Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
20-JUNE-2013 REACED NEW DELHI ON 27-JUNE-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
Lol thats what i m saying if its sooo important thn ther has to be some way to get it on easier track... No one wants to live near such things or even situation... But whn u provide thm pcc or pvc wid the stamp of ur commisioner i guess they shud believe that n not go for further grounds on it... Other documents which shud be given to them shud be notarised and shud be red sealed n that can be done by an advocate who is practising for more thn 10 years... They have all ur records evn if u want to verify the document...

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Harshiddhi005 said:
Lol thats what i m saying if its sooo important thn ther has to be some way to get it on easier track... No one wants to live near such things or even situation... But whn u provide thm pcc or pvc wid the stamp of ur commisioner i guess they shud believe that n not go for further grounds on it... Other documents which shud be given to them shud be notarised and shud be red sealed n that can be done by an advocate who is practising for more thn 10 years... They have all ur records evn if u want to verify the document...
Do you have to pay for typing vowels?

In some countries it is very easy to aquire forged documents so there are more stringient requirements from one country to the next. I agree that if you have provided them with all the requirements stated on the checklist then it should be pretty easy to render a decision.

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
THANX A LOT TO ALL WHO HELPED HELLO EVERYONE
I want to share something wid u all...

:Background & Security ChecksNote: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts: 1. The Standard Documentation Checks, 2. The Security & Criminality Checks.Standard Documentation Checks: Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc. The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview. -Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'. -Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months). -eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'. *The older system has a queue, thus can be longer. Security & Criminality Checks: A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. -Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR. -Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds] -eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside. *Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different. ...The Process in a Nutshell:Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

sirah90

Apr 15, 2013
Hi All,

I've been on student visa in Canada as an international student since 2008 and still have my student permit valid till end of 2014.I recently got married to my girlfriend in Canada who is a Canadian citizen. She wants to sponsor me for PR. When and how can she apply for it and how long does the process take ?

Please help as we have no idea how to go about this.

Thanks.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Songa said:
Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank all of you who post some usefull information and keeping this forum active.

I am relatively new to this forum and I need your expert advice and suggestion.

I am a Canadian PR and i m currently working and residing in Canada since Jan 2013..
I recently got married to my girlfriend in April 2013 (outside of canada)..

When I applied for my Canadian PR ( ie in 2011) i didnot include my girlfriend's details in my application. We were not living togather .. we just know each other for the past 2 years or so and we went out for dating a couple of times but we never stayed togather..

Now I wish to submit the application under family class for my wife( my girlfriend whom I married recently).. Since I didnot declare her details at the time when I applied for my Canadian PR does it affect her applicaton now?

Please advise

Appreciate your suggestion..

Thanks a lot..
No this won't pose a problem. You only would have had to declare her if you were married at the time of landing/applying or if you were common law (had lived together for more than 1 year continuously) which you were neither, so no worries! This won't cause any problems for you.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Do you have to pay for typing vowels?

In some countries it is very easy to aquire forged documents so there are more stringient requirements from one country to the next. I agree that if you have provided them with all the requirements stated on the checklist then it should be pretty easy to render a decision.
I'm done feeding the trolls.

OPJS

Sep 7, 2009
Re: Any Advice? Any advise on spousal sponsorship

Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anybody can help with some advise.

I am a Canadian citizen, but lived in UK where I got married to British citizen for the past 7 years. I recently permanently moved back to Canada as I am 5 months pregnant with our 1st child to be closer to my family. The plan was to get spousal sponsorship for my husband, but would there be any issues as I haven’t been working here in Canada and will be unemployed till my baby is born, can I still apply?
We both been working in UK and have small savings to use here in Canada to start with, but it’s going pretty fast with the baby on a way. My family is taking us in till we get on our feet.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Kind regards

Olga

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Any Advice? Any advise on spousal sponsorship

OPJS said:
Hi everyone, just wanted to see if anybody can help with some advise.

