+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship from in Canada

I

iarblue

Mel im pretty sure the work permit comes with the first letter you recieve from immigration in Mississaga sponsor aproval.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iarblue said:
Mel im pretty sure the work permit comes with the first letter you recieve from immigration in Mississaga sponsor aproval.
You mean Vegreville right? This is an inland application.

DJsGirl

May 24, 2010
Our application was sent in right after our marriage Dec 28th 08, was processed in March granted a work permit Sept 09 and permanent residency in Nov 09. The process was smooth and quick. We had done all of the paperwork,pictures etc... since the summer of 08, including the local police and FBI clearance and included them in our application so not to hold anything up.

Mel H

May 5, 2010
iarblue said:
That is good news thanks!

Mel H

May 5, 2010
A call to the November 2009 applicants! Anyone have any updates or changes in status.

The processing times have been moving 2-3 days each week (The whole department must be on holiday!).

My status is still sitting at...

IN PROCESS
We received your application for permanent residence on November 23, 2009.
We started processing your application on February 9, 2010.

I'll let you know if I hear anything, if there is anyone else near this timing, I would love to share details!

Mel

Lana

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
14 June 2010
Hi there!
Absolutely horrible story about timeline. I've sent papers to Vagreville at the end of June 2010 by UPS. Due to UPS site the papers were delivered.
I have some questions and will appreciate if somebody can answer them.
1. Should I call to Vagreville to check if they really got my papers
2. Phone number of Vagreville service
3. How to check status later using the official site of immigration service? How long it takes to put my case in their base?

thank you very much in advance

Mel H

May 5, 2010
Lana said:
I have some questions and will appreciate if somebody can answer them.
1. Should I call to Vagreville to check if they really got my papers
2. Phone number of Vagreville service
3. How to check status later using the official site of immigration service? How long it takes to put my case in their base?
The trick is to call in and get your client number. They will only log your application in the system (which is what the phone service has access to) in about 2.5 months from you sending it. There isn't a direct number to Vegreville that you can call as far as I know. You have to call the general helpline 1(888)242 2100 - if someone knows otherwise - do tell!

Once you have your client number (and I'm not entirely sure at what point this is generated, as I already have mine from a previous visa) then you can check your status electronically (cic home page - the first button on the right box) and fill in the appropriate details there.

Good luck

Lana

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
14 June 2010
Thank you so much for your answer. Now I have more clear picture of the situation.