+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship from India

Ar

Dec 8, 2007
Situation:
My wifes currently in India & I have applied for her immigration.Following are the sequence of events so far & my questions follow after that.

1. Sent theapplication forms & relevant documents to Missisuaga on Oct 3rd, 2007
2. Received a notofication on Oct 30th on the approval of my sponsorship & the papers sent to New Delhi, India on Nov 1st for further processing.

3. NewDlehi high commission started processing my wifes papers on Nov 13th, 2007.I am able to view this information online by punching in my details. It says " in Process" on the status & the date (Nov 13th) when they started processing.

My questions:

1.When NewDelhi sends a notification requesting for my wifes passport & their decision on my file, will I be able to see the same status online? I am hoping to see something like"sent a letter on xxx date indicating the decision made". My concern is if they have already sent a letter & I still havent received it here. By viewing online, I shall know whether they have dispatched any letter or not?

2. Any light on how much longer will they take once they started processing the papers on Nov 13th?Appreciate any inputs from sponsors who have recently applied in the same timeframe as mine to India under this category ?

Thanks in advance

Ar

Dec 8, 2007
Ar said:
Situation:
My wifes currently in India & I have applied for her immigration.Following are the sequence of events so far & my questions follow after that.

1. Sent theapplication forms & relevant documents to Missisuaga on Oct 3rd, 2007
2. Received a notofication on Oct 30th on the approval of my sponsorship & the papers sent to New Delhi, India on Nov 1st for further processing.

3. NewDlehi high commission started processing my wifes papers on Nov 13th, 2007.I am able to view this information online by punching in my details. It says " in Process" on the status & the date (Nov 13th) when they started processing.

My questions:

1.When NewDelhi sends a notification requesting for my wifes passport & their decision on my file, will I be able to see the same status online? I am hoping to see something like"sent a letter on xxx date indicating the decision made". My concern is if they have already sent a letter & I still havent received it here. By viewing online, I shall know whether they have dispatched any letter or not?

2. Any light on how much longer will they take once they started processing the papers on Nov 13th?Appreciate any inputs from sponsors who have recently applied in the same timeframe as mine to India under this category ?

Thanks in advance

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
Hi AR

It all depends on the Officer processing your file as to how often they update Ecas. Were you able to see the information about them processing your file on the 13th Nov close to that date? That might give you an idea of how quickly they are updating the system.

I can't speak from personal experience but the CIC website says ND processes 80% of cases within 6 months and I think we've seen a few postings where people are receiving PR from ND around the 4 month mark.

Ar

Dec 8, 2007
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I was able to see the date (Nov 13th )when they pciekd up the file in NewDelhi but we havent receieved any notification after that.Would they be sending us an immigration file number or anything?

According to your esp when they dispatch a letter requesting for interview/additional documents woud they update such info online ? For my sponsorhip approval, I could see the details when they started processing & the date they dispatched the letter informing me of the decision made.My fear is how woudl we know if they have sent something & there is no curent way to track it?

Thanks again,
AR

PPB

Dec 25, 2008
My timelines are the same as yours. CHC-ND started processing my papers on Nov 13, 2008. And I continue to see the same status even today.

However, I received a letter (ordinary post) from CHC, ND requesting my passport and foreign travel history. I got this letter on December 5, 2008. With this package, they returned all our engagement, wedding and honeymoon pictures we had submitted to CIC, M. And CHC, ND received my passport and and foreign travel details on Dec 8.

But we have not heard back from them. My guess is that the Holiday Season has slowed down processes there.

Regards.

Situation:

My questions:

Thanks in advance

[/quote]