+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

Seti

Jul 28, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have a question regarding my sponsorship application.

I live in Canada and my husband live in Iran and I sponsored my husband. Although I didn't provide an option C form (but gave the reason why I didn't),I received a letter from CIC that mentioned I am eligible to sponsor my husband on July 6 2015 and they said the application for permanent residence for my husband has been forwarded to visa office in Ankara.But since then, there hasn't been any changes on our status. This is what they wrote on the website :We received your application for permanent residence on May 1 2015. these are my question:
1. should I sent the option c form to visa office in Ankara or just wait to see if they ask for additional documents?
2. how long does it take to change the status from 'Application Received' to 'In Process'?
3. How can I report change of my husband's address? should I contact visa office in Ankara or CIC?
Thank you

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
The visa office shows that it typically takes about 11 months for the entire process.
It has only been a few weeks since it was sent to that office.

I think the option C is for the sponsoring portion and you have already been approved.
Your husband can change his address online on Ecas with his Client ID and / or the application number.

Processing times by visa office
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Ecas
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

pyraid

Oct 18, 2015
Hi,

My application has been approved in Canada on July 29. As your application has been approved before me, I was wondering of you have got any update from Ankara office. If so, does any body know how long it usually take for the case be processed in Ankara office. I know that the website says 11 months. However I have seen several cases with earlier processing time.

Best Regards,