No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
Hello Expert- Need help to understand GCMS Notes

Finally received my GCMS notes today. On my File status is shows PUTAWAY as below. What does it means?

PAPER FILE
Office:
Paper File #:pUTAWAY

kasmusrob

Jul 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad/ottawa/london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
02-04-2013
Med's Request
03 march 2015
Med's Done....
20-09-2012 03 march 2015
Interview........
march19 2015 passed
Passport Req..
got visa on interview
VISA ISSUED...
in interview
LANDED..........
may 2015 inshaallah
neepk said:

Finally received my GCMS notes today. On my File status is shows PUTAWAY as below. What does it means?

PAPER FILE
Office:
as I think don't worry about it.your main concern is is your eligibility start or what's written in then end of pages officers notes.

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ( my file did not move to uk)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
13 Nov,2013 , in process from : feb 5, 2015
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
Mazshai said:
Happy new year to everyone here
Salam. Jazakallah . Naveed

Marchlove

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
from Isl to Lvo in May 2014
Med's Request
September 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
waived Pcc request on n 9 feb 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
neepk said:

PAPER FILE
Office:
see due date
check last part of ur notes thats are most important
see transfers date and
last activity on ur file

happilymarried26

Sep 20, 2012
Hello,

I have also been following this thread for a very long time, and am deciding to share my timeline.

I am in Canada, sponsoring my husband who is in Pakistan.

Sponsorship Application = Decision Made

File sent to Ottawa: May 10, 2012
Application received: May 18, 2012
In Process: August 21, 2012
Decision made: October 25, 2012
(still have not received in writing about the decision made, even after numerous requests. do I need it?)

Permanent Residence Application = Decision Made
L
O
N
G
T
I
M
E
G
A
P
Went to Pakistan: March 2013
Came back to Canada: December 2013
Application transferred to London:April 11, 2014 (ONLY after many many many requests to speed things up as I was pregnant and due to deliver next month)
Had my baby: May 2014 :D
Additional docs requested: May 15, 2014 (New Schedule A/Background Declaration form, Marriage certificate, Police Clearance, Client information, Rights of Permanent Residence Fee)
Application In process: October 8, 2014 (it said they started processing at this time- which I highly doubt since they requested additional docs back in May ::))
Medical requested: October 9, 2014
Medical received: October 25th, 2014
Decision Made: January 1, 2015

It's been a long wait, but Alhamdulillah, we have gotten this far.
and as you can see, transferring to london has helped my case.
Will be meeting my husband next month finally after one year ;)
and he will be meeting his daughter for the first time. ;D
Please make dua for us.

My questions are:
1) The letter I was supposed to receive October 25th 2012, should I continue to ask for it or just leave it? I called the center and the lady told me it wasn't that important, so I had dropped this issue.
2) What are the next steps?
3) Do you think our applications has been approved? On Ecas we have been told: A decision has been made on [applicant]'s application. The office will contact [applicant] concerning this decision. Will they be mailing a letter? How long now? Do you see any reason why it could be rejected?

gcmsnotespuzzle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Doc's Request.
01-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
02-24-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
happilymarried26 said:
Hello,

I have also been following this thread for a very long time, and am deciding to share my timeline.

I am in Canada, sponsoring my husband who is in Pakistan.

Sponsorship Application = Decision Made

File sent to Ottawa: May 10, 2012
In Process: August 21, 2012
Decision made: October 25, 2012
(still have not received in writing about the decision made, even after numerous requests. do I need it?)

Permanent Residence Application = Decision Made
L
O
N
G
T
I
M
E
G
A
P
Went to Pakistan: March 2013
Came back to Canada: December 2013
Application transferred to London:April 11, 2014 (ONLY after many many many requests to speed things up as I was pregnant and due to deliver next month)
Had my baby: May 2014 :D
Additional docs requested: May 15, 2014 (New Schedule A/Background Declaration form, Marriage certificate, Police Clearance, Client information, Rights of Permanent Residence Fee)
Application In process: October 8, 2014 (it said they started processing at this time- which I highly doubt since they requested additional docs back in May ::))
Medical requested: October 9, 2014
Medical received: October 25th, 2014
Decision Made: January 1, 2015

It's been a long wait, but Alhamdulillah, we have gotten this far.
and as you can see, transferring to london has helped my case.
Will be meeting my husband next month finally after one year ;)
and he will be meeting his daughter for the first time. ;D
Please make dua for us.

