+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship and Refugee case

Smurx23

Nov 27, 2013
Hey,
I would really appreciate someone's help with my situation. I live in Ontario Canada. I sponsored my husband from Pakistan, sent in the application at the end of July of 2013. Long story short, his life was in danger in Paksitan, there was lots going on, also the fact that he belongs to a sect that's persecuted in Pakistan. There are blasphemy laws against that sect. All that put together he left Pakistan with his mother and sister and went to Thailand to do a refugee case through the UNHCR , refugee placement program. My question was, is it possible to have both the refugee case from Thailand and the sponsorship application i sent for him while he was in Pakistan to go on at the same time. So once one of them is approved he could come to Canada on either the spousal sponsorship or the refugee case. Or does his refugee case starting in Thailand put a stop to the sponsorship application. And also which one would get approved faster? Because thy have family here and a community willing to support them once they file they refugee case. And I think it will benefit his mother and sister if they claimed the refugee case together as a family, because he believes his spousal sponsorship will get approved much faster then his refugee case. He wants to stay in Thailand as a tourist until his sponsorship case is passed. But I believe he should claims refugee case along with his family it'll benefit all of them. And he won't have to go back to Pakistan, too dangerous for him. Also just like to add i got a reply from cic saying they had transfered his spousal sponsorship file to London uk from islamabad Pakistan, then after I asked them a question they replied back saying the file was not in London but in mississauga... Confused. Any help to answer these questions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!'