+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Police Certificates Question

Gis-elle

Aug 27, 2012
Hi i am from Mexico and have been living in Canada for the past 4 years and applied about 3 years ago with my husband for Spousal Sponsorship and have been having some problems.

I was asked to send "(1)State Police Certificate from Nuevo Leon,State of Mexico, and (2)The Federal Police Certificate from Mexico". And I see that on the website (http :// www .cic.gc. ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america .asp) it says that the Federal police certificate must be from the Procuraduria General de la Republica (PGR) and the steps to get it are there, but it DOES NOT say how to get the State polices Certificates. How do you get this ones? I cannot find where to get them (from Canada). Maybe someone could tell me how to obtain those certificates (Nuevo Leon and Mexico)? also they want (2) The Federal Police Certificate from Mexico is that 2 of the exact (2 copies) same one?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Gis-elle said:
Hi i am from Mexico and have been living in Canada for the past 4 years and applied about 3 years ago with my husband for Spousal Sponsorship and have been having some problems.

I was asked to send "(1)State Police Certificate from Nuevo Leon,State of Mexico, and (2)The Federal Police Certificate from Mexico". And I see that on the website (http :// www .cic.gc. ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america .asp) it says that the Federal police certificate must be from the Procuraduria General de la Republica (PGR) and the steps to get it are there, but it DOES NOT say how to get the State polices Certificates. How do you get this ones? I cannot find where to get them (from Canada). Maybe someone could tell me how to obtain those certificates (Nuevo Leon and Mexico)? also they want (2) The Federal Police Certificate from Mexico is that 2 of the exact (2 copies) same one?
When were you requested to get the state police certificates, are you meaning the ssp?
as of may 2012, they no longer ask for police certificates only for pgr and ssp.

but either way, if they still want this.. have you tried going to the mexican embassy in canada and asking them to get your nuevo leon police certificate on your behalf, they should be able to do that.
if not do you have any family members in nuevo leon, if so they can get the police check for you with a carta poder. :)

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
as for the numbers (2) i think they are just using as
1.-----
2.----

but not meaning you need 2 of that certificate, i have never heard them asking for 2.

:)

also if you need more help there is a MEXICO thread, you can join, alot of people on their have alot of knowledge about police certificates and where to get them from inside and outside mexico

cafflaca

Oct 8, 2012
LeisaP said:
as for the numbers (2) i think they are just using as
1.-----
2.----

but not meaning you need 2 of that certificate, i have never heard them asking for 2.

also if you need more help there is a MEXICO thread, you can join, alot of people on their have alot of knowledge about police certificates and where to get them from inside and outside mexico
Hi everyone!!
I have a question about Mexican police certificates. I also live in Canada and I applied outside Canada. I already sent my fingerprints, photos and all the required documents to get PGR certificate through to Mexico visa office. I wonder how long it will take to get an answer from them. The only new thing is that my status changed to "in process", but I've had any mail or e.mail from them. Does someone know something related with my current process?

Thank you so much for the help!! I am really anxious to get an answer!