+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship while having a Visitors Visa

djm20011

Apr 9, 2016
Hi there,

Just looking for some feedback and expertise here. My fiance just received her visitor visa (multiple entry for 1 year). We are schedule to get married for end of April and hope to begin the family sponsorship immediately after. My question is- is there any problem with the spousal/family sponsorship while already having a visitor/tourist visa? I have heard things such as that if we start the Spousal/Family sponsorship she will have to give up her tourist visa.... is that the case?

Also, once the year expires for her visa- we are wondering what is the best way to get her back into Canada while waiting for her sponsorship (18 months im told) to go through?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
What country is she from? Her application might be finished in under a year. In any case, she can apply to extend her visitor visa.

aliaix

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest,RO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
File Transfer...
19-02-2016
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Passport Req..
18-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
djm20011 said:
Hi there,

Just looking for some feedback and expertise here. My fiance just received her visitor visa (multiple entry for 1 year). We are schedule to get married for end of April and hope to begin the family sponsorship immediately after. My question is- is there any problem with the spousal/family sponsorship while already having a visitor/tourist visa? I have heard things such as that if we start the Spousal/Family sponsorship she will have to give up her tourist visa.... is that the case?

Also, once the year expires for her visa- we are wondering what is the best way to get her back into Canada while waiting for her sponsorship (18 months im told) to go through?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
There's no such thing that she will have to give up her visa if you start the Spousal/Family sponsorship. That info is wrong.