+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship questions (from Texas to Saskatchewan)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You will be married, therefore no need for "common-law declaration". Also, no need for "representative form" if you are not using one. But on the document checklist which you will submit with the application, make sure you write "N/A" against the respective boxes for these two forms and any other forms that are not applicable. If you don't, they will assume the forms are missing and return the application.

Yes, no minimum financial requirements for you and spouse. However, if you are not working be sure to include a cover letter explaining plans on how you will support yourself and your spouse. Also, include proof of any savings you have.

nekustetnaz said:
Thanks for the help so far, everyone.

I'm just starting to gather the sponsorship documents we'll need to fill out. I wanted to make sure of this, we don't need to submit the following forms, right?Since we will be married, not common law partners, and we will be applying without using a representative. If we submit an application and it doesn't include these forms, they'll just assume we didn't use a representative, right?

edit: And there are no minimum financial requirements if it's just me and her, right?
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5482Eguide.asp

nekustetnaz

Mar 19, 2011
I intend to be working and I'm sure I"ll make enough to support the both of us, just my current job only gives me part-time hours (at $18/h). So, that's good if they don't require a certain minimum income. Thanks for the advice on the N/A part.