Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Questions 13 and 14 talk of family members. CIC uses a special definition of 'family member' which means the person's spouse or common-law partner or conjugal partner, and any dependent children. Note this is not the definition of 'family member' used in normal everyday English.
So since you have no children, and your spouse is already a Canadian citizen or PR, you only need a medical, police certificates, and immigration photos for yourself.

However, the Additional Family Information form asks about 'additional family'. Here they are not asking only about CIC's definition of 'family member', so for this form you list your spouse or partner, all children, your parents, and all siblings.

Apr 27, 2016
canadianwoman said:
Questions 13 and 14 talk of family members. CIC uses a special definition of 'family member' which means the person's spouse or common-law partner or conjugal partner, and any dependent children. Note this is not the definition of 'family member' used in normal everyday English.
So since you have no children, and your spouse is already a Canadian citizen or PR, you only need a medical, police certificates, and immigration photos for yourself.

However, the Additional Family Information form asks about 'additional family'. Here they are not asking only about CIC's definition of 'family member', so for this form you list your spouse or partner, all children, your parents, and all siblings.
Hi! Thank you so much! :)

Apr 27, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
The only thing that changes in the Philippines guide in terms of the PR photos is the number. This doesn't change the fact that you're the only one who will need to send in photos, nine of them. For me, since I'm from the US, I needed four.
Hey guys,

I am back to bugging y'all. :p

I am almost done with all the forms but something came up in my mind and it is bothering me now... Should I acquire a new passport to bear my married name and status, or can I go ahead and use my existing active passport with my maiden name (and of course bearing "SINGLE" as my ??? How does it affect the validity of the spousal sponsorship and length of time to wait for results?

Hoping for your kindness and helpfulness. Thank you! :)

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
Hey guys,

I am almost done with all the forms but something came up in my mind and it is bothering me now... Should I acquire a new passport to bear my married name and status, or can I go ahead and use my existing active passport with my maiden name (and of course bearing "SINGLE" as my Huh How does it affect the validity of the spousal sponsorship and length of time to wait for results?

Hoping for your kindness and helpfulness. Thank you! Smiley
Posted on: April 28, 2016, 04:09:50 am Posted by: bella.bevilacqua

In my case, i had my passport renewal and change of status in the same time just to be sure of..in the first place, you are not eligible to be sponsored as a spouse if your passport state that you' re stll single in it. That is how i understand it..but you could wait for others to answer your question as well.

Apr 27, 2016
dolly0530 said:
Hey guys,

I am almost done with all the forms but something came up in my mind and it is bothering me now... Should I acquire a new passport to bear my married name and status, or can I go ahead and use my existing active passport with my maiden name (and of course bearing "SINGLE" as my Huh How does it affect the validity of the spousal sponsorship and length of time to wait for results?

Hoping for your kindness and helpfulness. Thank you! Smiley
Posted on: April 28, 2016, 04:09:50 am Posted by: bella.bevilacqua

In my case, i had my passport renewal and change of status in the same time just to be sure of..in the first place, you are not eligible to be sponsored as a spouse if your passport state that you' re stll single in it. That is how i understand it..but you could wait for others to answer your question as well.
Thank you for the promptness! :)