+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal inland sponsorship

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
I have a question regarding inland spousal sponsorship. Spouse enters Canada having visitor visa. When applied for visitor visa, he had to assure that his travel was planned to last, for example, for 3 weeks, and then he will leave Canada. How after that to go to inland spousal sponsorship? Will they ask about changing your mind? Why didn't leave as promised?

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
I have a question regarding inland spousal sponsorship. Spouse enters Canada having visitor visa. When applied for visitor visa, he had to assure that his travel was planned to last, for example, for 3 weeks, and then he will leave Canada. How after that to go to inland spousal sponsorship? Will they ask about changing your mind? Why didn't leave as promised?
Hi,

I looked into the same question. Spouse needs to be on valid status in canada through sponsorship process. U will nee to extend visitor visa. Later u will be able to get working permit. Also, if u plan to do inland sponsorship, spouse needs to stay in canada. If you cross border while getting sponsored this can create issues as well

Iloveqinqin

Mar 20, 2018
Was his passport got stamped? If not, he can stay in Canada for 180 days legally. If you submitted the In-Canada Class with OWP, he will be implied status. While IRCC revewing your case, he is stay in Canada legally.

If you are really want to make sure, like me, I have submitted the Visa Extension Application as well.

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
I know, that when applying for inland sponsorship, you can apply for OWP at the same time. I'm more concerned about another issue. When he applied for visitor visa, he claimed that he is going to stay in Canada for 3 weeks (during his vacation) and then leave Canada and continue to work in his home country (without this claim he wouldn't be issued a visitor visa). But when he gets in Canada, he doesn't leave in 3 weeks and we apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Of course, he is in legal status in Canada, because it is allowed to stay for 180 days, but this is not what he claimed initially. Can this cause any problems?