Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

flx2015 said:
there was an immigration and citizenship townhall in brampton this past Wednesday. DAMNIT! i wish i had known about that. i had questions for mccallum. anyway, i'm trying to find notes for what they discussed during the meeting. this is all i've found so far:

“The single-most important commitment we made in the election campaign was to substantially reduce the processing time for the families,” the minister said. “We’re working right now to reduce the inventory of people waiting. We will be announcing a new system in the fall which will substantially reduce the processing time for family unification.”
source: http://www.bramptonguardian.com/news-story/6838102-changes-to-canada-s-immigration-policy-will-benefit-international-students-and-families-says-minist/

new system?! are they talking about the two-tier system we've heard so many rumors about? i hope this benefits people who have already applied...
I hope he is not bluffing here, its already the fall so why not give canadian some information?? ::) ::) to what this new thing is. I hope they do something for spousals ...keeping fingers crossed..... ;D ;D

And yes I can't seem to find anything more on this on the internet.....strange :-X

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

ra03ra said:
I hope he is not bluffing here, its already the fall so why not give canadian some information?? ::) ::) to what this new thing is. I hope they do something for spousals ...keeping fingers crossed..... ;D ;D

And yes I can't seem to find anything more on this on the internet.....strange :-X
Don't fall for this. Its another jhoota wada.

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016

flx2015 said:
exactly what you suggested earlier: pay a higher fee for faster processing, or a lower fee for slower processing.
Or have another process for applicants from visa-exempt countries, so they can be fast tracked at the Ottawa VO, while the rest of us rot in waiting.

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017

I doubt that is going to be the rule, visa exempt countries don't come a lot to canada, so really it can't be that, he would really piss a lot of people off with that.... :'(

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

The two-tier system (pay more, get here faster) is not only discriminatory but stupid. I mean, who applies to sponsor their beloved spouse with the intention that "yes, I will choose this slower pathway because I love my wife/husband so much that it would be good for a delayed arrival". Makes no sense. And to all those people who are supporting this, you should be ashamed. I am sure that many people here on the forum do not earn much, and many are unemployed, how would you feel if Canada creates a new policy that if you are employed or if you have an income above such and such, then your spouse will get here faster? Or what if they create a new policy which does not allow you to sponsor if you don't have any income or a high enough income?

Many people here forget about their own circumstances once they go through them and start infringing and supporting policies that would no longer harm them at the cost of others.

Even if the government applies the two tier policy, its only because they want to make more money. If they simply want more money to employ more immigration staff to process apps faster, then they should simply raise the application fee. That's it. Just raise the fee and avoid the two tier system.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

s.and.s said:
Or have another process for applicants from visa-exempt countries, so they can be fast tracked at the Ottawa VO, while the rest of us rot in waiting.
Those countries are rich and are in power. Canada can't do this with them.

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016

ra03ra said:
I doubt that is going to be the rule, visa exempt countries don't come a lot to canada, so really it can't be that, he would really piss a lot of people off with that.... :'(
What if I tell you it's already happening?

Look through the forum. Ottawa visa office is directly processing applicants from America, Australia, Britain, France and it's going through them in 2 months.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

The problem is that no one stands up for our rights. Our MP's come to our places of worship, tell us stories, try to relate to us in some vague fashion just to garner our vote. But do they do anything for us in reality? Same with our governments, they don't create lasting/strong relationships with countries such as Canada where such a large population of their people live. Once our foreign policy is created, once our ambassadors emphasize ties between our native countries and Canada, only then will we see a betterment.

And don't get me started with foreign credentials/degrees. We have intelligent people (doctors, medical professionals) driving taxis because our degrees are not recognized. Why is that so? Because our native institutions in our countries from which we obtain our degrees have not created relationships with countries and institutions.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

s.and.s said:
What if I tell you it's already happening?

Look through the forum. Ottawa visa office is directly processing applicants from America, Australia, Britain, France and it's going through them in 2 months.
right, but don't forget about indian, afghani, and nepalese applicants being processed at NDVO. new delhi was notorious for 18+ month wait times, yet they're now finalizing apps within 6 months or less. not as fast as ottawa, but 6 months is nothing compared to what we're going through here. the majority of december 2015 applicants that went through new delhi got their PPRs this may.

and there's more... according to the data set they released in october 2015, NDVO's spousal backlog was MORE THAN TWICE that of LVO's spousal backlog (6500 compared to london's 2600), so we can't even say that the reason for LVO's slowdown is because they're dealing with a higher volume of applications. seriously, what the f*ck are they doing?

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

There are basically 2 burning questions

1) Why was LVO so incredibly fast from mid-late 2015. (Apps being processing in 4-6 months with 1 app at 3 months)?

2) Why has it slowed down now?

2nd question is more relevant. I wish somehow we could ask the visa office directly or maybe an MP as to why we see these 2 things.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

flx2015 said:
right, but don't forget about indian, afghani, and nepalese applicants being processed at NDVO. new delhi was notorious for 18+ month wait times, yet they're now finalizing apps within 6 months or less. not as fast as ottawa, but 6 months is nothing compared to what we're going through here. the majority of december 2015 applicants that went through new delhi got their PPRs this may.

and there's more... according to the data set they released in october 2015, NDVO's spousal backlog was MORE THAN TWICE that of LVO's spousal backlog (6500 compared to london's 2600), so we can't even say that the reason for LVO's slowdown is because they're dealing with a higher volume of applications. seriously, what the f*ck are they doing?
Canadian embassy is near to main tourist attractions of London. They are enjoying over there :D

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Red.Rose said:
There are basically 2 burning questions

1) Why was LVO so incredibly fast from mid-late 2015. (Apps being processing in 4-6 months with 1 app at 3 months)?

2) Why has it slowed down now?

2nd question is more relevant. I wish somehow we could ask the visa office directly or maybe an MP as to why we see these 2 things.
already tried to get answers out of my MP. i showed them our spreadsheets and they refused to even look at them, saying there is no way to verify the authenticity of our data. yes, you heard me, he basically told me that he doesn't trust our spreadsheet. all he could say is the CIC site shows 26 months, therefore the actual processing time is 26 months and that i'll have to wait 26 months before they can help me out in any way.

so yeah, MPs are basically useless.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

flx2015 said:
already tried to get answers out of my MP. i showed them our spreadsheets and they refused to even look at them, saying there is no way to verify the authenticity of our data. yes, you heard me, he basically told me that he doesn't trust our spreadsheet. all he could say is the CIC site shows 26 months, therefore the actual processing time is 26 months and that i'll have to wait 26 months before they can help me out in any way.

Next time when he compaign for votes show him the same spreadsheet. He will spend an hour looking on the spreadsheet and will also say I will talk in the parliment if we get elected.

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

MP's are useless because their wives. children are already with them. We need a minister who knows what its like to live away from someone and the difficulties/barriers there are in order to get back with them. Its like appointing me the minster of Aboriginal relations, when I, myself am not an aboriginal nor I have any historic/personal motives for those people. We need someone who understands us, who has sympathy. ie feels what we feel.

Otherwise they are just gonna give generic responses.

s.and.s

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016

flx2015 said:

Who's your MP, flx2015?