OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
God knows what's best for us.
LITTLEJAI said:
Yeah ,but do i need to secure this documents?if so, do i need to talk to a lawyer and how can i obtain this?
thanks though.
you don't have to talk to a lawyer or seek any documents for custody because in our law (philippines) since the father didn't sign or acknowledged our daughters from birth, we are single parent and we have the sole custody of our child. that is understood when the immigration will look at our child's birth certificate all we need is just a little explanation on how our previous relationship were (with the father of the child). that's what ive learned from this forum.. =) GOODLUCK TO OUR APPLICATIONS!! MERRY XMAS!

kennystewart80

Star Member
Nov 25, 2010
Peterborough
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
I'm about to apply as a Spouse from within Canada, I have however overstayed my visitor visa. It does say on the CIC website this is not a problem but do you know the reality of my predicament? I'm a UK citizen and have been here for 7 months now.

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
kennystewart80 said:
I'm about to apply as a Spouse from within Canada, I have however overstayed my visitor visa. It does say on the CIC website this is not a problem but do you know the reality of my predicament? I'm a UK citizen and have been here for 7 months now.
If you are from UK, then why don't you apply outland and not inland? Outland timings are approximately 3 months right now (although it says about 9 months on CIC website), and inland timings are about 18 months.

You are able to be in Canada on TRV while applying outland for PR, but you will need to restore and then extend your TRV. I believe you can do that online, if you do a search of the forum, I know I've seen a few threads on there about that.

Michael B

Nov 23, 2010
Hi everyone.

After reading numerous stories here, I'm in a weird situation. I sponsored my wife in CONGO ( DRC ) this past september ( 09/14/2010 ) and CPC-M approved me IN ONE DAY. On the 15th they mailed me my approval letter and then I received a letter from VISA OFFICE IN NAIROBI a few weeks later. They started processing in Nairobi on OCT 6 2010.

Few questions about this, has this happened to someone to be approved within a day and NAIROBI ( which is SLOW AS HELL ) starts processing on OCT 6.

- Sent the following as proof of relationship: Emails, chat logs, phone records, letters from my sister, 2 buddies stating that they are aware of my relatioship and a letter of reference from my buddy who originally introduced me to my "wife" almost 2 years ago. Also Sent them all original moneygram receipts, Bank records showing various purchases for her ( clothes, jewelry, etc ) USPS and Canada post receipts showing me mailing all those items to her. Also sent them "SMS" records sent from her carrier's website. I basically sent them at least 400 pages of various "communication" records that we had since we met.

- Sent them photos of us while I was in Kinshasa ( first trip when I met her and return trip this past april 2010 )
- Sent them envelopes of birth day cards we sent each other as well as the cards themselves.
- Sent them photos of the "proposing" reception at her house and civil wedding photos.
- Sent them a reference letter from a pastor that my wife knows from back home who lives here in Toronto stating he will perform and organize our "traditional" wedding ceremony.
- No previous marriages/Divorces
- No kids involved.
- Both of us have decent jobs ( she's a doctor and i'm Network Maintenance Technician for Rogers Cable )
- My sister and her spoke a few times and exchange emails now and then.

And obviously sent them all usual documents, such as passport and visa photocopies, etc.

With all this, here are my questions:

- Is it unusual for CPC-M to approve someone in 1 DAY.
- Is it strange that NAIROBI started processing so quickly.
- Does anyone think with all the data I sent them an Interview will be required ( I'm a "white" Canadian and she's African obviously, can just "SKIN COLOR" be the difference between having an Interview or not.
- Does anyone know if the "average" times can be shorter than posted? Nairobis's shortest wait times are 13 months and the longest 22. Can processing still be quicker than the posted averages?

Any info, comments, "be awares" or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You to everyone. Leon, hope to hear from you too. You seem VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Thank you so much for your kind reply & useful information "Tifanjo & Kiwikris"
Yes I already sent my work permit application with P.R inland application so that at the time of 1st stage AIP they will send me. I hope I will get something in December because I did't recieve anything since last five months. I can't see even e-cas & on phone machine tells "We have recieved your application on 16th June 2010) that's it no more information.

TIFANJO thanks yes yr lawyer is right as long as you are on student status legally, doesn't matter if you attend school or not but you can't go out side of canada. Thanks friends. Don't loose courage & hope................God Bless You

Kulilit

Aug 17, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Passport Req..
02-02-2011
To All,

Sa mga sponsors.... Nagprovide pa ba kayo ng additional details of your current relationship like dun sa Sponsor questionnaire before the sponsors signature? Here's what is written:

"On a separate sheet of paper, provide any additional details of your current relatinship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing."

If yes, gumawa lang ba kayo ng love story or may iba pang evidence.... kasi di ba nandun na lahat sa
Application ng spouse to be sponsored lahat ng evidence? I'm just worried... Thanks!

