AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
Hi and thanks Hasan, so almost 2 months and still no notes? i wonder what is causing all the delays. I also wish you guys good luck.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
MiriMinBC said:
Now I'm paranoid. I'm 8 years older than my husband and we met online (I'm from the US). Our wedding was a small civil affair and my elderly parents couldn't attend not could his parents due to age and health. We have 1 child together and another on the way so I hope we don't have to have an interview.
Mirimin dont worry too much. I think if you are from the US and have a child together your process will be much easier. My husband is from a visa exempt country and there have been many refusals from that part of the world. I think the interview is not the worse part. I just wish they interviewed me instead of my husband lol. I think immigration treats people from there very different then they do us citizens.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
MiriMinBC said:
Now I'm paranoid. I'm 8 years older than my husband and we met online (I'm from the US). Our wedding was a small civil affair and my elderly parents couldn't attend not could his parents due to age and health. We have 1 child together and another on the way so I hope we don't have to have an interview.
stop reading these threads and assuming they relate to your application. they do not. for most us applications, the interview is WAIVED. the issues that seem to initiate an interview request are usually related to unaccompanying minors (which you don't have - since you are both the parents of your children), criminality issues (which I'm assuming you don't have), and when the us applicant is not a us citizen (Which doesn't sound like your case). it is a very rare case that a us application is called into an interview because they suspect the marriage to be one of convenience. generally, people from the US are not seeking marriages to canadians to get pr status in canada. you are from a visa exempt country, so your burden of proof is significantly less than those from developing worlds where marriages of convenience are thought to be more common.

if all the information you posted about was clearly explained in your answers, then you did your job. again, reading these posts does NOT do any good when you have a straightforward case. what you think is a "red flag" is not necessarily a red flag in the eyes of the visa officer reading your file. every application is unique unto itself, so just because 1 application has a "red flag" that prompted an interview, that does not mean EVERY file that has the same "red flag" will have an interview. it depends on each applicant's situation and what was in the application. you can't assume you will have an interview just because of what you posted. stop reading the threads that are making you "paranoid".

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
stop reading these threads and assuming they relate to your application. they do not. for most us applications, the interview is WAIVED. the issues that seem to initiate an interview request are usually related to unaccompanying minors (which you don't have - since you are both the parents of your children), criminality issues (which I'm assuming you don't have), and when the us applicant is not a us citizen (Which doesn't sound like your case). it is a very rare case that a us application is called into an interview because they suspect the marriage to be one of convenience. generally, people from the US are not seeking marriages to canadians to get pr status in canada. you are from a visa exempt country, so your burden of proof is significantly less than those from developing worlds where marriages of convenience are thought to be more common.

if all the information you posted about was clearly explained in your answers, then you did your job. again, reading these posts does NOT do any good when you have a straightforward case. what you think is a "red flag" is not necessarily a red flag in the eyes of the visa officer reading your file. every application is unique unto itself, so just because 1 application has a "red flag" that prompted an interview, that does not mean EVERY file that has the same "red flag" will have an interview. it depends on each applicant's situation and what was in the application. you can't assume you will have an interview just because of what you posted. stop reading the threads that are making you "paranoid".
Very well stated. I am sure MiriMinBC is very unlikely to be interviewed. And those that do get interviewed have a very high pass rate.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
chala said:
Very well stated. I am sure MiriMinBC is very unlikely to be interviewed. And those that do get interviewed have a very high pass rate.
exactly. while i know it's an added stress and adds wait time to the approval (and i don't wish it on anyone), i suspect the actual rejection rate for us citizens after an interview is very very very very very low. not all applications are equal, and really unless you are actually called in for an interview or already approved, i don't recommend reading threads about appeals and interviews. it absolutely does NO good.at.all!

considering may applicants are already getting approved, i suspect miri is going to be seeing an approval soonish.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
rhcohen2014 said:
exactly. while i know it's an added stress and adds wait time to the approval (and i don't wish it on anyone), i suspect the actual rejection rate for us citizens after an interview is very very very very very low. not all applications are equal, and really unless you are actually called in for an interview or already approved, i don't recommend reading threads about appeals and interviews. it absolutely does NO good.at.all!

considering may applicants are already getting approved, i suspect miri is going to be seeing an approval soonish.
yes, it definitely seems that us applicants, same as those from developed countries have much easier time with immigration. although, recently the economic situation in us is not the greatest the fact reminds that canada still has good relations with the us and that is well reflected in the immigration practices.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
MiriMinBC said:
Since you have children together and you are US citizen, you have rare chance of getting interview. Good luck.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
REPOST : YOU CANT DO RE MEDICAL ON YOUR OWN....

POSTED BY CanucksFan(Vienna VO):

My husband and I have been married since 2005 and have 2 kids, so the Visa Officer said to my husband: "OH, I have nothing to ask about your marriage", he briefly went over his military book, police certificates for both my husband and stepson, discussed those, and at the end said it was all fine, fees paid, saw that the new medicals had to be done and said: "So as soon as you do the second medical, everything will be done. You should be home by New Years". We are to date still not sure what the interview was for. We finished the second medical and sent the updated Background forms as requested on November 29th, and have been waiting since. Not sure why. I guess they put our file in queue and we are waiting for the final review. Hopefully one of these days. Don't worry about the interview, being true to yourself, honest, with integrity is what they need to see. Bring as much info as you can, because they are too busy and maybe have forgotten or overlooked something you sent them already...the more you present, the better. I was there with my kids in the waiting room, while the hubby and son were in the interview room.
I know there has been a lot of debate about redoing the medicals, from our experience: maybe if had them redone before the interview, we could have had the passports stamped right there and then. And FYI: family class applicants CAN have the second medical done without the instructions from the visa office. So it's up to you.

