Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
bethanylady said:
Hi Aquakitty, when I applied my PR started 2011-2013, cause Im still waiting for my marriage license so I didn't report immediately and all of a sudden my PR approved already and I was so excited to get my PR card and failed to update my status. Is there any here of you guys, order to remove PR cause of failure of updating status?
But the big issue is if you landed before or after you got married?

BrettyMac

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen living in Germany. I am hoping to apply outland to sponsor my boyfriend (we've lived together common law for the past 2 years) to come back to Canada with me. I have a question about the police checks.. I have tried finding a response on here, but couldn't find a final answer anywhere. ;)

The app process says my boyfriend has to get a police check for every country he's lived in for more than 6 months after the age of 18.. that is 4 different countries for him, one of which was actually Canada (he lived there for a year in Uni). Ironically the hardest check to get done is Canada! ::) We're not clear though - DOES he need to get a Canadian check done? Or will they just ask him for one if they need it?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
BrettyMac said:
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen living in Germany. I am hoping to apply outland to sponsor my boyfriend (we've lived together common law for the past 2 years) to come back to Canada with me. I have a question about the police checks.. I have tried finding a response on here, but couldn't find a final answer anywhere. ;)

The app process says my boyfriend has to get a police check for every country he's lived in for more than 6 months after the age of 18.. that is 4 different countries for him, one of which was actually Canada (he lived there for a year in Uni). Ironically the hardest check to get done is Canada! ::) We're not clear though - DOES he need to get a Canadian check done? Or will they just ask him for one if they need it?

Thanks!
He does not need a Canadian police check - just for the other three countries.

D

David83

scylla said:
He does not need a Canadian police check - just for the other three countries.
Is this true for all applicants of PR or only the sponsored spouse?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Cerise said:
Do I need a police check when I studied in another country?
If you were there for longer than 6 months, yes.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015

DarioxD

Aug 30, 2015
Aquakitty said:
No, I believe since you applied for PR with legal status, you will have implied status when your current status expires. When you say you applied for work permit, do you mean you sent the application for the OWP pilot programme with your PR application? Then you are fine and have implied status until you get the work permit. If you leave the country you won't be let back in since you won't have a visa, and your app will be cancelled so don't do that whatever you do.
i applied for extension my stay in canada like a worker, Open work permit, becouse i dont like to be lazy, and i want to start work. One nice woman told me i can do like this. i dont need to apply for visa with a croatian passport, i can be every year in canada 6 mouths. this is my second stay in Canada like a visitor for this period. I sended the application imm5710, including imm5556 check list, with a cover letter giving them copys of the aplication for sponsorship n copys of the bills, cic fees.

anyways i should stay in canada wtahever happends, im confused becouse my visitor visa is exp on 19/11/2015

beelantana

Feb 27, 2015
Hello,

Please help clarify

I currently live in Canada and planning to sponsor my spouse who lives in Nigeria and we just got married. I am reading some of the requirements and wondering if i can get some clarification. My husband and i dont have any children or dependents and i am planning to spponsor him alone.

The family information form and Police clearance instructions ask that we submit police clearance for each member of our family over 18. Does this mean my husband has to send police reports for all his siblings as well?

Please help clarify. Thanks

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have lived six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s).

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
beelantana said:
Hello,

Please help clarify

I currently live in Canada and planning to sponsor my spouse who lives in Nigeria and we just got married. I am reading some of the requirements and wondering if i can get some clarification. My husband and i dont have any children or dependents and i am planning to spponsor him alone.

The family information form and Police clearance instructions ask that we submit police clearance for each member of our family over 18. Does this mean my husband has to send police reports for all his siblings as well?

Please help clarify. Thanks

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances from each country in which you and every one in your family aged 18 years or over have lived six months or more since reaching 18 years of age. You must attach the original police document(s).
1- Family members (being sponsored). In this case, only you, the aplicant.
2 - Imm5406, only the applicant fill this one. Keep in mind that the applicant must declare all his siblings.
3 - Same as above.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
DarioxD said:
i applied for extension my stay in canada like a worker, Open work permit, becouse i dont like to be lazy, and i want to start work. One nice woman told me i can do like this. i dont need to apply for visa with a croatian passport, i can be every year in canada 6 mouths. this is my second stay in Canada like a visitor for this period. I sended the application imm5710, including imm5556 check list, with a cover letter giving them copys of the aplication for sponsorship n copys of the bills, cic fees.

anyways i should stay in canada wtahever happends, im confused becouse my visitor visa is exp on 19/11/2015
My point still stands even though Croatia is a non-visa requiring country. If you applied for the OWP pilot programme already you will have what is called implied status. It doesn't matter that your current visitor status will expire in Nov. because you got those documents in before your current status expired.

Again, it's not a great idea for anyone being sponsored inland to leave the country, visa or no visa because if you were refused re-entry for some reason, your application will be cancelled.

Mah7891

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Aquakitty said:
1) They have a tendency to send the application to the VO of your nationality lately at least.

2) What did you put for your mailing address and email? That mailing address is where the final COPR will go to, and if you requested to receive email updates, document requests will be by email. I believe they email both sponsor and spouse if they have further document requests, but not 100% sure on that.

3) Looking at the spreadsheet, I don't think London does AOR 2, I think that is what you are talking about.

You know you can request them to move the application to the Abu Dhabi visa office if you have a good reason. You can send them an email request. I don't know how much longer that would add to your processing time however, if they approve it.
Dear Aquakitty

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have mentioned all my mailing addresses for Saudi Arabia only. I was just confused because they sent the file to LVO rather than Abu Dhabi. My husband received all correspondence via emails only, and they only emailed him for his part. and Canuck is right, they do not transfer applications.
I guess I just have to wait, i hope LVO doesn't take as much time they mention on the website.

HIFAN

Mar 20, 2013
Hi....

CIC asked me to undergo medical exam, police certificate and pay the PR fee ( note: please do not submit your pasport until your sponsor has paid the RPRF)
I did all that and sent it to cic (with my pasport too), few days later after they received the required document the ecas change to decision made...
How long they will issuing the visa?? does it mean approved??