+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL applicants/sponsors, who have been through interview....

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
If you are a Spousal applicant/Sponsor who has recently gone through the interview process, will be grateful to learn & prepare from your experience.

- what was your VO and where was your interview held?
- how is the process initiated? You get an email request for interview? Shows up on IRCC account?
- do they give an appointment date/time....OR applicants have the flexibility to schedule it online (like scheduling for biometrics)?
- appointments dates are available few weeks ahead or 1,3, 6, 12 months ahead?
- how long does the interview last? 30-45 mins, 1-2hrs?
- do they simply repeat questions asked in the form? Like...how did you meet? Did your family knew each other? Etc Etc...Any new questions?
- how soon CIC tracker gets updates/asks for next step..... after the interview? I guess next, they'd ask for medical?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are a Spousal applicant/Sponsor who has recently gone through the interview process, will be grateful to learn & prepare from your experience.

- how is the process initiated? You get an email request for interview? Shows up on IRCC account?
- do they give an appointment date/time....OR applicants have the flexibility to schedule it online (like scheduling for biometrics)?
- appointments dates are available few weeks ahead or 1,3, 6, 12 months ahead?
- how long does the interview last? 30-45 mins, 1-2hrs?
- do they simply repeat questions asked in the form? Like...how did you meet? Did your family knew each other? Etc Etc...Any new questions?
- how soon CIC tracker gets updates/asks for next step..... after the interview? I guess next, they'd ask for medical?

Thank you
I'll help with two questions.

- You are given a fixed time and date. You do not have the flexibility to schedule yourself.
- How soon next steps happen varies very widely and depends on your case. Some hear immediately (within a few days) and others wait months.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I'm going to answer a question with a question - have you been invited to an interview / have some specific concrete reason to think you will be?

Interviews are fairly rare. Pointless to prepare for one unless you have a very solid reason to believe you have one coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I'll help with two questions.

- You are given a fixed time and date. You do not have the flexibility to schedule yourself.
- How soon next steps happen varies very widely and depends on your case. Some hear immediately (within a few days) and others wait months.
Thank you for your comment about fixed date for appointment.

Once again, requesting anyone who has been invited for INTERVIEW and has gone through it, specially requesting you to share your specific experiences as outlined in the top most message in this page.
Either on this page or in private message.

SpousalPR2023

Aug 11, 2024
Reactions: InfoSeeker12