+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Evidence Help!

pickles04

Sep 24, 2014
Hello! We are currently in the process of gathering relationship evidence. My husband and I had an almost 4 year long-distance relationship prior to getting married and living together. We used skype everyday but used another chat program to send links to each other (we were always in call when we were both at home and would send links to each other of random things on the internet that we want to show each other, or watch tv shows together) - right now we have about 200 pages of mostly links sent to each other over the course of our relationship - should we include that in the proof of relationship?

If so, how should we compress it so it's not 200 pages of just random links sent to each other?

Apart from this, we also have couple hundred pages of Skype logs and Facebook messages.

Thanks for your help!

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
I would instead recommend getting the Skype call logs if you can. They will be more meaningful in my opinion (if you spent 3 hours talking it would be more meaningful then 10 links sent to each other over 3 hours).

How long do your Skype logs go back?

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
I've used Skype view log to incoming and outgoing calls from each other, printed some emails and took some conversations on whatsapp from different times. It was about 40 pages all.
It's enough on my understanding.

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Hi... this is so hard to do I remember doing it not too long ago!!

I included 100 pages of whats app chats! Double sided of course. It is more meaningful to include conversation or proof of skype logs for sure. However, I would send whatever you feel you want too. I also in the additional information to support your relationship is genuine..... part.... I wrote stuff just like you did in your post. I detailed what our daily communications looked like and also stated what form of communication we used. I include the bills for the internet that I paid for him from his country and the phone credit when I topped up his phone.

I had over 15 items of evidence and I made up an appendix to document them so they were easy to find and in the appendix document I explained what they were and the reason for submitting it.

Hope this helps... the application process is so hard. It took me quite a few months to make sure I was ready before I submitted it. :)

pickles04

Sep 24, 2014
Sheps said:
I would instead recommend getting the Skype call logs if you can. They will be more meaningful in my opinion (if you spent 3 hours talking it would be more meaningful then 10 links sent to each other over 3 hours).

How long do your Skype logs go back?
We have about 200 pages of Skype logs (not double-sided) - we spend about 10 hours on call every day (by the time he gets off work until its time to go to work etc). We just wanted to show that not only were we just sitting around talking, but we also did things with each other as much as a long-distance relationship would allow (showing things to each other online and watching shows at the same time). We have records of Skype logs dating to early 2013, but we haven't dug up my husband's old laptop to try to recover the skype logs from that.

Thanks for your input!

pickles04

Sep 24, 2014
Sunkissed814 said:
Hi... this is so hard to do I remember doing it not too long ago!!

I included 100 pages of whats app chats! Double sided of course. It is more meaningful to include conversation or proof of skype logs for sure. However, I would send whatever you feel you want too. I also in the additional information to support your relationship is genuine..... part.... I wrote stuff just like you did in your post. I detailed what our daily communications looked like and also stated what form of communication we used. I include the bills for the internet that I paid for him from his country and the phone credit when I topped up his phone.

I had over 15 items of evidence and I made up an appendix to document them so they were easy to find and in the appendix document I explained what they were and the reason for submitting it.

Hope this helps... the application process is so hard. It took me quite a few months to make sure I was ready before I submitted it. :)
Thanks for your input! We are finding it hard to gather all the evidence! I'm at about 80 pages just from photos alone. :)

Sunkissed814

Star Member
Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
File Transfer...
26-03-2015
Med's Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
01-09-2014
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
pickles04 said:
Thanks for your input! We are finding it hard to gather all the evidence! I'm at about 80 pages just from photos alone. :)
Oh yes, we submitted 156 4x6 photos... all with labels on the back, stating date taken, name of people in picture, where it was taken and what occasion it was. Every little detail counts! :)