+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

preh93

Nov 15, 2014
Hello,
I applied for my husband's sponsorship on Feb. 25, 2014, and I got a reply from cic a month after,that it got accepted.
It's almost been a year now, and they contacted my husband last month and asked for some more proofs. When should I expect their next response?How long do you think it might take my husband to be here? I have heard that it takes around 9-11 months these days.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

preh93

Nov 15, 2014
Also they contacted him today, and asked for his 2nd medical examination to New Delhi?
thanks

preh93

Nov 15, 2014
it says that clients outside India should advise their PP to send the results to India, and I have no idea. I am soo confused :'(

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
It is alright then, though does not make much sense (because your husband is from Pakistan). Another applicant, who posted on this forum, had their file sent to New Delhi.

CIC might have established a Medical Assessment Center / Processing Center in New Delhi.

or

It is a mistake

preh93

Nov 15, 2014
oh okay good because I was scared that it might be a scam, so do they usually send the VISA after the second medical if you know, and when do they usually take the interview?
Is there a way to contact CIC just to make sure that the email they sent is right and not a scam?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
I edited my previous post.

Hopefully, they will finalize the application, provided everything else is complete (Security, Criminality etc.). If approved, VO will also ask for Passport to issue PR Visa.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Did your husband receive Medical Examination Form in the E-mail for Re-medical? If yes, Panel Physcian will be able to verify the IME# in the system. PP can check the system even without an IME# to find out if there is requirement for Re-Medical. That will remove any fears of being scammed.

preh93

Nov 15, 2014
The email says "reassessment of medical examination'', and it does have his IME number and the form attached to it.

preh93

Nov 15, 2014
Do they usually have the 2nd medical before the VISA confirmation or they can have it before too, and how about the interview?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
CIC may ask for Re-Medical if the First Medical Examination has either expired or there was some problem in the results. Medical Examination Results are valid for 12 months.

Request for Medical is not a guarantee that an application will be approved.

VO can ask the applicant for an interview at any stage, if during a review they determine that a personal interview is neccessary.