+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

sonammmmmm

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi everyone i was asked to give relationship proof and I didn’t got any notification saying file was transferred but email address where i was suppose to send documents was of etobicoke. I uploaded documents on 21 march 2019. No updates yet. Does anyone knows what would be next

m96

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We submitted our spousal outland application on Dec. 5th and got aor on Feb 1st. Nothing has happened after that (No SA, ... ). I called CIC today and they told the application is transferred to Etobicoke form Nova Scotia and a physical mail has been sent to the sponsor's address and they said it takes 6 weeks for the letter to be delivered. I was wondering why they did that?
And how we can call the Etobicoke office?

inlandsp2018

May 1, 2019
Hi Everyone,

We submitted our spousal outland application on Dec. 5th and got aor on Feb 1st. Nothing has happened after that (No SA, ... ). I called CIC today and they told the application is transferred to Etobicoke form Nova Scotia and a physical mail has been sent to the sponsor's address and they said it takes 6 weeks for the letter to be delivered. I was wondering why they did that?
And how we can call the Etobicoke office?
Hi m96,

Files gets transferred between offices for 2 reason.

1. Sharing work load - If this is the case i would say u have noting to worry and as ur still under 12 months i would not worry.
2. Further assignment - this is when the current office have some questions addressed and wants the local office to investigate further and this generally take extra time.And end up with interview at the office. Some time it takes more than a year depending on the IRCC office.

Do you live in Toronto area ? Order ur GCMS note. it will tell you the reason your file was transfer.

That would be a good place to start.

Reactions: Sunny@dawn

m96

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Thank for the reply.
My wife who is sponsoring me is living in Toronto. Our application is Outland and I am the principal applicant. They have not started the PA's application. I think they are checking the SA.
We have not been given a SA. So, they want to interview the sponsor?

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
hi my brother file transferred to Etobicoke on 27 sep 2018 till then no reply he even applied work permit its been more than a month no reply and Gcm notes more than a month no reply what should we do?

m96

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
hi my brother file transferred to Etobicoke on 27 sep 2018 till then no reply he even applied work permit its been more than a month no reply and Gcm notes more than a month no reply what should we do?
IS it inland?
Did you get SA?

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi open work permit is from 3-4 months processing, GCSM notes sometimes more than a month and just wait for the GCSM notes to see what’s going on.

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi open work permit is from 3-4 months processing, GCSM notes sometimes more than a month and just wait for the GCSM notes to see what’s going on.
its been more than 4 months i got no reply on gcm notes did they give you some tracking of Gcm notes?

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.