7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

HFHH13 said:
Hello!
$40 for up to 10,000 is actually pretty good I know banks that charge you way more than that for up to 10,000...and if anything goes wrong (not that it will because bank transfers are pretty secure) the bank can give you recourse(their money is insured). Just saying it's better to go with the bank (I used to work for the bank-6 yrs!)
I think for that sum of money it's a better route!
Hope that helps!
Well, its $60 in total commission charges plus the spread on destinations bank exchange rate which they can never publish since there is a 4 or 5 business days delay until the deposit reaches destination bank. Whereas the money changer, I think they are giving better exchange rates without commission plus they publish their rates so you know exactly what you will be getting.
There is no doubt that bank wire transfers is much more secure and without any doubt I would go that route in Karachi or perhaps other destinations in Pakistan.
But living in Islamabad, I noticed there is much less crime here and more affluence. So was wondering if anybody had experience with exchanging large sum of money with money changers or online alternatives?
Thanks so much for your input!

wahmad4

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

Mercy I used money exchanger to transfer money to Lahore & rahim Yaar khan(far from Islamabad) amounting 25k each this year & both worked fine. But bank transfer is just more convenient if you have bank setup then you can do it sitting home & no time waste(sure you are paying for time saving but depends what's valued more at the moment). So my experience both work just fine. If you wanna get better value for your $$ then yes use money exchangers.

zafari

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Feb-2012

Mercy24 said:
Does anybody know a cheap and reliable way of transferring large foreign currency to Pakistan (i.e. $20,000 Canadian) ??
Best way to send money to Pakistan is Habib Canadian Bank: Free of cost (over 500 CAD). bank has 2 branches, Scarborough n Mississauga
Canadian Forex: free of cost if over 10K CAD. online service only

I have used both above mentioned modes of transfer, HCB is best, however Canadian forex is not bad thou

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Mercy24 said:
Well, its $60 in total commission charges plus the spread on destinations bank exchange rate which they can never publish since there is a 4 or 5 business days delay until the deposit reaches destination bank. Whereas the money changer, I think they are giving better exchange rates without commission plus they publish their rates so you know exactly what you will be getting.
There is no doubt that bank wire transfers is much more secure and without any doubt I would go that route in Karachi or perhaps other destinations in Pakistan.
But living in Islamabad, I noticed there is much less crime here and more affluence. So was wondering if anybody had experience with exchanging large sum of money with money changers or online alternatives?
Thanks so much for your input!
Google "Al Habib Supermarket" ............. located at 2860 Denison St, Markham, ON L3S 4T6
They have money transfer facility....Reliable and fast with very competitive rates. No matter how much you wanna send they only charge $5 per transaction......

hhafiz

Jan 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Mercy24 said:
Does anybody know a cheap and reliable way of transferring large foreign currency to Pakistan (i.e. $20,000 Canadian) ??
Google "Al Habib Supermarket" ............. located at 2860 Denison St, Markham, ON L3S 4T6
They have money transfer facility....Reliable and fast with very competitive rates. No matter how much you wanna send they only charge $5 per transaction......

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)

I have used https://www.canadianunion.ca/ for sending big amounts directly to bank account in Khi. Although I went to their Calgary branch and did it from there. There is no fee above minimum amount of $150 and cash pickup and deposit to account is available.

The best option was Visa money transfer by TD bank transfer directly online from your bank account to Standard chartered bank account in Karachi which SCB closed the service start of this year.

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015

zafari said:
Best way to send money to Pakistan is Habib Canadian Bank: Free of cost (over 500 CAD). bank has 2 branches, Scarborough n Mississauga
Canadian Forex: free of cost if over 10K CAD. online service only

I have used both above mentioned modes of transfer, HCB is best, however Canadian forex is not bad thou
Do either of us have to be account holders of Habib Bank?

