Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-04-2016
Hi All,

I am Canadian and sponsoring my husband. Our little boy is also Canadian (through me).

My question 1 is- on the Generic Application, the number of family members included is... 2 husband and son(?) I believe I don't count myself- do I count our son although he's Canadian?

Question 2: Do I as Sponsor also fill out the immigration form Schedule A?

Question 3: I am worried my sponsor application may be refused, because I am currently a student (PhD) and don't have a full-time work history behind me. How can I show them I am / will be employable in Canada. I can't show any proof of employment because the application will take at least 6 months, and who advertises jobs that far in advance!

Question 4: If we apply now, end of Feb and we've written on the application we wish to go to Canada in August of this year- Is it possible (if the application is progressing) that we move to Canada in the summer and I can start working, and my husband can be there on a visitor's visa caring for our son awaiting permission? Or do we need to really wait-it-out in Israel until his PR comes through?

Thank you so much for any advice offered!
BAR82

fr33z3n

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
BAR82 said:
Hi All,

I am Canadian and sponsoring my husband. Our little boy is also Canadian (through me).

My question 1 is- on the Generic Application, the number of family members included is... 2 husband and son(?) I believe I don't count myself- do I count our son although he's Canadian?

Question 2: Do I as Sponsor also fill out the immigration form Schedule A?

Question 3: I am worried my sponsor application may be refused, because I am currently a student (PhD) and don't have a full-time work history behind me. How can I show them I am / will be employable in Canada. I can't show any proof of employment because the application will take at least 6 months, and who advertises jobs that far in advance!

Question 4: If we apply now, end of Feb and we've written on the application we wish to go to Canada in August of this year- Is it possible (if the application is progressing) that we move to Canada in the summer and I can start working, and my husband can be there on a visitor's visa caring for our son awaiting permission? Or do we need to really wait-it-out in Israel until his PR comes through?

Thank you so much for any advice offered!
BAR82
Q1. if your son is already a Canadian Citizen then there is only one applicant, your husband.
Q2. The applicant should fill this out not the sponsor
Q3. Although a minimum income is not required, you will need to show that you are able to support your partner and take care of all his financial needs.
Q4. By august, your husband will need an eTA to travel to canada. you can both travel to canada and stay there while your application is being processed outland.

BAR82

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Tel Aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-04-2016
To fr33z3n,
Thank you very much for your response to my questions. That's been very helpful for me!

todah,
BAR82