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are from UK, then why don't you apply outland and not inland? Outland timings are approximately 3 months right now (although it says about 9 months on CIC website), and inland timings are about 18 months.

You are able to be in Canada on TRV while applying outland for PR, but you will need to restore and then extend your TRV. I believe you can do that online, if you do a search of the forum, I know I've seen a few threads on there about that.

Question about outland..
Outland- you can be in canada on a visitors visa being sponsor apply for Outland and stay in Canada while the PR is being approved? or is that more Inland?

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
KSCM said:
Question about outland..
Outland- you can be in canada on a visitors visa being sponsor apply for Outland and stay in Canada while the PR is being approved? or is that more Inland?
As long as you have a valid TRV you can be in Canada and still apply outland. But if an interview is requested, you MUST travel back to the your country for the interview and you will need to send your passport to that Visa Office for the PR visa to be issued.

KSCM

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandiF said:
As long as you have a valid TRV you can be in Canada and still apply outland. But if an interview is requested, you MUST travel back to the your country for the interview and you will need to send your passport to that Visa Office for the PR visa to be issued.
so if he gets called back to egypt for an interview he must take his passportwith him to the airo visa office to have his PR issued from there?
How long will he need to stay in Cairo for his interview is it just a day or will he need to stay till he gets approved for PR?

thanks for you help

eebhiehal

Nov 27, 2010
Spousal sponsorship

hi!i'm new here...can u help me how will i process my visa in these case,my husband and i were just bf/gf when he went to Canada .then we just communicating via net and phone.after 1 year of staying there he went back here in Philippines for a 1month vacation and the plan is to be engaged with me but because we are urged not to be in a long distance anymore after a 2weeks of engaged we planned to be married to easy process of our papers.He got his PR after six months that we are in LDR but married. Can you help me what will be my steps on how i will process my PR visa because he will sponsor me. He is now working in a good company there.it will be a good help if you can give me advise and hat are the things to do.thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eebhiehal said:
hi!i'm new here...can u help me how will i process my visa in these case,my husband and i were just bf/gf when he went to Canada .then we just communicating via net and phone.after 1 year of staying there he went back here in Philippines for a 1month vacation and the plan is to be engaged with me but because we are urged not to be in a long distance anymore after a 2weeks of engaged we planned to be married to easy process of our papers.He got his PR after six months that we are in LDR but married. Can you help me what will be my steps on how i will process my PR visa because he will sponsor me. He is now working in a good company there.it will be a good help if you can give me advise and hat are the things to do.thank you!
Are you saying that he got his PR after you were married? If this is the case, did he include you in his PR application as a wife not accompanying? If he did not, that is not good news for you. If he got his PR before you were married or he got it after you were married but included you as a wife not accompanying, then it should be easy for him to sponsor you.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
KSCM said:
How long will he need to stay in Cairo for his interview is it just a day or will he need to stay till he gets approved for PR?
It would just be for a day for the interview. Usually it's a few weeks after that before you actually get approved.

pmary

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BeShoo said:
It would just be for a day for the interview. Usually it's a few weeks after that before you actually get approved.
Dear BeSHoo

How about if someone does not need attend the interview and his or her passport will be requested ? does he or she should leave Canada for entering again to Canada with PR ?

or just send the passport to visa office and then they post it back to Canada if one live in Canada?

dorisiana

Nov 13, 2010
Laguna, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB. 28 2011
Doc's Request.
MAY 5 2011
AOR Received.
MAY 6 2011
File Transfer...
APRIL 4 2011
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 2010
Passport Req..
MAY 6 2011
VISA ISSUED...
in God's will..
LANDED..........
God knows what's best for us.
I'm just curious,.. I've read so much about misrepresentation which was also my friend's situation when he didn't intentionally included his child in his application, he did not know that there are rules on such and made a mistake.

your helpful posts states the immigration will likely know about undeclared children or wives after an immigrant landed in canada and then they make a move of sponsoring their dependents. so does it mean that they have no capacity to know the undeclared dependents during application's background check? I have read many situations about it and i think the immigration can avoid it if they have the means to know about the immigrants children aside from depending on the PR's declarations on the form, in that way situation like this will be avoided. and also the would be PRs will be informed well about the reasons and consequences.

I'm just feeling really sad for my friend.. can't imagine not being with my child forever from immigration rules like this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dorisiana said:
so does it mean that they have no capacity to know the undeclared dependents during application's background check?
In some cases they might possibly find out but I don't think a background check normally consists of finding out if somebody is married or how many children they have, especially since they may actually be getting married at the time their application is being processed and babies can be born during that time as well.

Immigration asks you to declare all your children and your spouse. They also ask that you let them know if there are changes in your family situation. If you fail to do this, the consequences are harsh but how can you for example forget that you have a child when you fill out your application?