+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal PR is progress - Visitor visa was refused- Will it affect PR application process timelines?

MohitNAgarwal

Mar 29, 2017
Hi All,

I have a query,I am a Canadian PR card holder, recently I applied for my spouse PR and after I got the AOR from CIC, I also applied for her Visitor visa stating that she wants to visit for couple of months while her PR is being processed. I also provided her application number and UCI number in the invite letter. The visa was refused stating that CIC considers that my spouse will not leave Canada and also newly married couples should apply for spousal PR. I know couple of people (my friends) who tried the same and they got the visa for their spouses while their PR application was in process.

My question is since her visitor visa is now refused, will this affect her PR application timelines? I am a bit worried about the same. Both of my applications contains 100% true data and there is no scope of any wrong or fake details entered in the application.

Can somebody please clear my concerns?

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have a query,I am a Canadian PR card holder, recently I applied for my spouse PR and after I got the AOR from CIC, I also applied for her Visitor visa stating that she wants to visit for couple of months while her PR is being processed. I also provided her application number and UCI number in the invite letter. The visa was refused stating that CIC considers that my spouse will not leave Canada and also newly married couples should apply for spousal PR. I know couple of people (my friends) who tried the same and they got the visa for their spouses while their PR application was in process.

My question is since her visitor visa is now refused, will this affect her PR application timelines? I am a bit worried about the same. Both of my applications contains 100% true data and there is no scope of any wrong or fake details entered in the application.

Can somebody please clear my concerns?

Thanks.
No effect on processing TRV refusal is very common during spousal sponsorship.