Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Where do I find the form I need to fill out and take to the medical exam?

kristel

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2014
AOR Received.
03-01-2015
File Transfer...
& SA: 15-01-2015
Med's Done....
30/08/2014
i am a Filipino but currently a working nurse in Saudi Arabia. my contract will end in Jan 2015. and my husband and i will start the spousal sponsorship as soon as he receives the NBI clearance from the Philippines. maybe this October, he will send the application. i would like to ask if how many months in total to finish the process? and can u tell me which visa office should i put? will it be in Riyadh or Philippines? which one process faster? thank you

khurram19801

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Re: can some one help me i m from pakistan

khurram19801 said:
i am from lahore please help me i am needy
my wife satel in alberta she spounser me in 2011 and my case arrived in 2011 in islamabad
i have sent all realationship proof and my babby born in canada 2007 i did not have seen i still waiting my visa.

when i check my online status all time sow in process

1. application recived in 2011
2. process start in 2014
3. medical result have been recived in 2013 may
4. again remedical assesment after one year may 2014 becoz old medical expired.

and i cheak case status daily (in process)
i to much worried about this all proof have been send even my baby born in canada and my marriege held in 2005 in pakistan and my wife gone in 2007 and she get p r in 2010 and now she sponser me. help me what is the next our realationship is going to panic becoz of delaing immigration thanks reply me
khurram

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
freshman said:
Where do I find the form I need to fill out and take to the medical exam?
Most doctors do the medical electronically and you fill out the information at the office. I recommend you call and go to one that sends everything electronically. However, here is the medical link with all the information. Most doctors office will tell you what to bring. I talked to a few myself before I decided on which one I was going to go to .

Medical exam for permanent residents
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Find a Panel Physician
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Mariac819 said:
If you are in Canada with "visitor status" you cannot list Canada as your residence because you are not residing in Canada you are VISITING. You have to list your home country of residence as your residential address. Also, if you are worried about not being home in your country to receive the mail, you can provide an email address and all correspondence will be done through email

PLUS you cannot have an OUTLAND application while having a Canadian Residence. Then it would be an INLAND application.
this is completely wrong. of course an applicant can have a canadian residence and still apply outland. applying outland has nothing to do with where the person is currently living, it is strictly about where the applicant is from and where their application is being processed. while a person can't apply inland without being in canada, the same isn't true for outland. a person can be INSIDE canada as a visitor, worker or student or OUTSIDE of canada during the outland application process. A person living in canada is not required to apply inland. in fact, the inland guide actually recommends NOT applying inland, and applying outland instead.

an outland applicant can have a canadian mailing address for communication from cic. there is no rule against this. while i agree being a visitor does not mean you are a resident, many people put a canadian address and have no issue what so ever.

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
this is completely wrong. of course an applicant can have a canadian residence and still apply outland. applying outland has nothing to do with where the person is currently living, it is strictly about where the applicant is from and where their application is being processed. while a person can't apply inland without being in canada, the same isn't true for outland. a person can be INSIDE canada as a visitor, worker or student or OUTSIDE of canada during the outland application process. A person living in canada is not required to apply inland. in fact, the inland guide actually recommends NOT applying inland, and applying outland instead.

an outland applicant can have a canadian mailing address for communication from cic. there is no rule against this. while i agree being a visitor does not mean you are a resident, many people put a canadian address and have no issue what so ever.
Thanks for the correction, So glad we have you around :). However quick question, if you are only a visitor how can someone have a residence in Canada? I was under the impression a work permit and a student permit is not the same as a visitor visa.

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Hi All,

We applied twice for my PR as a common law partner but was rejected. :(
Now i just got married and still i haven't change my surname, my husband would like to start the application again.
My question is do you think at this time after getting married it will be easy for me to obtain a VISA?

Please advise what is the best way that we can do

Thank u so much

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
kathkath said:
Hi All,

We applied twice for my PR as a common law partner but was rejected. :(
Now i just got married and still i haven't change my surname, my husband would like to start the application again.
My question is do you think at this time after getting married it will be easy for me to obtain a VISA?

Please advise what is the best way that we can do

Thank u so much
why were you twice rejected? if you're married it doesn't necessarily mean it will be easier to get the visa. however, with common-law applications, you have to prove that you continuously cohabitated for at least 365 days, also submit other various proofs that aren't necessary when you're married (notarized supporting letters from family & friends, bills showing both your names, car insurance on both, each other listed on the other's life insurance, lease agreement with both your names, etc etc). - so if you didn't submit the majority of these proofs, that's maybe why you got rejected i suppose.

it also depends on your VO - some scrutinize you more than others + your full relationship history might be "too short" or "suspicious" in the eyes of CIC, so please give us more information about your situation and we'll be able to help you better.

