+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit Application Case:Rejected and Re-Open

bbq2001

Nov 27, 2012
Hi, I have a little complicated case that need help.
My wife is a holder of PGWP and will be expired after two years. My PGWP is expired already. I submitted my spousal open work permit application. Last week, I received a letter from CIC and saying that my application was rejected because I do not have a LMO from HRSDC.

The next day, I called CIC call center and they told me the reason is that they are unable to verify NOC skill type of my wife's job. I told CIC call center lady that I wrote down on the cover letter that my wife's job NOC number is NOC 1231 and NOC 1241. The lady help me to search the NOC 1231 and unfortunately she cannot find it. She provide me a HRSDC number to confirm my wife NOC skill type and call back. They will re-open the case for me.

I called that number and figure out the problem. The NOC 1231 does exist in NOC2006 version but does not exist in NOC2011 version. In NOC2011 version, the NOC1231 changed to NOC1311. I guess the CIC office using the NOC2011 version right now. In this case, he is unable to find the NOC1231 in his new version and unable to verify my wife's NOC skill type. I even called the person who wrote the NOC 2011. She called me back later to confirm NOC2006 and NOC 2011 both used by CIC officer and these two version are both acceptable.

I called back CIC call center and tell them the NOC version difference and exactly my wife's job skill type is B. The lady tell me that she will send message to CIC in AB and CIC officer will consider re-open my case. I will receive the confirmation in 30 days(whether the application is approved or not).

Today, when I called 1(888)-242-2100, the auto service system tell me that my application was received on a specific date and no more further information. It did not say the application is re-opened or approved such such. Now I am worried. It is the whole story.

Have any dear friend had the similar situation before? What is the chance that CIC office will reopen my case and have my spousal open work permit approved? How long does it usually take to re-open the case?

Thank you for your time to read my story.

God bless you guys.

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
I am not sure about reopening the case. I am not sure but in your case you had be better off if you apply again.

bbq2001

Nov 27, 2012
Summerr said:
I am not sure about reopening the case. I am not sure but in your case you had be better off if you apply again.
Hi Summerr,

Thank you for your reply.

I am wondering that if I got rejected again,

1. should I apply for restoration status and new application of spousal open work permit at same time?

2. Should I apply for restoration status first? After I have my restoration permit, then I should re-submit my application of spousal open work permit.

3. Should I apply for LMO instead of re-applying spousal open work permit?

Which one is better for next step after rejection?

Thank you

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
I would like some experienced member to address this query. :-[.