day now.

Please don't post the same exact question on multiple threads (it's considered rude). I responded to all of your posts.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
lyrehc09 said:
I wouldnt even attempt to..coz, in your case, depending on your sickness level, you can drain money from ministry.. I would be careful here...not scaring you, but my first job here is to deal cases with govt. The chances that you would be able to speed up application is very slim.

gaurav gupta

Aug 23, 2010
Hello everyone,

just a quick question, i was preparing to file for spousal immigration, we do not have any dependent, do i still have to fill the form Additional Dependants/Declaration Or not.

Also the photographs do i have to write the names of the individuals on the back for the photographs I am attaching with my file.

Thanks.