+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
Profiler, were you ever able to link as the sponsor? I just keep failing, so found solace in thinking that it was impossible, but now renewed stress as finding that someone reports that they linked as sponsor.... (see the response to my post in this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/link-application-help-t482323.0.html

extra stress seeing those that applied after are getting approval and so far nothing at all has changed in our status :( might need to take a break from all this but too stressed that I might miss something so now checking the forum a dozen or two times a day and CIC multiple times but that never changes :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
Profiler, were you ever able to link as the sponsor? I just keep failing, so found solace in thinking that it was impossible, but now renewed stress as finding that someone reports that they linked as sponsor.... (see the response to my post in this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/link-application-help-t482323.0.html
Ya I linked fine. Then the wife took it.

The PA can take it. Once they link to it, the file cannot be relinked.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
Ya I linked fine. Then the wife took it.

The PA can take it. Once they link to it, the file cannot be relinked.
so since my spouse is linked to the PR, I can't link to the SA part of it? good to know then, one less stress to obsess over trying over and over again

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
PA? so since my spouse is linked to the PR, I can't link to the SA part of it? good to know then, one less stress to obsess over trying over and over again
Nope. Your only view is eCAS, my friend.

This is why I have to wait for her bank card for information. She did this, so I wouldn't keep checking every day and reporting to her no change. It pissed her off...

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
What's going on with inland?

Are they really starting to issue June 2016s while there are March to May still waiting?

Come on man, I thought the old times of out of order processing were gone?

Really it's hard to find words here. After almost 10 months, my wife has no OHIP, her father died 2 weeks ago and she didn't even fly home for the funeral because the final decision on her getting back to the country is on the border agent and she got worried about it. Now they start processing applications out of order again?

This process is brutal, my wife could not even say goodbye to her dad concerned about throwing 10 months of application away. Sometimes I feel it's a crime marrying with a foreigner in this country. Definitely something has to change here, specially in a country that makes itself so proud of its immigrants.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
fabianonetto said:

Are they really starting to issue June 2016s while there are March to May still waiting?

Really it's hard to find words here. After almost 10 months, my wife has no OHIP, her father died 2 weeks ago and she didn't even fly home for the funeral because the final decision on her getting back to the country is on the border agent and she got worried about it. Now they start processing applications out of order again?

This process is brutal, my wife could not even say goodbye to her dad concerned about throwing 10 months of application away. Sometimes I feel it's a crime marrying with a foreigner in this country. Definitely something has to change here, specially in a country that makes itself so proud of its immigrants.
If the dates are accurate, I suspect it was a one-off. A case that was totally complete on the top of the pile that they could bang out in an hour. There has been no other reports.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
fabianonetto said:

Sorry to hear about your wife's Dad. That's really heartbreaking that she could not be there. What is your timeline?

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
fabianonetto said:

this set me off a bit too I must admit, stress levels are high with the waiting and so much at stake, so much wasted time sitting in limbo.... I need to go for a walk and try to get my mind off of this stuff

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
I hope not profiler

Last year was like hell for us. Our life's completely struggled. My wife has no public health. She does not speak english and also there's no way for her to study (Cause she's a hell of a visitor so international students' rates) and now this thing of her father 2 weeks ago

Man I never felt as a piece of sh... as I did the two last weeks. I called CIC waiting for an answer like "In case of a family loss she can go and return" but no what I heard was "She can go out anytime she wants but if the border agent denies her entry her application is abandoned?"

What the hell man? Abandoned cause she went to bury her father? What is the concept of family for this guys? Wish sometimes she was a refugee. Our life would be way easier....

She would have health, free english classes, assistance here, assistance there. Thank god there are foodbanks man, those are what are saving our lifes for the last 6 months....

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
browning911 said:
Sorry to hear about your wife's Dad. That's really heartbreaking that she could not be there. What is your timeline?
Inland Application Received May 30 2016
AORs in June 2016
OWP Application December 12 2016
OWP Received March 29 2017

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
volkov said:
extra stress seeing those that applied after are getting approval and so far nothing at all has changed in our status :( might need to take a break from all this but too stressed that I might miss something so now checking the forum a dozen or two times a day and CIC multiple times but that never changes :(
I feel you on that but what helps me put it in perspective is that some 2015 applicants are still waiting as well.

I get up in morning and as soon as I get to work I check my e-mail to see if SA pops up there.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
sorry to hear of your difficulties fabianonetto, hope for better times soon

agree with you on so many of the stupidities of the bureaucracy and government, so much of what they do makes no sense and is not fair

fabianonetto

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Toronto
Med's Done....
Upfront
volkov said:
sorry to hear of your difficulties fabianonetto, hope for better times soon

agree with you on so many of the stupidities of the bureaucracy and government, so much of what they do makes no sense and is not fair
Cause I pay a lot and expensive taxes but my wife has no rights

But the was a f... refugee whose family never paid a penny to support the country then it would be like " please welcome to our country. Here's free health, free education, free this, free that. Oh and don't worry about it, there are sponsors whose families have no rights that are supporting all this."

Sorry guys but we tried to keep her studying english for sometime but we couldn't handle 7 bucks an hour for a full-time course. That would have to be like 600+ a month. Impossible. And what she told me was that most of the students only went there early in the morning to sign the list and went away. Those are the people who have this for free and don't give a f.... for what they have. Lots of them only go there and sign that were "present" in order to not lose other benefits

Man seriously I'm outta here before I start BSing more.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
everything you said is right on the money fabianonetto, hard not to get frustrated... best of luck to you and hope this will all be success and behind us sooner than later

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Let's put things into perspective for a second here:
- There is hundreds of thousands of applications they are rocking through at various states of completeness. They complete hundreds of thousands of cases every single year.
- Every case has it's own unique challenges and benefits
- It was a single outlier who reported the case was complete; is it possible their checks were finished while yours are still on-going? Should they wait while yours finish, and not process any more cases?

It's easy to think with tunnelvision, and linearly. But, this isn't a linear problem. Nor is it in a tunnel. It's easy to blame the government, everyone does. But realistically, can you imagine the absolute sh!t state some of these cases come in? Browse this forum for a few days and see some of the questions asked. Look at the Dec 15 2016 Operational Bulletin, where it states they can NO LONGER ACCEPT partial or incomplete cases. They cannot afford the hit for processing time any more.

I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but I wouldn't be pissed if browning911 or volkov lands before me. Their case IS NOT THE SAME AS MINE..

But If GuyanaGirl beats us, then I will blame the voodoo!

$0.05