+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship...

Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone.

I am sorry to disturb but I need your expert advice, especially the ones whose sponsorship have already been granted. My husband is in the process of processing my sponsorship and currently, I am working on the immigration forms and docs checklists.

I am not sure about 2 things though:
1) Do I really need to get and provide my family's police clearances and medical exam/results, too, even if I am the only one going to Canada to join my husband? My husband says I need to, but I just wanna make sure we are doing the right thing.
2) The photos. 9 each of my family members with or without me. Just to make sure, if I have like 5 family members, that means a total of 45 pictures with all of them?

Thank you, and I hope that someone could get back to me asap. My apologies if you find my questions stupid. Haha.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
1) No, not if they aren't accompanying you.
2) If your family members aren't accompanying you, you only need photos for yourself.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
bella.bevilacqua said:
Hi everyone.

I am sorry to disturb but I need your expert advice, especially the ones whose sponsorship have already been granted. My husband is in the process of processing my sponsorship and currently, I am working on the immigration forms and docs checklists.

I am not sure about 2 things though:
1) Do I really need to get and provide my family's police clearances and medical exam/results, too, even if I am the only one going to Canada to join my husband? My husband says I need to, but I just wanna make sure we are doing the right thing.
2) The photos. 9 each of my family members with or without me. Just to make sure, if I have like 5 family members, that means a total of 45 pictures with all of them?

Thank you, and I hope that someone could get back to me asap. My apologies if you find my questions stupid. Haha.
1. only you need to do the police checks and medical.
2. photos - immigration photos or proof of relationship photos? if immigration photos, only include photos of you as youre the only applying. as for proof of relationship photos? as many as you feel necessary. photos of family should only include you with each others family. they dont need photos of you with your family unless the photos are showing your spouse has met your family.

Apr 27, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
1) No, not if they aren't accompanying you.
2) If your family members aren't accompanying you, you only need photos for yourself.
Great! Thank you so much for the promptness, Decoy24601! I really appreciate it. :)

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
bella.bevilacqua said:
Great! Thank you so much for the promptness, Decoy24601! I really appreciate it. :)
No problem ;D. Good luck with your application. Be careful about advice people give you about spousal sponsorship in real life. There are a lot of misconceptions and you'd be surprised how many times users here were given bad advice by people they know (friends, coworkers, relatives, etc).

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
According to CIC, family members are your dependent children and spouse.

If you have children, they need medicals as well, unless they are already Canadian citizens or PRs. The same applies for immigration photos.

Apr 27, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
No problem ;D. Good luck with your application. Be careful about advice people give you about spousal sponsorship in real life. There are a lot of misconceptions and you'd be surprised how many times users here were given bad advice by people they know (friends, coworkers, relatives, etc).
I appreciate the concern. I did not expect the turn of events, but I am happy that my husband is working on this now... However, yeah, there is a bit of confusion in the requirements on my part -- which leads me to another question. Do you think that such requirements is country specific? Sections 13 and 14 on p. 5 of the application guide to the Philippines (would post the link, but I am not allowed to) kind of really confuse me. Thank you again!

Apr 27, 2016
Gary_87 said:
1. only you need to do the police checks and medical.
2. photos - immigration photos or proof of relationship photos? if immigration photos, only include photos of you as youre the only applying. as for proof of relationship photos? as many as you feel necessary. photos of family should only include you with each others family. they dont need photos of you with your family unless the photos are showing your spouse has met your family.
Hi, Gary! Thank you for your help, too. Since I cannot post the link of the application guide made specifically for the Philippines, I might ask you to browse it for me on the website and refer to sections 13 and 14 on p. 5? I am really sorry... :(
Thank you again! :)

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
bella.bevilacqua said:
I appreciate the concern. I did not expect the turn of events, but I am happy that my husband is working on this now... However, yeah, there is a bit of confusion in the requirements on my part -- which leads me to another question. Do you think that such requirements is country specific? Sections 13 and 14 on p. 5 of the application guide to the Philippines (would post the link, but I am not allowed to) kind of really confuse me. Thank you again!
The only thing that changes in the Philippines guide in terms of the PR photos is the number. This doesn't change the fact that you're the only one who will need to send in photos, nine of them. For me, since I'm from the US, I needed four.

Apr 27, 2016
MilesAway said:
According to CIC, family members are your dependent children and spouse.

If you have children, they need medicals as well, unless they are already Canadian citizens or PRs. The same applies for immigration photos.
Hi there! Nope, I don't have children before this marriage ( this is my first marriage and hoping to be the last. :D)
My husband says that should be my parents and siblings..? I was wondering though if it was country-specific? Sections 13 and 14 in the guide to the Philippines are kind of confusing for me. LOL! I am bad at this... :(

"decoy" and "gary" have been helpful, and you're an added angel.

Apr 27, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
The only thing that changes in the Philippines guide in terms of the PR photos is the number. This doesn't change the fact that you're the only one who will need to send in photos, nine of them. For me, since I'm from the US, I needed four.
Wow! Great... Okay, it also says there, "accompanying" or "non-accompanying". What does that mean? We were thinking that it has something to do with the family info required -- police and medical records and photos??? That maybe it is going to be the basis just in case we decided to sponsor my parents and siblings in the future, too? Thanks again. :)

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
bella.bevilacqua said:
Wow! Great... Okay, it also says there, "accompanying" or "non-accompanying". What does that mean? We were thinking that it has something to do with the family info required -- police and medical records and photos??? That maybe it is going to be the basis just in case we decided to sponsor my parents and siblings in the future, too? Thanks again. :)
Non-accompanying means your parents and siblings won't be coming with you to Canada with your PR application. The reason why you list them on Additional Family Information, is so that you are eligible to sponsor them in the future. This does not mean you are bringing them with you when you are and doesn't mean they have to do medicals, background checks, photos, etc. If someone fails to list a family member on the Addditional Family Information form, that means they can never sponsor them in the future.

You will not need to get medicals or PR photos or anything for them now. The only way you would need that is if you sponsored them in the future and that's a separate application.

Apr 27, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Non-accompanying means your parents and siblings won't be coming with you to Canada with your PR application. The reason why you list them on Additional Family Information, is so that you are eligible to sponsor them in the future. This does not mean you are bringing them with you when you are and doesn't mean they have to do medicals, background checks, photos, etc. If someone fails to list a family member on the Addditional Family Information form, that means they can never sponsor them in the future.

You will not need to get medicals or PR photos or anything for them now. The only way you would need that is if you sponsored them in the future and that's a separate application.
Wow! You are really great, my friend! Thank you so soooo much! I will discuss this with my husband. Will let you know how it goes definitely. :)

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
bella.bevilacqua said:
Wow! You are really great, my friend! Thank you so soooo much! I will discuss this with my husband. Will let you know how it goes definitely. :)
You're welcome ;D. Good luck with your application. Just make sure you declare all your sibling and your parents on the Additional Family Information form. You're the only one who will need a medical, background checks, photos, etc. Feel free to ask more questions on this forum whenever you need to. It's a great resource.

Apr 27, 2016
Decoy24601 said:
You're welcome ;D. Good luck with your application. Just make sure you declare all your sibling and your parents on the Additional Family Information form. You're the only one who will need a medical, background checks, photos, etc. Feel free to ask more questions on this forum whenever you need to. It's a great resource.
Will remember all your pieces of advice. And, yes, I will definitely keep checking in here. :)
God bless you, my friend!