Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
computergeek said:
That's why I hedged - there are always some unusual situations.

Good luck with the application!
Thanks - there's really not any clear guidance for people in our situation (the online tool says they might be, and various FAQs don't provide a crystal clear answer), but in the end I thought a rejection letter from CIC stating that the kids are citizens and therefore don't need to be sponsored would be infinitely more useful (say, when trying to register them for school) than a rejection letter for a citizenship certificate that would say that I need to sponsor the kids (and go through this process after getting rejected for a citizenship certificate). If they are rejected because CIC determines they are already citizens, hopefully my wife would still be approved, and we could just apply for citizenship certificates for the kids. And if they are approved, the plan is to apply for citizenship for the kids as soon as we arrive, because as PR kids of a Canadian parent they should be immediately eligible to apply after landing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Leon said:
Similar thing happened to my cousin. PR for 40 years or something, still didn't stop him getting deported.
You will need a lawyer for this and you may need to wait until you can apply to be pardoned and you may need an ARC. You can read about ARC's here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

When you have it cleared up that you may return to Canada again, your fiancee can sponsor you but only if you are common law partners or married. I am not sure if a common law is accepted if you have at that point not lived together for some time but you could marry her either by inviting her to the UK or meeting her in the US. You could also look into bringing her and the children to the UK.
Leon has given you good advice.

If / when it comes time for your wife to sponsor you, she will have to stop accepting welfare and stay off welfare while your application is being processed. To qualify as a sponsor - she cannot be on welfare.

toronto07

Star Member
Nov 18, 2012
Hi friends, I am new to this forum and need your help.
Me and my wife were in Canada till recently, having worked in Canada for over 3 years in last 5 years (as GATS intra company tranferee). I got married in April this year and my wife joined me on visitor visa (accompanying spouse). In July I applied for my work permit extension and my wife's visitor record extension for 6 months. CIC extended my work permit for an year till August 2013 which was my passport expiry date. My wife's visitor record was also extended to match my work permit dates. In the mean time I got my passport renewed in Toronto in October. Since I had completed my 2 years I applied for my PR in November and my Credit Card also got charged in Nov end.

Due to some urgent situation at my home, i had to travel out of Canada for two weeks. I have applied for TRV for both me and my wife and its already 8 days since the application is in process. The wait and suspense is really stressing me out.

Need your help in helping me understand how strong is my case to get the TRV for both me and my wife. My TRV application is backed by my company's letter. In fact my company has applied for intra company transferee. Will I be able to get TRV? I have read that CIC may refuse TRV if there is a PR application is inprocess. But thats kind of weird as on one hand I am being encouraged to apply for PR CEC and on the other hand my TRV may get refused.

Thanks for all your help

Thanks

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Seniors

My sister needs help badly. A couple years back , she met a guy , got engaged, sponsored him, he got his PR a few months back, moved there. Yesterday I found out that he is mistreating her , not coming home till late, fooled her and got most of her savings, ...

She wants to get divorced but she is scared since he's threatened her not to tell anyone .
I'm really confused as the guy is a low life, dangerous azhole.

Could she by any chance report him to cic? Are they able to remove 'em from Canada?

PLEASE HELP US , we are really stressed out

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mehdiR said:
Dear Seniors

My sister needs help badly. A couple years back , she met a guy , got engaged, sponsored him, he got his PR a few months back, moved there. Yesterday I found out that he is mistreating her , not coming home till late, fooled her and got most of her savings, ...

She wants to get divorced but she is scared since he's threatened her not to tell anyone .

Could she by any chance report him to cic? Are they able to remove 'em from Canada?

She can report him to CIC - but chances are they won't remove him from Canada.

