+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship out of status (HELP!)

MariaIzabel

Dec 22, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm new here and would like help from someone more experienced than my husband and I... we applied for the sponsorship process in February 2020 but my package came back, in this return of the package, I lost my status in Canada because I applied 1 month before my visa expires. We resent the package in March 2020. In June I was asked to pay for the biometrics and it was paid the same day. We were without any news until February 11, 2021 when my husband received an email saying he was eligible for the lawsuit. We thought the delay was because of covid, but we saw that it was taking too long and in October 2021 we decided to send a webform and found that the IRCC sent 3 emails over the course of 2020 and 2021 to the wrong email ( stopped writing 1 letter in the email) we asked to resend the emails and so far nothing. (We have already sent several webforms). I'm desperate and I know that's not normal… I haven't done the biometrics or the exams so far, and I haven't received the work because I'm out of status (I didn't receive this news from them, I found out myself on the internet) Can I get reimbursement for the work permit? can anyone help me with any tips about my situation?

does anyone know about the waiting time of a person out of status in canada? I just know it's different from a person who did it right.

I used Google translator I'm sorry for any error.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I'm new here and would like help from someone more experienced than my husband and I... we applied for the sponsorship process in February 2020 but my package came back, in this return of the package, I lost my status in Canada because I applied 1 month before my visa expires. We resent the package in March 2020. In June I was asked to pay for the biometrics and it was paid the same day. We were without any news until February 11, 2021 when my husband received an email saying he was eligible for the lawsuit. We thought the delay was because of covid, but we saw that it was taking too long and in October 2021 we decided to send a webform and found that the IRCC sent 3 emails over the course of 2020 and 2021 to the wrong email ( stopped writing 1 letter in the email) we asked to resend the emails and so far nothing. (We have already sent several webforms). I'm desperate and I know that's not normal… I haven't done the biometrics or the exams so far, and I haven't received the work because I'm out of status (I didn't receive this news from them, I found out myself on the internet) Can I get reimbursement for the work permit? can anyone help me with any tips about my situation?

does anyone know about the waiting time of a person out of status in canada? I just know it's different from a person who did it right.

I used Google translator I'm sorry for any error.
What do you mean by "eligible for the lawsuit"? Which lawsuit are you referring to here?

Have you ordered your GCMS notes?

Do you know what information or requests the 3 emails contained?

MariaIzabel

Dec 22, 2021
What do you mean by "eligible for the lawsuit"? Which lawsuit are you referring to here?

My husband received an email saying that he was eligible to be my sponsor. I don't know what was in the 3 emails because they haven't sent me back yet. We are looking for a lawyer but we do not know if it is the best option and we apply it for the Sponsorship process - Spouse, common-law partner in Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband received an email saying that he was eligible to be my sponsor. I don't know what was in the 3 emails because they haven't sent me back yet. We are looking for a lawyer but we do not know if it is the best option and we apply it for the Sponsorship process - Spouse, common-law partner in Canada
I still don't understand what you mean by "lawsuit"? Was that a typo?

Reactions: MariaIzabel