canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
razor787 said:
So what would you suggest I put? The poster above had a good reason of religious beliefs. My case is different. We simply want to have a real wedding with both families present. And don't want to shock them by saying we are already married.

To me, I feel like they would think we only got married in order to make the application.

I want to do this the best way possible, and don't want to lie. But I am worried that telling them this will make us seem like a fake marriage.
IRCC will not just look at this one fact and determine "Marriage of Convenience". They will look at all of the evidence as a whole. You haven't said much about your relationship (how you met, how long together, online or in person, age difference, language compatibility etc.) so I can't evaluate the situation very much, but the fact that you are currently living with her in Russia is pretty major. The fact that both families are aware of the relationship, if not the marriage, is also major. Unless you have some other red flags, I think your app would be fine if you just explain the situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Kristin2015 said:
The question is the following, we are thinking of going on vacation but we do not know if I have to do some procedure to change the category of my visa or with which I have and the work permit that expires until 2018 I will be able to enter Canada
You are not required to change the category of your TRV.

Note that entry to Canada is never guaranteed, so no one here can say for sure you will be able to enter.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Bri011 said:
Do we have to live together for one year?

Could we apply for sponsorship under conjugal relationship in June cause I waited in Austria for my working holiday visa before I came to Canada?

Would this be enough?I just want to keep working with an open work permit and I would hate to wait for a visa and get stuck waiting
You must either be married or live together continuously for one year.

No, you most definitely do not qualify as conjugal. There are no legal/immigration barriers preventing you from marrying or living together.

If you started living together Aug 2016, you will be common-law Aug 2017. You can apply to change your status to visitor prior to your IEC permit expiring so you can stay to become common-law and get the app submitted. You can apply for sponsorship inland with an OWP app, which will be granted about 4 months after applying. Note that you would not be able to continue working once your IEC permit expires; you would need to wait for the OWP to be approved.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
razor787 said:
For number one, we are staying in an apartment owned by my wife's mother. The mother doesn't live with us, but it's owned by her. Because of this, we haven't been under a rental agreement.

For the third, I think we can do this, but I'm not entirely sure...

Do I need to show an extended period of time for this (several months in the past) or just that we are currently living together? Does anyone even know if this would qualify under the 3rd one? It's a government paperwork that will have an official stamp, so I assume it should be sufficient.

Also, do the two pieces of ID need to be the same, or can they be two different pieces? For example I show registration, she shows a passport.
1. Draw up a simple lease with her mother.

2. That sounds fine. It doesn't need to show an extended period of time and the IDs don't need to be the same. Do you have any other sort of official mail that you have received there?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Wenliying said:
I'm new here. My husband sponsored me inland and I submitted application on Nov 29, and on Dec 12 CIC responded me that they recived my application and start to process it.
Today I received email from CIC says, if my status changed I must report to IRCC. Now my study permit is expired, and I'm not attending any schools. What if I report to IRCC, say that my status is expired, will it affect to my application? Do you have any Good suggestions? Thank you so much for your help!
Did you include an Open Work Permit app with your inland sponsorship app?

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
IRCC will not just look at this one fact and determine "Marriage of Convenience". They will look at all of the evidence as a whole. You haven't said much about your relationship (how you met, how long together, online or in person, age difference, language compatibility etc.) so I can't evaluate the situation very much, but the fact that you are currently living with her in Russia is pretty major. The fact that both families are aware of the relationship, if not the marriage, is also major. Unless you have some other red flags, I think your app would be fine if you just explain the situation.
We meet online in early 2014. Talked a lot and then a few months later we made a trip to Europe together, where we feel in love.

We decided to move in together, and a bit down the road we got married.

She came to Canada to visit me last year for a couple weeks. And this year we took a trip to Canada together for two weeks.

So we have known easier for around 3 years, and been in an official relationship for coming up to a year and a half.

canuck_in_uk said:
1. Draw up a simple lease with her mother.

2. That sounds fine. It doesn't need to show an extended period of time and the IDs don't need to be the same. Do you have any other sort of official mail that you have received there?
No, I have a work visa here. So I don't think there is any Russian I'd I am able to get.

However I did have to apply for an insurance policy for a couple months of my visa. But it would be excited by this point. Would this expired insurance form be enough, or does it need to be currently valid?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
razor787 said:
No, I have a work visa here. So I don't think there is any Russian I'd I am able to get.

However I did have to apply for an insurance policy for a couple months of my visa. But it would be excited by this point. Would this expired insurance form be enough, or does it need to be currently valid?
Not ID. Mail. Bank statements? Payslips? Government mail?

The expired insurance form is fine.

nightriderx

Dec 4, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
No, it's not new. People have always been able to apply outland while in Canada. I don't quite understand what kind of info you are looking for. If an interview is required, it would be held at the VO in her home country or possibly a neighbouring country depending on where she is from.

An outland application means that the applicant portion of the app is processed outside of Canada.

Outland is the best option for your situation.
Thx again. I will use Outland(choise #3). My wife live with me in canada
In the new Document IMM0008, since we apply Outland. #10 Current country of Residence
I think we need write Canada, my wife think we need write her home country -.-
someone told her that.. what do you think?

About info i was looking for was difference between inland and outland on the immigration canada website
I read many info but all was random website.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nightriderx said:
Thx again. I will use Outland(choise #3). My wife live with me in canada
In the new Document IMM0008, since we apply Outland. #10 Current country of Residence
I think we need write Canada, my wife think we need write her home country -.-
someone told her that.. what do you think?

About info i was looking for was difference between inland and outland on the immigration canada website
I read many info but all was random website.
Write Canada. There is no need to put her home country. Try not to listen to the "someones" out there who think they know all about this process.

It seems that the only real difference between inland and outland with the new application package is where the app is processed.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Not ID. Mail. Bank statements? Payslips? Government mail?

The expired insurance form is fine.
Never received mail here in Russia, and I don't get payslips from my work. I was told its common in Russia. Never even got mail from the government. However, my wife received a letter from the government about my registration a while back. But I don't think we have the letter any more.

Maybe we can try to open a bank account with both of our names tied to it. Or I can see if I can get some new insurance with my current address on it. Otherwise I will need to make sure I still have my old policy.

razor787

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
I found my insurance... but it doesn't have an address on it. Only my name and passport number. Hopefully my registration showing where I live will be good enough. I can also try to get the bank account for a second piece of evidence.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
razor787 said:
Never received mail here in Russia, and I don't get payslips from my work. I was told its common in Russia. ...
Yes this is common.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Wenliying said:
No, I didn't. But I'm working on it right now.
When did you drop out of school?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
razor787 said:
I found my insurance... but it doesn't have an address on it. Only my name and passport number. Hopefully my registration showing where I live will be good enough. I can also try to get the bank account for a second piece of evidence.
The bank account would be a good idea, it would cover that part of the requirements. Sorry, I am not familiar with Russia and Russian life so I can't give specifics, but in general anything helps, even if you can get a library card or some kind of membership that would send mail to your Russian address, like a discount club or something.