My questions are:
1) The letter I was supposed to receive October 25th 2012, should I continue to ask for it or just leave it? I called the center and the lady told me it wasn't that important, so I had dropped this issue.
2) What are the next steps?
3) Do you think our applications has been approved? On Ecas we have been told: A decision has been made on [applicant]'s application. The office will contact [applicant] concerning this decision. Will they be mailing a letter? How long now? Do you see any reason why it could be rejected?
First of all, congratulations on the baby (and decisions made). Here is what I think ( based on my reading of this thread and some others)
1) You could request for that letter through case specific enquiry. They will have to answer in writing within a month to two (within 30 days but they are usually late). You could keep that as proof if you want. Call center people don't have much powers. GCMS notes also will show you that your application was approved (again will take over 30 days; and good luck understanding them)
2) If all OK so far(no docs or clarifications required),next step should be re-medical, interview(may or may not be happen, not very common) and passport request, altogether may take couple of months (provided every thing went well)
3)You will find details shortly ; usually within a few days.It should be in the mail or email already depending on the the preference you provided for communication. It is difficult to say on rejection/approval without knowing all the details. I wish you all the best.

I am sorry that you had to go through all this. A few years back when I immigrated, I was disappointed with the settlement process of Skilled immigrants and what they had to go through. It was such a shame and it still is. Now I have seen this sponsorship mess closely and what people have been put through by our own elected government.I am not angry, I am rather disappointed and feel being let down.I hope things work out for everyone going through this emotional suffering.

happilymarried26

Sep 20, 2012
gcmsnotespuzzle said:
First of all, congratulations on the baby (and decisions made). Here is what I think ( based on my reading of this thread and some others)
1) You could request for that letter through case specific enquiry. They will have to answer in writing within a month to two (within 30 days but they are usually late). You could keep that as proof if you want. Call center people don't have much powers. GCMS notes also will show you that your application was approved (again will take over 30 days; and good luck understanding them)
2) If all OK so far(no docs or clarifications required),next step should be re-medical, interview(may or may not be happen, not very common) and passport request, altogether may take couple of months (provided every thing went well)
3)You will find details shortly ; usually within a few days.It should be in the mail or email already depending on the the preference you provided for communication. It is difficult to say on rejection/approval without knowing all the details. I wish you all the best.

I am sorry that you had to go through all this. A few years back when I immigrated, I was disappointed with the settlement process of Skilled immigrants and what they had to go through. It was such a shame and it still is. Now I have seen this sponsorship mess closely and what people have been put through by our own elected government.I am not angry, I am rather disappointed and feel being let down.I hope things work out for everyone going through this emotional suffering.
Thank you for your kind words. When I think about how long it has been, I also get disappointed, but I reassure myself that this is Allah's plan and everything is proceeding how he wants to, or else it wouldn't be happening this way. I may understand the reasoning behind His plans, and I do get frustrated at times, but putting my faith and trust in Allah keeps me sane, especially when it comes to raising my little one alone.

Alhamdulillah. Our re-medical has been completed in October. It seems to me that the next step will be straight to PPR in sha Allah, without interview as our decision has been made. Will definitely update as soon as my husband receives something.

May Allah azzawajal grant me, and all those waiting with me, the patience needed until we are reunited with our families. I hope everyone gets all their prayers accepted <3

sahar habib

Dec 22, 2010
Alhumdullilah i have got PPR2 and i have sent Passport to ISB.

Question:

I had a baby( birth outside canada) in Pakistan (By birth citizen) , i have applied for citizenship certificate thorough Karachi consulate beach luxury hotel. As per information its a 9 or more month process for citizenship certificate but my husband will get the Passport with visa stamp in next 2 or more months after which we have to move to canada.