She should see a lawyer and start the divorce proceedings now. If he's been threatening her she also needs to go to the police and report him immediately, kick him out of the house and change the locks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
toronto07 said:
Me and my wife were in Canada till recently, having worked in Canada for over 3 years in last 5 years (as GATS intra company tranferee). I got married in April this year and my wife joined me on visitor visa (accompanying spouse). In July I applied for my work permit extension and my wife's visitor record extension for 6 months. CIC extended my work permit for an year till August 2013 which was my passport expiry date. My wife's visitor record was also extended to match my work permit dates. In the mean time I got my passport renewed in Toronto in October. Since I had completed my 2 years I applied for my PR in November and my Credit Card also got charged in Nov end.
You should post your question to the Foreign Worker section of this forum.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
aNYONE knows if its positive if file goes in process couple of days after interview??please share your opinion

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Shiny88 said:
aNYONE knows if its positive if file goes in process couple of days after interview??please share your opinion
Yes it can.
As my husband had interview Dec 13/12 and today it said the application was in process.
Hope this helps Insha Allah.......

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehdiR said:
Dear Seniors

If he has committed any crimes for which he has been (or can be) charged, then there's a good chance he can have his PR revoked and be deported, because he's not a citizen yet.

If your sister is in fear of him, you need to tell her to do he following, in this exact order:

1) leave the house and move in temporarily with a friend or relative if possible
2) go to her local police department and report anything he has done to her if it's an indictable offense
3) apply for a restraining order against him (assuming there are valid reasons for issuing one)
4) go see a divorce lawyer and get the process started

Depending on the circumstances, it may or may not be possible to have him deported, but it's definitely possible for your sister to stop wasting even one more minute of her life with that kind of a loser.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
micmac101 said:
Yes it can.
As my husband had interview Dec 13/12 and today it said the application was in process.
Hope this helps Insha Allah.......
I read your earlier post and your husband has been approved ,congrats , they didnt tell anything to my hubby after interview just said to wait for the email. Inshallah we will receive remedand ppr request next coming day.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
toronto07 said:

Due to some urgent situation at my home, i had to travel out of Canada for two weeks. I have applied for TRV for both me and my wife and its already 8 days since the application is in process. The wait and suspense is really stressing me out.

Need your help in helping me understand how strong is my case to get the TRV for both me and my wife. My TRV application is backed by my company's letter. In fact my company has applied for intra company transferee. Will I be able to get TRV? I have read that CIC may refuse TRV if there is a PR application is inprocess. But thats kind of weird as on one hand I am being encouraged to apply for PR CEC and on the other hand my TRV may get refused.

Thanks for all your help

Thanks
You have a valid work permit, so the TRV would normally not be an issue for you. However, it does take several weeks for CPP-O to process a TRV application such as yours.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mehdiR said:
Dear Seniors

If he has threatened her, he has committed a criminal offence against here. If he acts upon his threats in any way, he will be subject to criminal prosecution - and the government is quite happy to deport PRs for serious criminality these days. Just reporting him to CIC is unlikely to result in any action.

She needs to get herself out of that situation NOW. She is in an abusive relationship, she should seek help with a women's shelter or other organization that offers assistance to abused women. Further, they can help her find an attorney so that she may get a divorce. If there is actual evidence of his infidelity, she does not need to wait to file - she can file now.

Don't worry about getting him, worry about protecting her. That's the # 1 goal at this point.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shiny88 said:
If the decision were negative, it would have gone to decision made.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
shanmba1174 said:
I have some questions regarding Stage 2.

1) I belong to visa exempt country (U.S.A) , Do they process it in Ottawa or send the file to Los angeles ?
It may be processed either in Ottawa or at an office in the US.

shanmba1174 said:
2) Since i took my medical in June 2012 -- do i need to take medical exam again ?
Not likely, but if it is necessary they will ask you to repeat it. More likely is that they would extend your medical by a year.

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
My husband and I were in a long distance relationship for over eight years. When my parents finally agreed to let me marry him, I went to UK and got married. I know this sounds like a red flag so my concern is how to explain to the VO that the reason for the short trip is because:

1. my parents did not allow me to stay for too long. It was a condition that I return immediately and apply for him to come here.
2. I had to return to work and only had one week vacation.
3. Most importantly, even if I knew him for 8 years, we would not be living together unless we were married, so I couldn't really travel and live with him unless I was getting married first.

Does this sound like a red flag considering we met after so many years only to end up staying together for 4 days? I don't know how to explain to the VO that we couldn't live together without the bond of marriage and that I wanted to return so I can apply for him right away

Guys please help.... What should I say to the VO that will sound more convincing and less confusing