+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Withdrawal Letter Request

TravisK

Aug 24, 2016
Hi there!

So I have a question which I am hoping you all can help with. Here is the sequence of events:

1. I received a "Donotreply" email informing me of new message within my online application.
2. I logged in, and under my Spousal Sponsorship application, I had a Request Letter and the details column noted that application as "Your Action is Required".
3. The letter, when opened, is informing me that during review, they noted that I was recently approved for PR status via my CEC application (this is accurate).
4. It says that I should submit a letter requesting withdrawal of the spousal application within 30 days. However it says, "Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title."

I did not receive an email with this letter attached. The only email I received is the one notifying me of the update to my profile.

Previously, I received an email from a specific IRCC/CIC email address requesting some final details be mailed prior to issuing my PR documents from my CEC application. But nothing for this request.

Should I perhaps reply with the requested signed withdrawal letter to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca ?

Also, is there a form or specific template they require for this letter?

Thank you for your help

TravisK

Aug 24, 2016
Additional Information:

This is what the letter says. As I noted, I was notified via email to a new message in myCIC, the email was a donotreply email and contained no other information. I applied for this outland, and do not know at which CPC it is being processed. I checked the portal (where you can upload documents in the application) and there is no spot to upload the document.

Thanks again...

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Client Information: Upon review of your Family Class application, it appears that you have recently been approved for permanent residency through the Canadian Experience Class program. In order to close your Family Class application, please send a signed letter requesting withdrawal.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.

If we do not receive a response within the time allotted to you from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title.