+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Application - AOR Wait time

Kpatel24

May 18, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen by birth and I recently (April 27th) submitted a spousal visa application for my wife in India. Does anyone know how long it roughly takes to receive an AOR? I have googled this information but the answers I am finding various from weeks to several months, so it's quite confusing.

Does anyone have any insights on this?

Thank you,

Lisawalker

May 15, 2023
Hello,

The processing times for spousal visa applications can vary depending on various factors such as the country of application, the workload of the visa office, and the completeness of the application. While I don't have access to real-time information on current processing times, I can provide you with some general insights.

Typically, after submitting a spousal visa application, you should receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) from the visa office. The AOR is a confirmation that your application has been received and is being processed. The timeframe to receive the AOR can vary, as you mentioned, from weeks to several months.

The Canadian immigration authorities aim to process spousal sponsorship applications within a target timeframe, which is usually around 12 months. However, it's important to note that this is just an approximate processing time, and individual cases may vary.

To get more accurate and up-to-date information about the processing times for spousal visa applications from India, it is recommended to visit the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or contact their helpline or local visa office. They will have the most accurate and current information regarding processing times and can provide you with more insights specific to your case.

It's also worth mentioning that delays can occur due to various reasons, such as additional document requests, security checks, or the need for further verifications. It's important to be patient throughout the process and ensure that you have submitted a complete and accurate application to minimize any potential delays.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023