+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sudanese one

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Hi to every one i am new here and i was applied on April 13 2011 they start processing in May 14 2011
they was received my application for permanent residence on May 19, 2011.in Cairo office what next??
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ayad said:
but that would stil help a bit right?
It won't make the process faster.

ischie

May 25, 2011
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2011
AOR Received.
10-11-2011
File Transfer...
10-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-01-2011
Passport Req..
10-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-16-2012
hi,

we got our PPR letter yesterday and included in the documents is appendix B: photograph specification. Does it mean we have to provide photographs again? because in the list of documents they required for us to submit, they didnt say anything about any photos. Please help. Thanks!

miszbaby

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nancync said:
Can Anyone tell me how much time it will take to issue visa after medical is done??? I have applied in January under Spouse category still waiting for my visa... :-[
according to canadian embassy you go na wait 6 to 10 months..you gonna start when they send the papers in manila visa..if your sponsor pay all the amount in january just wait 6 to 10 month..i hope i help you..

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
ischie said:
hi,

we got our PPR letter yesterday and included in the documents is appendix B: photograph specification. Does it mean we have to provide photographs again? because in the list of documents they required for us to submit, they didnt say anything about any photos. Please help. Thanks!
Yes it means you have to send the pics in again...mind you its a different specification for sizes....make sure the ones you get done this time match the specs given with your PPR

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well..if you haven't heard anything yet, that's probably good, 'cause if there was something wrong they would notify you by now..i'm sure you are next in line to be issued a visa!
sudanese one said:
Hi to every one i am new here and i was applied on April 13 2011 they start processing in May 14 2011
they was received my application for permanent residence on May 19, 2011.in Cairo office what next??
thanks

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emadiano said:
hello i'm egyptian :

please can anyone answer me i need help
i got letter from imffgration office in canada said that im applyed and i have done step one. and step two its in the canadian embassy in my country (cairo) egypt,
and i have a number of my file and i dont know what i have to do so if anyone know anything can help in this topic please inform me
Basically, you have been approved and your relatives application for permanent residence has been forwarded to Egypt for further processing. If you have any questions now, you need to contact Egypt Visa office. You should wait a bit before you call them, because they just received your applicaton..and they get mad when you contact them too much. All you can do now is wait patiently...

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudanese one said:
thanks
They are probably doing background checks now and making sure the marriage is legit. If you have any questions, you can email the visa office in Egypt, try not to email them more than once, because they don't like getting numerous inquiries from people and they might get pissed and delay your processing.

Nancync

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
11-02-2011
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
21-02-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
11-01-2012 by phone
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2012
LANDED..........
hopefully...2nd week of feb
this is ma 10th month now, nothing has been updated so far, no ppr, no information from ND, its really pathetic, what to do, whom to approach???

I dint even got replies for my mails whatever i wrote to them, they dint even reply once.

Did anyone got reply of their mails (CSE) from ND?? or In how many dayz they replied??

can anyone tell me..i m really pissed off.. :(

jcruicks

May 13, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
Doc's Request.
10-06-2013
Med's Request
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
10-06-2103
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
Help!!!

I am a Canadian and have just returned to Canada after getting married in Senegal. I havent started sponsoring my husband yet but would like him to apply for a visitor visa so he can come visit me for Christmas. We are both quite young, 25 and so he does not really have any solid reason to prove his return to Senegal after his visit. He has no job because the economy is so bad there etc. If my family, who are very wealthy, send him a letter of invitation and I have 25 letters from friends and family supporting his coming to Canada only for Christmas is there anything that can be done? Any tips on getting a visitor visa when a.) its your spouse and b.) your spouse does not have any ties to his country which would convince an officer? Is there some way around this? I really want him to meet my family and experience a Canadian Christmas. I cannot go to see him at this time because of my job, which does not allow me time off at Christmas. Please any advice!!!!!!!! :(

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Help!!!

jcruicks said:
I am a Canadian and have just returned to Canada after getting married in Senegal. I havent started sponsoring my husband yet but would like him to apply for a visitor visa so he can come visit me for Christmas. We are both quite young, 25 and so he does not really have any solid reason to prove his return to Senegal after his visit. He has no job because the economy is so bad there etc. If my family, who are very wealthy, send him a letter of invitation and I have 25 letters from friends and family supporting his coming to Canada only for Christmas is there anything that can be done? Any tips on getting a visitor visa when a.) its your spouse and b.) your spouse does not have any ties to his country which would convince an officer? Is there some way around this? I really want him to meet my family and experience a Canadian Christmas. I cannot go to see him at this time because of my job, which does not allow me time off at Christmas. Please any advice!!!!!!!! :(
Sorry to say you need to prove that he has ties you also need to prove that he not you can provide for his trip here as they also turn you down if they do not feel you have sufficient $ so with no job and no money there is no way that they would think he would return home it is worth a try as some IO are more lenient but the worse you can get is a no

mapleleafs2011

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
mapleleafs2011 said:
Some questions about "Additional Family Information" IMM 5406E

1. It says Complete ALL names in English and in your native language.
The person filling this out (my wife.) speaks english and her native tongue. Do I have to absolutely fill it out in both languages? She's an American Citizen.

2. In Section A where it says "Spouse or common-law partner"
Does this still apply to me as I'm the one sponsoring her? I don't see why she would have to put me.

Misc questions.

1. Can I just contact the call centre and ask questions about the application form? Or is this a no no? (1-888-242‑2100)

2. How long are processing times nowadays? Is it still around 1 year to get a PR? (American -> To Canada)
Can anyone help me with these?

Also, should I be sending the medical check + FBI check in the initial package or should I be sending it all at once?

THanks!

sudanese one

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
hi every one yesterday i was asked what is next you don't believe that today i received phone call followed by an e mail they ask for my passport to issuing the visa
good luck every body and pray for it

keep it up

lilyy00

Star Member
Sep 11, 2011
sudanese one said:
hi every one yesterday i was asked what is next you don't believe that today i received phone call followed by an e mail they ask for my passport to issuing the visa
good luck every body and pray for it

keep it up
congratulations , my application was sent to cairo visa office in april so i guess they should call me as well :)