Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Spousal sponsorship from abroad

Hi i have been residing abroad since 10 years nd i recently got married, i and my husband want to nw live in canada the reason i was abroad was due to my parents nd then my education i recently graduated as a dentist. I applied for odd job and hav received a job offer as currently i cnt practice as dentist i am appearing for few exam which ill attach as from of my intension to return back so so u think a job offer nd registration for exams to b a dentist in canada is enough as a prove!?
And the job offer i hav received does it has to be sign by me? Cause i intend to move back with my husband and if i sign the job offer mean i hav to b there on given time weather my husband hav got the pr or not ao im confused.
Thank you

indiavisa

Apr 2, 2014
Hello Everyone!!!

I am an indian citizen(girl) soon going to marry a Indian boy with Canadian PR.I have known the guy for more than 10 years,went same school.What is the shortest procedure to get spouse visa as we want to stay together after marriage.Currently,spouse visa applications take 12 months and in case,I apply for spouse visa I will have to wait for long time.Also, TRV applications are rejected for spouse.So my query is what is the best possible way to apply for visa to reach there immediately after marriage?FYI,the marriage is going to be held in India.Please,help me out.
Should I
-Apply for a course in canada before marriage from India and get student visa and then go there(Canada) and apply for spouse visa?(Inland application)But in that case inland applications take even longer, or

-Apply for student visa from India for some course in Canada ,then immediately after marriage apply for spouse visa from India(Outland application) and go there on student visa.By the time my spouse visa is processed I will be in canada on student visa so we can stay together.In this case is it fine for a person holding student visa to apply for spouse visa within a span of few month? or I should

-Apply for student visa after marriage and go there on student visa and then again after month of staying apply for spouse visa after marrying in Canada.

The reason I am stressing on student visa after or before marriage is because if I state in my student visa that I am married to someone with canadian PR,they might be interested in knowing why I am not directly going for spouse visa.Well, the only reason for all this complications is the fact that sponsoring take more than a year and I dont want to stay away for so long.We have already been away from each other for studies and career reasons so dnt want to wait for a year.

I know my query is too long Grin But m so confused and stressed Shocked Thank you in advance

Regards,
Indianvisa

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
waitingforlife said:
Thanks for answering Miles away. I am flying from calgary to Las Vegas and will be coming back from Los Angeles to calgary. What's a PRTD and COPR? and where can I get them? Thanks again.
If you are planning on landing as a PR in a week, you should already have your COPR, that's your confirmation of Permanent Residence.

A PRTD is a permanent resident travel document, which you would need to apply for at the nearest consulate, outside of Canada. Processing time is 30 days, or rather, minimum 30 days.

indiavisa

Apr 2, 2014
Hello Everyone!!!

I am an indian citizen(girl) soon going to marry a Indian boy with Canadian PR.I have known the guy for more than 10 years,went same school.What is the shortest procedure to get spouse visa as we want to stay together after marriage.Currently,spouse visa applications take 12 months and in case,I apply for spouse visa I will have to wait for long time.Also, TRV applications are rejected for spouse.So my query is what is the best possible way to apply for visa to reach there immediately after marriage?FYI,the marriage is going to be held in India.Please,help me out.
Should I
-Apply for a course in canada before marriage from India and get student visa and then go there(Canada) and apply for spouse visa?(Inland application)But in that case inland applications take even longer, or

-Apply for student visa from India for some course in Canada ,then immediately after marriage apply for spouse visa from India(Outland application) and go there on student visa.By the time my spouse visa is processed I will be in canada on student visa so we can stay together.In this case is it fine for a person holding student visa to apply for spouse visa within a span of few month? or I should

-Apply for student visa after marriage and go there on student visa and then again after month of staying apply for spouse visa after marrying in Canada.

The reason I am stressing on student visa after or before marriage is because if I state in my student visa that I am married to someone with canadian PR,they might be interested in knowing why I am not directly going for spouse visa.Well, the only reason for all this complications is the fact that sponsoring take more than a year and I dont want to stay away for so long.We have already been away from each other for studies and career reasons so dnt want to wait for a year.

I know my query is too long Grin But m so confused and stressed Shocked Thank you in advance

Regards,
Indianvisa

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship from abroad

Doc123 said:
Hi i have been residing abroad since 10 years nd i recently got married, i and my husband want to nw live in canada the reason i was abroad was due to my parents nd then my education i recently graduated as a dentist. I applied for odd job and hav received a job offer as currently i cnt practice as dentist i am appearing for few exam which ill attach as from of my intension to return back so so u think a job offer nd registration for exams to b a dentist in canada is enough as a prove!?
And the job offer i hav received does it has to be sign by me? Cause i intend to move back with my husband and if i sign the job offer mean i hav to b there on given time weather my husband hav got the pr or not ao im confused.
Thank you
Please clarify.
1) Are you a PR or a Canadian citizen?
2) If you are a PR, how old are you now and do you meet the Residency Obligation?
3) Are you intending to sponsor your husband or could he be eligible for PR on his own?

