07-04-2015
Med's Done....
18-04-2015; Third line on 28-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
Hi All,

I am planning to marry in December this year and I am an Indian, living as a PR in Canada. Is it possible to apply for my fiancee's visitor visa before marriage because I've heard, there is no way Canada's gonna issue her a visitor visa after marriage? Please advice.

Also, What documents should I need after marriage to start this process? Is there anything that I can start preparing right now, to file her application as soon as possible after marriage?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Raj19 said:
my brother is sponsoring his wife who is on student visa canada, do he need to pay RPRF along wit application fees?
He can either pay this fee up front - or pay it later when CIC requests it. It's better to pay up front to avoid delays to processing.

heidiandgoats

Aug 13, 2014
Ponga said:
Outland!

You can use the address in Canada, because that's where you are residing, right? It's a delicate dance, but in the eyes of CIC, you are living in Canada, but to CBSA, you are a visitor in Canada.

Oh...and be prepared for a pretty quick process, since your application will [likely] be processed entirely in Canada in ~ 6-8 months. ;)
Thank you so much for the reply! What you said definitely makes sense but I had never thought of it that way.

"Quick" process? From CIC?.. LOL....yeah, maybe in terms of geological time!

But I really appreciate the super-quick reply to my question. Thanks a million, Ponga!

SAMAWAN

Nov 14, 2014
My Interview done on 16th of March In Islamabad.. After that till time my application is in process... after how much days normally status changed????

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
SAMAWAN said:
My Interview done on 16th of March In Islamabad.. After that till time my application is in process... after how much days normally status changed????
Every case is different, did you pass the interview or are you still waiting for the result?

SAMAWAN

Nov 14, 2014
Every case is different, did you pass the interview or are you still waiting for the result?

Dear I am Waiting for the result?? VO asked me to stay in touch with your immigration consultant...

ames219

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-DEC-2015
AOR Received.
04-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Sep-2015/ Redo medical request Oct 6th 2016
Interview........
In queue 21st June 2016/ Interview cancelled Oct 6th
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone has the answer to this question. I'm sponsoring my husband, who's in malaysia. The pr application has been in process for about a month now.

I was just wondering if the new uci given to him by the lvo should be valid immediately? We've been trying to log in with his info but it has been going through unfortunately. My uci works fine. Is it advisable to call cic and find out why we can't log in with his uci?

Thanks so much to whoever replies.!

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ames219 said:
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone has the answer to this question. I'm sponsoring my husband, who's in malaysia. The pr application has been in process for about a month now.

I was just wondering if the new uci given to him by the lvo should be valid immediately? We've been trying to log in with his info but it has been going through unfortunately. My uci works fine. Is it advisable to call cic and find out why we can't log in with his uci?

Thanks so much to whoever replies.!
Hello.

I had the same problem.

I check my online status using an Application Number. Do you have an Application Number?

floesp

Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-08-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
26-06-2016
Med's Done....
03-07-2016
Interview........
(NA)=PCC Req 26-07-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
jst waiting ...................

ames219

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-DEC-2015
AOR Received.
04-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello.

I had the same problem.

I check my online status using an Application Number. Do you have an Application Number?
Yea, the both of us have the same application number(case number) I can log in with my info but he can't log in with his. Not sure why as he was given his own uci

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ames219 said:
Yea, the both of us have the same application number(case number) I can log in with my info but he can't log in with his. Not sure why as he was given his own uci
Hi.

So are you saying that you both have the same Application/Case Number? It should be different for each one. But I don't know for sure because my application is a Spouse Application, so just one Application/Case and one UCI Number.

In any case, if your husband can't log in with his Application/Case Number or UCI number, there is no harm getting in touch with CIC for an issue such as this.

However, if you are able to check your online status, your husband's progress should be the same as yours, correct?

SirksSirks

Apr 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I posted on this thread a few years ago and now I'm posting again in need of dire help/advice.

