Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
Nope.. We didn't have a second request for FBI request. This was just part of the application process. Everything has gone thru okay with our application. We have submitted everything. There's nothing left to submit. But, this waiting period is so long..
You didn't send the FBI check with your original application submission though, that's what Scylla is saying. It's part of the checklist and you are supposed to send it with your application last February. So, your application was delayed. You can request notes to see where they are in your process.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Aquakitty said:
You didn't send the FBI check with your original application submission though, that's what Scylla is saying. It's part of the checklist and you are supposed to send it with your application last February. So, your application was delayed. You can request notes to see where they are in your process.
How do I go about that? Do I send them an e-mail? The last time I sent them an e-mail about our application they replied back and gave us a answer.
We had to obtain a criminal record search from Cuba and that took some time. I sent CIC an e-mail and informed them that wee were in progress of sending them the document and they've received it back in mid December. I'm thinking now beginning of January we should hear from them soon.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Siempreamor said:
How do I go about that? Do I send them an e-mail? The last time I sent them an e-mail about our application they replied back and gave us a answer.
We had to obtain a criminal record search from Cuba and that took some time. I sent CIC an e-mail and informed them that wee were in progress of sending them the document and they've received it back in mid December. I'm thinking now beginning of January we should hear from them soon.
Oh.. Thank you once again for the replies to my messages. It feels re-assuring to hear replies and gives us an idea as to what we need to do.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
Oh.. Thank you once again for the replies to my messages. It feels re-assuring to hear replies and gives us an idea as to what we need to do.
Here you go: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

I believe it takes 30 days to get them. Good luck! I am sure it won't be much longer now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Aquakitty said:
Exactly. You submitted an incomplete application. So CIC has now requested the missing documents which will result in some delays to the processing of your application - and also make it difficult for anyone to guess how long you still have to wait.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
scylla said:
Exactly. You submitted an incomplete application. So CIC has now requested the missing documents which will result in some delays to the processing of your application - and also make it difficult for anyone to guess how long you still have to wait.
I don't believe that's the case. We have the assistance of a representative and have submitted all of our documents accordingly to the deadlines that we have been asked to meet.
I know that this is just beginning of the year, but we submitted our sponsorship application in February of 2015 and it's now almost 11 months.
I wish we were given an answer as to where we are in our application.
Thank you for all the advise you've given me.

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
hi guys can anyone give me an example of the timeline for outland application thanks! we were about to submit our application this week . and is it better to send it via private courier or just use canada post? thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Siempreamor said:
I don't believe that's the case. We have the assistance of a representative and have submitted all of our documents accordingly to the deadlines that we have been asked to meet.
I know that this is just beginning of the year, but we submitted our sponsorship application in February of 2015 and it's now almost 11 months.
IF you submitted your application without the FBI clearance, then it was incomplete. THat also means that your representative did not do their job properly. Applications that are complete upon submission generally do not have any additional requests. Yours was incomplete, which is why you had the requests.

Order your GCMS notes and find out where they are in the process. That's the best way to find out. No one here can give you an exact timeline because we don't work for CIC.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Stephan reily said:
hi guys can anyone give me an example of the timeline for outland application thanks! we were about to submit our application this week . and is it better to send it via private courier or just use canada post? thanks
Without telling us your VO, the answer is anywhere from 5 months to 30 months. As for the way to send it, that's up to you. Most people choose an option that requires a signature.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Siempreamor said:
Agreed with MilesAway. If you submitted your application without the FBI certificate then your application was incomplete and this will have created processing de!ays. Unfortunately it sounds like your consultant didn't know what he was doing. Hopefully you will be done soon.

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
MilesAway said:
Without telling us your VO, the answer is anywhere from 5 months to 30 months. As for the way to send it, that's up to you. Most people choose an option that requires a signature.

Thanks ! our VO is here in the philippines.
would it be an advantage if my husband and my baby is already a PR and it is just me being petitioned?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Stephan reily said:
Thanks ! our VO is here in the philippines.
would it be an advantage if my husband and my baby is already a PR and it is just me being petitioned?
It's not an advantage. In fact, they may take more time to ensure that you were not common-law at the time your spouse became a PR. Check the Manila thread for an idea of the timeline involved. I believe it's about a year.

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
MilesAway said:
It's not an advantage. In fact, they may take more time to ensure that you were not common-law at the time your spouse became a PR. Check the Manila thread for an idea of the timeline involved. I believe it's about a year.
oh i see thank you . is there any tip that you can give me an example of anything that could help us prove that we never lived together?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Siempreamor said:
Well it's not uncommon for many of these 'representatives' to not know what they are doing, especially compared to some of the members here. I've even seen lawyers that were wrong about basic things. After all, the PC requirement is right on the checklist! You can hand in your PC at a later date, but as you see it can delay your application. Every time you have to wait for CIC to request a document, it adds to the processing time. 11 months for a US citizen is longer than usual.

amansidhu87

Dec 23, 2015
Hello Friends,
I applied for my wife from India in March 2015. I have a situation with my wife's application and will like to get some suggestions on how to proceed. My wife had different signature on passport and forms. He signed with her full name (Amandeep kaur)on forms but on her passport she has only First initial and middlname (Akaur). We just noticed it now as we were trying to update the address and I noticed it. Could anyone please let me know how its gonna impact our application? Should I wait till they ask about it or I should send a letter stating the case or an affidavit may be. Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!