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Doc123 said:
Hi my name is Dr.farah
have been residing abroad since 10 years nd i recently got married, i and my husband want to nw live in canada the reason i was abroad was due to my parents nd then my education i recently graduated as a dentist. I applied for odd job and hav received a job offer as currently i cnt practice as dentist i am appearing for few exam which ill attach as from of my intension to return back so so u think a job offer nd registration for exams to b a dentist in canada is enough as a prove!?
Thank you
I am 26 now and i am going to sponsor him as he tried to apply for pr years ago primarily it took the immigration office 6 yr to review his file nd then secondly they refused his application under skill category by only 3 points i am canadian

I am a canadian citizen
And i would like to return above are my concerns if u can help me out

waitingforlife

Mar 12, 2014
MilesAway said:
If you are planning on landing as a PR in a week, you should already have your COPR, that's your confirmation of Permanent Residence.

A PRTD is a permanent resident travel document, which you would need to apply for at the nearest consulate, outside of Canada. Processing time is 30 days, or rather, minimum 30 days.

Can I just use my COPR as my travel document to enter Canada again? Because our US trip is only 10 days. I wont be able to get the PRTD if ever during that time. Thanks so much.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Doc123 said:
I am 26 now and i am going to sponsor him as he tried to apply for pr years ago primarily it took the immigration office 6 yr to review his file nd then secondly they refused his application under skill category by only 3 points i am canadian

I am a canadian citizen
And i would like to return above are my concerns if u can help me out
A job offer is good evidence that you intend to return. Also, if you can show any support from family and friends in Canada, such as letters offering to accommodate you for a period after you return. Evidence that you have been researching property is also good.

The "intend to return" requirement is very subjective and it is up to you to convince the Visa Officer that this is your plan. A letter detailing your efforts and a plan for the future in Canada is a good idea. My wife (Canadian sponsor) had a letter from her parents and wrote a letter showing her plans. That was sufficient to get her sponsor approval.

You DON'T have to return to Canada before the sponsorship is complete, if you don't want to. You only need to show that you will do once PR is granted.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
waitingforlife said:
Can I just use my COPR as my travel document to enter Canada again? Because our US trip is only 10 days. I wont be able to get the PRTD if ever during that time. Thanks so much.
The COPR is only good if you are travelling via private transport. If you intend to use a commercial carrier of any sort, you will require a PRTD or PR card, unless you are visa-exempt to Canada as a visitor.

waitingforlife

Mar 12, 2014
zardoz said:
The COPR is only good if you are travelling via private transport. If you intend to use a commercial carrier of any sort, you will require a PRTD or PR card, unless you are visa-exempt to Canada as a visitor.
Oh no! Thanks so much!

waitingforlife

Mar 12, 2014
waitingforlife said:
the thing is, I need a visa to enter canada again (visa-requiring passport).. and we will be flying from US to Canada.. =(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
waitingforlife said:
the thing is, I need a visa to enter canada again (visa-requiring passport).. and we will be flying from US to Canada.. =(
In that case, you really only have the options I gave.
There is however a third, rather obvious, option... Don't make the trip.

waitingforlife

Mar 12, 2014
zardoz said:
In that case, you really only have the options I gave.
There is however a third, rather obvious, option... Don't make the trip.
I know... Thanks for your inputs. Im really at a lost... the situation is funny i think, after 10 years... hehe. But right now, this all too weird.

shward6

Apr 1, 2014
Hi Everyone! I'm new to the board and hoping that someone can shed some light on how best for me to proceed with my spousal sponsorship. I am a Canadian citizen and my boyfriend is South Korean. We've been together for just over four years. (I'm 29 y/o and he is 32 y/o) I was living in Seoul when we met and moved back to Toronto about a year and a half ago to get myself re-established (work-wise), save money and find a place to live before he moves here to join me. I have a steady job right now so we're planning on him coming to Canada this summer. At that time, we'll get married and apply for the spousal visa. Currently, South Koreans can stay in Canada for up to 6 months without a visitor's visa but I've been told that my boyfriend could have difficulty getting through customs if he specifies his intention to marry while in Canada BUT if he doesn't specify his intention to marry then this could come to be viewed as a potential red flag if it is discovered in the application process. It appears that the processing times in Manilla (outland) are shorter than processing times here. (inland) Does it make sense for my boyfriend to come here, get married and then apply outland? Or should we apply inland? Any advice would be most appreciated!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
waitingforlife said:
I know... Thanks for your inputs. Im really at a lost... the situation is funny i think, after 10 years... hehe. But right now, this all too weird.
Actually, there is another option... It's a little more complicated, but it might work for you.

Don't land on the 8th. Travel in on your visitor visa. Then travel to the USA. Return to Canada on your IM-1 immigration visa. Land when you arrive back in Canada.