I'm a young American woman living in Ontario Canada with my Canadian boyfriend. I've been living here for about two years now. My current problem now is - I've overstayed my visit, and now I'm about to face homelessness with my boyfriend. When I first moved in with him he was working and I'd stay home. The plan was to live together for 12 months consecutively and then apply for common law sponsorship. Well, we've been living together since Oct. 2013 and we haven't done anything to start the process for a few reasons. My boyfriend lost his job in the beginning of 2015 so it's been pretty rough financially ever since then. Our rent is a little over 1,400 dollars and now we're behind three months rent and are scheduled to be kicked out on the 15th of this month. My question now is - is there anyway I can still stay in Canada even though I've overstayed my visit? At one point in 2014 I went back to the states for about three days and came back to Ontario to restart the clock on my 6 month visitor stay. I haven't been back to the states since May of 2014. The entire situation is a big mess, but I have no where to go if I have to leave Canada. I have no family back home, and my boyfriend is all I have. He also doesn't have family he can go to for help because he's gotten so much help from then last year that they're finally at a point where they simply don't want to anymore. Is it possible for us to get married (so I can stay) and then start all of our PR paperwork once we sort out our impending homelessness.

ames219

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-DEC-2015
AOR Received.
04-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hi.

So are you saying that you both have the same Application/Case Number? It should be different for each one. But I don't know for sure because my application is a Spouse Application, so just one Application/Case and one UCI Number.

In any case, if your husband can't log in with his Application/Case Number or UCI number, there is no harm getting in touch with CIC for an issue such as this.

However, if you are able to check your online status, your husband's progress should be the same as yours, correct?

Yeah, we have the same application/ case number but different UCI. I'm not sure how that works because even with the same application number his info doesn't get us through.

And you're right, the info on his side should be the same as mine but i had read in a couple of threads that some did have different updates so that's why i was wondering. I'll probably give CIC a call soon. Thank you:)

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
SirksSirks said:
Hello Everyone,

I posted on this thread a few years ago and now I'm posting again in need of dire help/advice.

I'm a young American woman living in Ontario Canada with my Canadian boyfriend. I've been living here for about two years now. My current problem now is - I've overstayed my visit, and now I'm about to face homelessness with my boyfriend. When I first moved in with him he was working and I'd stay home. The plan was to live together for 12 months consecutively and then apply for common law sponsorship. Well, we've been living together since Oct. 2013 and we haven't done anything to start the process for a few reasons. My boyfriend lost his job in the beginning of 2015 so it's been pretty rough financially ever since then. Our rent is a little over 1,400 dollars and now we're behind three months rent and are scheduled to be kicked out on the 15th of this month. My question now is - is there anyway I can still stay in Canada even though I've overstayed my visit? At one point in 2014 I went back to the states for about three days and came back to Ontario to restart the clock on my 6 month visitor stay. I haven't been back to the states since May of 2014. The entire situation is a big mess, but I have no where to go if I have to leave Canada. I have no family back home, and my boyfriend is all I have. He also doesn't have family he can go to for help because he's gotten so much help from then last year that they're finally at a point where they simply don't want to anymore. Is it possible for us to get married (so I can stay) and then start all of our PR paperwork once we sort out our impending homelessness.
Hello.

I am so sorry to hear about the situation you are in. I sympathize with you. It is much too dire of a situation but I'm sure there is a way out. In your current situation, you should take the steps you have the ability to take. Although I am unsure of procedures with American Citizens, let me ask you this. Is it not possible for you to make a short exit from Canada, visit the States and then return fresh? That way you are no longer overstayed. Just a question.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ames219 said:
Yeah, we have the same application/ case number but different UCI. I'm not sure how that works because even with the same application number his info doesn't get us through.

And you're right, the info on his side should be the same as mine but i had read in a couple of threads that some did have different updates so that's why i was wondering. I'll probably give CIC a call soon. Thank you:)
Yes, that is probably the best to do. It would not do any harm. But what I didn't understand from your message is why you have a separate UCI as well? I thought you were the sponsor? I apologize if I sound confused.