COMMENT BY HASAN9999:

I am not sure if the last comment above is correct! Applicant can do second medical without any instruction from the visa office. Any comment will be appreciated. Thank you.

REPLIED BY A VERY SENIOR MEMBER THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGE:

"I know there has been a lot of debate about redoing the medicals, from our experience: maybe if had them redone before the interview, we could have had the passports stamped right there and then. And FYI: family class applicants CAN have the second medical done without the instructions from the visa office. So it's up to you."

QUESTION:

a) IS IT CORRECT?

b) CAN VISA OFFICER EXTEND MEDICAL VALIDITY BEYOND ONE YEAR? IF SO, UP TO WHICH PERIOD?

REPLY:

1. No, that would never happen.
2. Yes, the VO can extend the medical for an additional year, with the concurrence of the Immigration Regional Medical Centre.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
QUESTION COULD BE SO PERSONAL OR INTIMATE !

Quote from: MaxLet on July 25, 2013, 06:23:01 pm
Some of the questions are pretty intimate... did someone experience this?

POSTED BY:

canadianwoman
VIP Member

Yeah, the visa officer asked me when I first had sex with my then boyfriend, and asked my husband who made the first move the first time.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Members visiting this thread are welcome to post any question and share any issues concerning the topic. Thanks.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
WEDDING PHOTOS DIDNT SHOW STATED NUMBER OF GUESTS BUT EVENTUALLY CLEARED THROUGH INTERVIEW:

POSTED BY PINDER123:

sorry guys have been busy in India with hubby....
So interview was very casual...we were told its a yes....ecas changed to in process on 1nd november and address changed on the 4th and decision made today waiting for PP....

STORY:

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: New Delhi

I received my notes today... I am going to India on 26th. He got called for an interview on the 29th of October...I will be there with him for the interview..I need help understanding some of these notes..I think i know the main reason for the interview....They are saying that they cant see 500 people in the wedding and saying that picutres are depicted in different areas...but in sikh wedding the ritual ceremony is held in the gurudware(temple) and then the reception part same day is in the resort.....
Assessments :
eligibility - In progress
Security - not started
Criminality - not started
Medical - Passed
counterfoil required - yes

"PL states approx 500 people attended the wedding. However photos do not depict the same. Photos do not depict the festivities taking place at the time of the wedding. As per info on file sponsors parents sibling grandparents cam for the wedding. They cohabited for 3 months after the wedding. Outgoing photos appear good. Both appear comfortable in each other company."

We went too many places more than 4 places but anyways my hubby was in UK for last two years on a work visa and he is not really unemployed he has his farming agricultural land that he takes care of...We were in touch for 10 months before we got married with proofs he was in UK at that time....I work a government job and i work double the time to get days off...you can do it only if your work permits and mine does so taking time off is not a big problem for me.....If your wife is a canadian citizen she can come to india while processing ....that should not be a problem....Spousal visa has nothing to do with unemployment....The purpose of interview is attendance of the guests we had 500 people in the wedding but the problem is the resort where the wedding took place was huge...like really huge.....it was winter in india when i got married if you know being in INdia no body sits in the hall all the guests tries to be out in sun and enjoy all the stalls outside.....but ND officers wants us to show them all the guest attendance.....so thats why they called for an interview...they mentioned rest everything is fine....i have 7 DVDS of my wedding and 4 photo albums taking them all with me to satisfy them...i am not too concerned about it .....i know my relation is very geniuine but they are idiots........

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Its been just about 12 weeks since the interview my husband had through the Paris office. Yesterday we received the notes. The last update to the notes was in mid May and it states why they needed the interview...age diff, culture, met on internet etc. Since that time there is no new updates stated in the notes...nothing at all about the interview or anything since the interview..only that security and criminality checks not started, medical received and passed and thats about it. I have no idea what to expect or why there is absolutely no updates since may.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
soblue3 said:
Its been just about 12 weeks since the interview my husband had through the Paris office. Yesterday we received the notes. The last update to the notes was in mid May and it states why they needed the interview...age diff, culture, met on internet etc. Since that time there is no new updates stated in the notes...nothing at all about the interview or anything since the interview..only that security and criminality checks not started, medical received and passed and thats about it. I have no idea what to expect or why there is absolutely no updates since may.
It is not understood why three months after interview nothing changed. Why they are taking so much time? Take it positively because you didn't find any negative update. All the best.

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
Hasan9999 said:
It is not understood why three months after interview nothing changed. Why they are taking so much time? Take it positively because you didn't find any negative update. All the best.
Thanks Hasan. Sure its better that we did not find nothing negative. Only i hope they did not make us wait till now just to say no.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
soblue3 said:
Thanks Hasan. Sure its better that we did not find nothing negative. Only i hope they did not make us wait till now just to say no.
Stay positive. More likely you will receive good news.