+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

groobi

Aug 23, 2015
Aquakitty said:
Putting the Japanese address is fine.
Ok I used her Japanese address as her "current address".
Now i'm completing #12 of the form IMM 5481 and I keep getting the error message since my wife is
staying until this November (which is past today's date). Can I just ignore the error message?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Emmjay said:
Hi aqua
Thanks for respoding. Apologies. As i am not aware of the terms Sa And VO. Some more information on it will be great.
SA is sponsor approval.
VO is visa office.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Emmjay said:
Hi aqua
Thanks for respoding. Apologies. As i am not aware of the terms Sa And VO. Some more information on it will be great.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immigration-acronyms-t3007.0.html

Mah7891

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I hope someone can help me as I have a lot of questions to ask.

Firstly I am Pakistani by Nationality but i have been living in Saudi Arabia all my life. and currently as well I live and work in Saudi Arabia.
I got married in February 2015 and my Husband lives in Canada. We started our process in April 2015. and by June 2015 we received confirmation that my husband has been approved for sponsorship and that further my file has been transferred to London Visa Office.

My First question.........is that I believed as I live in Saudi Arabia, my file would transfer to Abu Dhabi Office?

2. Does LVO contact via emails or through post as I am concerned that if they have transferred my file to LVO considering my nationality, will they be contacting as per the address from Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.

3. Does LVO send any confirmation of receipt of application or we just have to wait till they start the process. the Online application status at the moment from my side just says application received and medical results received.

thanks in advance.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Mah7891 said:
Hello Everyone,
I hope someone can help me as I have a lot of questions to ask.

Firstly I am Pakistani by Nationality but i have been living in Saudi Arabia all my life. and currently as well I live and work in Saudi Arabia.
I got married in February 2015 and my Husband lives in Canada. We started our process in April 2015. and by June 2015 we received confirmation that my husband has been approved for sponsorship and that further my file has been transferred to London Visa Office.

My First question.........is that I believed as I live in Saudi Arabia, my file would transfer to Abu Dhabi Office?

2. Does LVO contact via emails or through post as I am concerned that if they have transferred my file to LVO considering my nationality, will they be contacting as per the address from Pakistan or Saudi Arabia.

3. Does LVO send any confirmation of receipt of application or we just have to wait till they start the process. the Online application status at the moment from my side just says application received and medical results received.

thanks in advance.
1) They have a tendency to send the application to the VO of your nationality lately at least.

2) What did you put for your mailing address and email? That mailing address is where the final COPR will go to, and if you requested to receive email updates, document requests will be by email. I believe they email both sponsor and spouse if they have further document requests, but not 100% sure on that.

3) Looking at the spreadsheet, I don't think London does AOR 2, I think that is what you are talking about.

You know you can request them to move the application to the Abu Dhabi visa office if you have a good reason. You can send them an email request. I don't know how much longer that would add to your processing time however, if they approve it.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Aquakitty said:
You know you can request them to move the application to the Abu Dhabi visa office if you have a good reason. You can send them an email request. I don't know how much longer that would add to your processing time however, if they approve it.
CIC doesn't transfer apps at the request of applicants.

groobi

Aug 23, 2015
Dear all,

I'm applying for sponsorship for my Japanese wife who is currently living with me in Canada.
I'm applying for outland. Since she has a work visa and will go back to Japan this November,
we are using her Japanese address for her "current address". But many questions are related
to it and my answers are contradictory (ex. her entry dates to Canada, are you living with someone? etc.)
I'm just gonna say I don't live with her and her current address is in Japan.
Did anybody have the same issue before?

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
That's a hard question to answer since there are so many different countries and ways people go about this, but in some cases people have no choice and have to suffer through the separation and have a long distance relationship. Canadian citizens can be living outside the country when they sponsor, but due to the requirements it is even tougher for PR's who sponsor unfortunately.
I agree, each person has his/her own situation and tolerance. Thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
CIC doesn't transfer apps at the request of applicants.
Well there was a guy on a recent thread who successfully requested an application xfer from Cairo to Abu Dhabi after the app was already in Cairo, unless the guy was lying, it might be possible.

bethanylady

Aug 30, 2015
Hi everybody, hoping you can help me, I forgot to change my status.. I applied my pr as a single then go home for a married and when I came back forgot that I need to update my status, and now I applied for family sponsorship to my husband and it was refused. What should I do, do I need to re-apply or appeal, or CIC will removed my PR. Thanks please reply and help.

DarioxD

Aug 30, 2015
Hi,
im a Croatian citizen. my wife and me got married this year in june. I came in canada as a visitor, she is PR, we already sended the sponsorship aplication inland. my visitor visa is exiring at the edn of november, we also sended a application for teporary resident and work permition. im a litle bit confused about this. should i prepare my self to leave when my visa expires or i can hope that they will respond positive, and give me the teporary work permition based on the sponsorship application, please help me.

I hope my english is not to bad,
thx a lot

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
When adding a newborn as a dependent to the application when sponsor is a PR,

do we need to send anything original.?? like B form or birth certificate, ??

Can we send upfront medical of our child.???

LVO asked us to inform both offices, but later in the email says send application to CPC Mississauga , which office we have to send the original documents..???

My case is 90% done they already sent original documents back, and last email they sent me that a decision is made on the application but it is pending as wife is pregnant and won't be able to travel, so they hold the decision made for now till the baby information is given to them.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
bethanylady said:
Hi everybody, hoping you can help me, I forgot to change my status.. I applied my pr as a single then go home for a married and when I came back forgot that I need to update my status, and now I applied for family sponsorship to my husband and it was refused. What should I do, do I need to re-apply or appeal, or CIC will removed my PR. Thanks please reply and help.
So when you landed as PR, were you single or married? What was the reason given for the refusal? You might be wise to consult a lawyer on this.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
DarioxD said:
Hi,
im a Croatian citizen. my wife and me got married this year in june. I came in canada as a visitor, she is PR, we already sended the sponsorship aplication inland. my visitor visa is exiring at the edn of november, we also sended a application for teporary resident and work permition. im a litle bit confused about this. should i prepare my self to leave when my visa expires or i can hope that they will respond positive, and give me the teporary work permition based on the sponsorship application, please help me.

I hope my english is not to bad,
thx a lot
No, I believe since you applied for PR with legal status, you will have implied status when your current status expires. When you say you applied for work permit, do you mean you sent the application for the OWP pilot programme with your PR application? Then you are fine and have implied status until you get the work permit. If you leave the country you won't be let back in since you won't have a visa, and your app will be cancelled so don't do that whatever you do.

bethanylady

Aug 30, 2015
Aquakitty said:
So when you landed as PR, were you single or married? What was the reason given for the refusal? You might be wise to consult a lawyer on this.
Hi Aquakitty, when I applied my PR started 2011-2013, cause Im still waiting for my marriage license so I didn't report immediately and all of a sudden my PR approved already and I was so excited to get my PR card and failed to update my status. Is there any here of you guys, order to remove PR cause of failure of updating status?