10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
Leon said:
GCMS is replacing CAIPS but as it is fairly new, I have not found any guides on it yet.
Thank you very much leon..

Material

Feb 16, 2011
jimmy_kallarackal said:
Ok i got it the stamp which i get on the passport if just pr visa and not the pr card i would receive the same only after landing. Thanks.

But now as i have sent my passport for stamping as i recieve the same with stamp.. can i marry after that and inform the embassy that i have married and then move ahead with my landing process??

My problem is once i move to canada i dont want to return back for marriage, i want to marry and go and what's the best way for doing the same?

Is court marriage ok or they demand ritual church marriage with photographs?

All this things are really complicated and agents do misguide a lot on these..
Than your best option is to get married and inform the visa office so that they can add your wife this will add time , but will save you from going back to your country.

No you cant proceed with the landing until you inform the visa office that your married after that they will issue a new visa for u and your wife once accepted.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Thanks a lot for your suggestion and saving from deep troubles.

I think i would go for marriage now and inform the embassy that's the best solution what i feel.

My question is.

1. Is marriage certificate from court enough or do we have to submit more documents?
2. As i have already send my passport and if i receive the same with pr stamp its ok to send it back to the embassy informing them about marriage?

Hope there are no risks of pr getting cancelled as agent informs?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to stop them from sending you the PR visa, you might want to inform them right now that you are about to get married and want to add your wife to your application and to please hold off on your visa until you do. I suppose that a certificate from court is enough. You will need to go through all the application forms again that will change when you marry and your wife will have to fill out all her background information etc.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Ok thanks a lot leon for your suggestion and god bless you for the great work that you are doing.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Ok thanks leon i understood the process..

and if i want pr right now i should let the process go on land in canada and then return back to india in a month or so and then get married and then return back to canada and start sponsorship process... hope there is no time limit to my stay if after landing in canada i return to india for marriage and i hope that i can stay atleast for a month in india for marriage ceremony??

Hope i am correct..

Material

Feb 16, 2011
jimmy_kallarackal said:
Ok thanks leon i understood the process..

and if i want pr right now i should let the process go on land in canada and then return back to india in a month or so and then get married and then return back to canada and start sponsorship process... hope there is no time limit to my stay if after landing in canada i return to india for marriage and i hope that i can stay atleast for a month in india for marriage ceremony??

Hope i am correct..
There is no problem with doing that just make sure you recieve the PR card before you leave for india.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Ok i will leave with the pr card, but after that if my marriage proceedure takes a month or two its fine i hope and i will be allowed to renter canada with that pr card after two months??.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions..

Material

Feb 16, 2011
jimmy_kallarackal said:
Ok i will leave with the pr card, but after that if my marriage proceedure takes a month or two its fine i hope and i will be allowed to renter canada with that pr card after two months??.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions..
yeah thats fine ...u will have no problems entering Canada with ur PR card.

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
Thanks a lot for clearing all doubts and misconception which i had...

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
Is it normal not to hear from cpc Mississauga that your application has been received? It's been about 10 days and I was hoping they would let us know that it arrived safely! The waiting really sucks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
malawi said:
Is it normal not to hear from cpc Mississauga that your application has been received? It's been about 10 days and I was hoping they would let us know that it arrived safely! The waiting really sucks!
Yes - that's normal. They won't confirm that your application has been received. The first communication you'll have from them is a letter to the sponsor about 5-6 weeks after the application has been received confirming they have been approved to sponsor the applicant. Hope this helps!

jimmy_kallarackal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 29 2010
Med's Request
March-16-2011
Med's Done....
April-18-2011
Passport Req..
18-May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-June-2011
LANDED..........
27-Oct-2011
I am from india i have received pr visa, but not yet landed.

1. Is it ok if i marry right now in my home country and inform the embassy that i am married and then i alone leave for landing into canada and sponsor my wife once i land immediately.
2. Can i start the process on the first day of landing ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy_kallarackal said:
I am from india i have received pr visa, but not yet landed.

1. Is it ok if i marry right now in my home country and inform the embassy that i am married and then i alone leave for landing into canada and sponsor my wife once i land immediately.
2. Can i start the process on the first day of landing ?
No, that is not ok and you have already been told that is not ok. If you get married before landing, your PR visa becomes invalid because your family composition has changed. If you inform the embassy that you got married, they will tell you that your PR visa is now invalid and will advise you to send your passport back to them as well as immigration forms for your wife and her fees. She will then be added to your application and new PR visas will be issued for you both.

If you do not inform them that you got married and just land with your visa, you will have committed misrepresentation by landing on a visa you got when you were single when you are at the time of landing already married. Immigration can then revoke your PR if they want to. Maybe they will let you keep it but you will never be able to sponsor your wife.

If you want to keep both your PR and wife, you have 2 options. Either you marry now and add your wife to your application so you can both go to Canada as PR together OR you land first, then come back and get married, then go back to Canada and sponsor.