+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORSHIP FOR SPOUSE

GAOH

Jan 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

I'm about to prepare the forms for my wife to sponsor her to Canada, I have visited Immigration's website, I have one questions about the forms that need to be filled.

The Form IMM5523E (relationship information and sponsorship evaluation), should I (sponsor) and my wife (principle applicant) must fill each one this form (two forms in total) or we can fill one form only ?

Thank you

Henry

GAOH

Jan 16, 2017
Thank you for your answer, but part C should be filled by me and my wife ? do you mean that we must fill each one individually part C ? or we, together, fill one time part C ?

hmt411

Feb 20, 2017
GAOH said:
Hi Guys,

I'm about to prepare the forms for my wife to sponsor her to Canada, I have visited Immigration's website, I have one questions about the forms that need to be filled.

The Form IMM5523E (relationship information and sponsorship evaluation), should I (sponsor) and my wife (principle applicant) must fill each one this form (two forms in total) or we can fill one form only ?

Thank you

Henry
Henry, I just posted a reply to someone else's post which is similar to yours. Hope this helps. Here's what I wrote:

-----

I'm planning to be sponsored by my spouse too thru spousal sponsorship. This is what I'm doing:

Applying from inland (inside Canada), I downloaded 3 sets of application packages:

1. Application package for the SPONSOR (the forms you wrote on your post)
A person needs to be approved by Canada to be able to sponsor his/her spouse. So this is basically the person who has a PR or Canadian citizenship is applying to become a sponsor.

2. Application package for the PERSON BEING SPONSORED
The person being sponsored must also fill out application to apply for a PR STATUS under the Spousal Sponsorship

3. Application package to apply for work permit while waiting for the PR process
I need to apply for this because I will be on a tourist visa there when we submit all of our applications. This is basically applying for a work permit so I can work while waiting for my PR application process. This is ALSO to get a change of status, so that even if my stay permit as a visitor in Canada expires, but my PR process has not yet complete, I can still remain in Canada legally thanks to this change of status.

All of these applications are downloaded from CIC website. I'm sure you can find them easily.

We will submit these 3 sets of application forms all together.

The forms you wrote there seem to be just for the Sponsor. Don't forget you need forms for the sponsored person as well. So if you are sponsoring your spouse, dont forget the other 2 application packages I wrote (point 2 and 3).

That's our plan. Hope this helps.

-----

I hope you can find some more info from what I wrote, Henry. Good luck with your process!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GAOH said:
Thank you for your answer, but part C should be filled by me and my wife ? do you mean that we must fill each one individually part C ? or we, together, fill one time part C ?
You fill out ONE copy of the form together.