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Thanks for your reply Cutiepie92

We both leave in Dubai before since 2010, then at 2012 he moved to Qatar as he got an opportunity. then from there he moved to Canada We don't have a joint account before or even properties under our names.
My first application was when he got his Working permit. I applied for OWP as a common law partner then it was rejected as per VO there was not enough evidence.

Second was when he applied for his PR he included me as well with the application. we have submitted our photos, letters, emails, chats, etc... They have sent as a request for our Police Clearance and Medical but then after submitting the said requirements he got an email stating that Removal of ineligible person. VO said that he is not satisfied that there is a conjugal or common law relationship between us.

And now that we are married we are planning to apply again, but then we are worried that i might not get the Visa again.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Mariac819 said:
Thanks for the correction, So glad we have you around :). However quick question, if you are only a visitor how can someone have a residence in Canada? I was under the impression a work permit and a student permit is not the same as a visitor visa.
i am not sure how it works. CIC and CBSA are 2 different agencies, so essentially CIC doesn't care if a person puts a canadian address down for correspondence. also, the application may have 2 different sections: current residence and mailing address. while CBSA may say you aren't a resident when you are visiting, CIC doesn't so much care about the legality of your status and doesn't see it that way, from what i understand.

Also, i think *technically* visitors are actually considered temporary residents. again, i'm still not clear on the logistics of the term. perhaps a senior member can elaborate. bottom line is, it doesn't matter what address an applicant uses for correspondence with CIC. It will not affect their application negatively if they are using a canadian address.

sasing

Sep 23, 2014
Hi I need help, I already sent my application to the for spousal application and I didn't have my certifiacate of police clearance in my application from hongkong coz the officer in hong she want the letter from the immigration. So I have to wait for a letter from them?

ellu

Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

I'm a new member and so appreciate that you have all contributed to making this forum such a research.

I am trying to decide whether to apply from inland or outland right now and wondered if anyone had input.

I'm a US citizen, my common-law partner is a Canadian citizen and I'm currently living here with him in Quebec (although I'm on a visitor visa). Inland makes more sense as we are living together here but I'm worried about leaving the country and losing my status.

Can anyone share their experience with this?

With an inland permanent residency application in process and knowing that I'm from the US and don't need a visitor visa to come to Canada, if we travel with a copy of our application and my passport is there a real chance of being denied access at the border?

Thanks for your help

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Thanks for your reply Cutiepie92

We both leave in Dubai before since 2010, then at 2012 he moved to Qatar as he got an opportunity. then from there he moved to Canada We don't have a joint account before or even properties under our names.
My first application was when he got his Working permit. I applied for OWP as a common law partner then it was rejected as per VO there was not enough evidence.

Second was when he applied for his PR he included me as well with the application. we have submitted our photos, letters, emails, chats, etc... They have sent as a request for our Police Clearance and Medical but then after submitting the said requirements he got an email stating that Removal of ineligible person. VO said that he is not satisfied that there is a conjugal or common law relationship between us.

And now that we are married we are planning to apply again, but then we are worried that i might not get the Visa again.

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
ellu said:
Hello,

I'm a new member and so appreciate that you have all contributed to making this forum such a research.

I am trying to decide whether to apply from inland or outland right now and wondered if anyone had input.

I'm a US citizen, my common-law partner is a Canadian citizen and I'm currently living here with him in Quebec (although I'm on a visitor visa). Inland makes more sense as we are living together here but I'm worried about leaving the country and losing my status.

Can anyone share their experience with this?

With an inland permanent residency application in process and knowing that I'm from the US and don't need a visitor visa to come to Canada, if we travel with a copy of our application and my passport is there a real chance of being denied access at the border?

Thanks for your help
Outland, outland, outland! For a US citizen, outland is SO MUCH faster than inland, and you can be in Canada while applying outland. My husband is a US citizen and stayed in Canada with me on a visitor visa during his outland application. We applied in February and he landed in August. Inland applications take a minimum of 18 months right now.

I don't know much about being denied at the border, my husband did not leave Canada while in process, but we wanted the freedom to be able to if something happened with his mom, so we chose outland. Plus the faster timelines.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
rhcohen2014 said:

Thanks for your reply!

I will put down Canadian address for my mailing address.

But I'm still not sure which address I should put for "Current country of residence". Does "residence address" mean "home address"? If it does, then my home is supposedly in the US, since I'm supposedly only visiting Canada right now. Do you understand what I was trying to say?

Thank you