I am a Canadian citizen, but lived in UK where I got married to British citizen for the past 7 years. I recently permanently moved back to Canada as I am 5 months pregnant with our 1st child to be closer to my family. The plan was to get spousal sponsorship for my husband, but would there be any issues as I haven't been working here in Canada and will be unemployed till my baby is born, can I still apply?
We both been working in UK and have small savings to use here in Canada to start with, but it's going pretty fast with the baby on a way. My family is taking us in till we get on our feet.

Many thanks for your help in advance

Kind regards

Olga
They will consider the earning ability of both of you - it doesn't JUST fall on the sponsor. So if your husband has viable job skills in Canada, it is likely you will be approved.

I've seen stay-at-home partners sponsor successfully.

OPJS

Sep 7, 2009
They will consider the earning ability of both of you - it doesn't JUST fall on the sponsor. So if your husband has viable job skills in Canada, it is likely you will be approved.

I've seen stay-at-home partners sponsor successfully.

Thanks for the reply. When you say they will consider earning ability of both of us, what does that mean and how do we prove that (bank statements from our previous jobs in UK?). There is no language barrier if that plays a role as well as he has university degree and I graduated from college here in Canada. His work experience was in management in UK, so not sure how valid it is in Canada....

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
You can get a letter from your family saying to Vegreville that they'll assist u both until you're able to get on your feet; that's after your baby is born. You could also send in your pay stubs and ur tax docs from the UK and they'll consider it. Immigration doesn't give a damn what u do for a living.eThey just only require that you are not on welfare

OPJS

Sep 7, 2009
Thank you.
Should we be looking at anywhere between 8-12 months for the application to be processed if we do it with in Canada?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sirah90 said:
Hi All,

I've been on student visa in Canada as an international student since 2008 and still have my student permit valid till end of 2014.I recently got married to my girlfriend in Canada who is a Canadian citizen. She wants to sponsor me for PR. When and how can she apply for it and how long does the process take ?

Please help as we have no idea how to go about this.

Thanks.
The process varies depending on which visa office you use.

You should start by reading the first post in this thread. You'll need to decide how to apply (Inland or Outland - you can do both from inside Canada), then we can point you towards the correct application forms.

You can look at processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

You can submit the application as soon as it's ready to go. There is no waiting period. You'll need to get the marriage certificate as well as police clearances and a medical in many cases. I find it takes most people 2-3 months to get their application ready - sometimes more if the police clearances take a while to come in.

So:
- Decide whether Inland or Outland (There are tons of Inland versus Outland threads, you can search for them to read up, read Leon's post, or ask us if you can't find the information you need).
- Let us know along with your home country/Visa Office is you apply Outland

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does changing the address online using CIC website's change of address link (in ECAS) forfeits our ability to check the status any further?

I saw another forum member say that and I got confused. I would like to change the address as well as e-mail address. What is the best way to do these?

I am sponsoring my spouse from out-land. Stage 1 approval is done 6 months ago. I have my spouse's UCI & File#.

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
is this compulsion to stay at the address u have given in application til u get ur visas??? i m staying with my parents in my birth city as my mom is not well trying to help her and my address in the application is of my husband's city... what to do??? usually all say after ppr u should stay at the address you have given in application...

miamore_lili

Apr 12, 2013
Hi

I want to apply for my boyfriend with whom I have been living for 1 year. We have been dating for 4 years and moved in last year as I said in my previous post. I have a few concerns which makes me hesitant to apply...

1- My boyfriend applied twice for PR - once for Canadian Experience and once for Federal Skill Worker. He got rejected both because they did not accept his work experience.

2- We are Iranian and in our culture Common-law and moving in does not exist!!!

I am afraid because of the reasons above they say our relationship is not genuine and for convenience purposes. But we have all sorts of evidence-shared lease, joint credit card, joint car insurance, beneficiary in my life insurance, same address on CRA records, and I can get letters from my friends and family. Also we have bought a residence together.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone been refused based on the concerns I have mentioned? Do you think it is a good idea for us just to get married and then apply?

Thanks