Question here , how to my child can travel to canada , i have heard about limited validity passport. If anyone applied for it please guide me.

Thank you

Mazshai

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
Doc's Request.
Waiting
File Transfer...
19-06-2014
Med's Request
January 2015
Med's Done....
January 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Finally my husband got response from LVO they asked 2 things
1 why ur spouse is older than u it's unsuspecting in pakistani man to marry an older woman
2 ur visa for study was refused in 2012 y u did not continue ur study in Pakistan ( my husband applied for student visa before our marriage )

Ok what should we reply to them to prove our relationship geniun
And also we now we have our baby too
In fact I'm not older than him his date of birth is incorrect in documents but we canot tell them right? Plz help me what should we reply

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
Mazshai said:
1 why ur spouse is older than u it's unsuspecting in pakistani man to marry an older woman
2 ur visa for study was refused in 2012 y u did not continue ur study in Pakistan ( my husband applied for student visa before our marriage )

In fact I'm not older than him his date of birth is incorrect in documents but we canot tell them right? Plz help me what should we reply
Well these are the issues I had been highlighting before, people in pakistan look for shortcuts and so jeopardise there application process....

anyways send them an email explaining them it is not mandatotory to have wife younger than husband, being a muslim we are allowed to marry woman older thn man.....and since I loved her age doesnt matter (But make sure whether you mentioned love marriage or arranged marriage in your application forms).... its common in Pakistan that people they dont mention their right age in the birth certificate, but its totally wrong.... please dont mention that the wrong age is mentioned in the documents....

Secondly when applied for student visa did your spouse applied for admission in any university in canada... if yes in what program..... like you can tell them that it is my spouse wish to attain the desired qualification from Canada... as canadian have better standard of education.... but it is mandatory to apply for student visa after acceptance form university in canada...

Mazshai

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
Doc's Request.
Waiting
File Transfer...
19-06-2014
Med's Request
January 2015
Med's Done....
January 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
mahmudp said:
Well these are the issues I had been highlighting before, people in pakistan look for shortcuts and so jeopardise there application process....

anyways send them an email explaining them it is not mandatotory to have wife younger than husband, being a muslim we are allowed to marry woman older thn man.....and since I loved her age doesnt matter (But make sure whether you mentioned love marriage or arranged marriage in your application forms).... its common in Pakistan that people they dont mention their right age in the birth certificate, but its totally wrong.... please dont mention that the wrong age is mentioned in the documents....

Secondly when applied for student visa did your spouse applied for admission in any university in canada... if yes in what program..... like you can tell them that it is my spouse wish to attain the desired qualification from Canada... as canadian have better standard of education.... but it is mandatory to apply for student visa after acceptance form university in canada...
And also my mother is older than my dad and my mother inlaw is older than my father in law can we mention that too?

mahmudp

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-13
AOR Received.
11-01-14
File Transfer...
27-01-14
Med's Request
3-11-14
Med's Done....
20-11-14
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16-12-14
Mazshai said:
And also my mother is older than my dad and my mother inlaw is older than my father in law can we mention that too?
well i don't think you need to mention about everyone... you dont want the visa officer to get confused.... simply mention in your reply, "we agree the trend in Pakistan to have younger wives, however it is not mandatory, our religion and law allows us to marry women older than men, as the literacy rate is improving in Pakistan and educated people they understand there is nothing wrong in marrying a wife older thn husband."

Also for your second question please share the qualification of your spouse and the name of college university he or she attended, we may be able to address the other issue as well....

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
Mazshai said:

were you guys relatives?

gcmsnotespuzzle

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad to London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2013
Doc's Request.
01-07-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
02-24-2013
Med's Request
19-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
handsup said:
were you guys relatives?
I would respond it this way:

1- you wouldnt have a baby if the relationship was not geniun.
2- It is just stereotype; I know several people who got married in Pakistan, still happily married, live in Pak and their wives are older them them. A few years different does not mean much if otherwise it is a good match.
3- There is no point wasting time and money on Pakistani education when it does not really mean much to Canadian employers. You have to re-qualify anyways. so you guys decided for him to come here first and then evaluate his options.