baba88

Jun 10, 2015

SALAM and Ramadan Mubarakh. Hope noone is having a tough fasting days. SO I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS, please advice/answer them, my case is bit diff. m canadian citizen paki born, I got married quickly in Pakistan in april and came back 2 weeks after my wedding, it was arranged so i didnt know my wife prior to the wedding or had any contacts, my parents showed her to me she was pretty so i said yes and got married in a matter of one week and rushedbut have plenty of pics of nikah rukshati valima during thefew weeks stay in pak, did all the funcitons within one week. Now according to cic, it takes 40 months to bring spouse from Pakistan, howcan this be true when my relatives brougt their spouse in a matter of 1.5 yr like last year orso!! I havent started the sponsorship process yet because i am flat broke right now as well as on a layoff since january 2015 (employment insurance) but I heard you can show the income of previous year right? like 2014 tax files? Coz i was working at tht company for 11 months then got fired and applied for lay off earlier this year.Does the proof of job have to be of around the current application time or can it be from last year 2014? im afraid not having a steady job or being on layoff might delay my process?? Im planning to sponsor when I gather money, documents and get a job. I hope not knowing my wife prior to marriage or having a girlfriend of 8 years (and still going, regular phone convos, meetups) wont affect this right? I didnt live with my gf but was in a serious and long relationship, i just didnt know i was getting married and i had been keeping in touch with her while I was in pak getting married and m hoping thts not gonna affect right because were not officially couples. im turning 27 soon and my education is high school diploma only as i couldnt study coz had to work in general labor or car sales so hope education wont matter. i also received some valuable gifts from my spouse,another thng im wondering is if credit card debts affect anything? i have no savings but i heard u dont needmoney or income to sponsor spouse? ihave almost 40k debts in CCs of random purchases n loans but i am a secnodary owner of my house which we bought 4 yrs ago on mortgage so i have proof of my own residency so i hope they dont look at credit card debts? also i have no proof of any contacts with my spouse as i didnt know her prior tomarriage, i talk to her now since im back like once in 2 days on homephone as she dont have cell phone. i also never went to pak since i came to canada in early 2000s and i dont plan on going anytime soon. my spouse keep asking me on sponsorship process!!! and should i get a lawyer? how much will tht cost? and can i show 2014 income if i sponsor in sept 2015? and any tips or suggestion is greatly appreciated thank u dosts/mates.

SamDuos

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
20 May 2014 and 15 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2012
File Transfer...
30 Apr 2014
Med's Request
Re Med 20 May 2014, Add Med 15 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
15 Jun 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 04 Dec 2015, PPR2 23 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17 March 2016
LANDED..........
17 Apr 2016

Does anybody know a cheap and reliable way of transferring Pak currency from Pakistan to Canada? pls

SamDuos

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Mar 2012
Doc's Request.
20 May 2014 and 15 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
29 Jun 2012
File Transfer...
30 Apr 2014
Med's Request
Re Med 20 May 2014, Add Med 15 Sep 2015
Med's Done....
15 Jun 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 04 Dec 2015, PPR2 23 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17 March 2016
LANDED..........
17 Apr 2016

Hi, i need your value able assistance/experience.
I want to apply for visit visa (to visit spouse) for Canada, what is the procedure for applying, what documents are required to attach with application form, how much time it take to process?pls

aylia24

May 14, 2014
karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
31 July 2014

why r u waiting for. pay your fees now.

QA said:
When I applied I paid half fees.. now mine ecas status shows decision made.. bt ye kb half fees magy gy.. still waiting

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015

Hi all,

just wondering if LVO sends AOR2, if not how do you check your e status i mean do you use sponsor UCI and his DOB. n if it does then after how long from transferring your file to LVO.

thanks in advance!

QA

Sep 3, 2014

How can I pay now :-( wo magy gy to he du ge..

XMan24April

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
File Transfer...
20-06-2014
Med's Request
med extension mail on 28th jan 2015, as per notes medical status is Cleared - Expired
Passport Req..
10th September 2015

XMan24April said:
should I contact lvo then? since there has been no update. I am a medical extension case which meant only thing from finalizing the case was medical
so after going through notes again I gathered that my medical status is "Cleared - Expired"

I had received an email for med ext on 28th jan 2015. Notes show that lvo contacted RMO Delhi for possibility of extension. And either RMO Delhi didnt reply or lvo didnt update, but medical is outstanding, while everything else is cleared since 27th jan 2015.

Have again contacted lvo about the above but with my experience, they wont reply to thequery or acknowledge it.

Any suggestions/ideas?