+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORSHIP DENIAL / REFUGGE CLAIMANT

mdeurite

Nov 6, 2016
Hello everyone.
I live in Africa. my husband who is a permanent resident of Canada tried to sponsor me and our child. but the application was denied because CIC claimed he didnt inform them that he was married when he became a landed immigrant. so my application was denied.

there after i applied for a US visa and i was granted a 2 years multiple and i proceeded to the USA with my daughter. my husband visit me in USA regularly.

Now am planing to cross over to Canada and declare refugee.
my fear and question is my chances if i decided to seek refugee status, will they accept my claim, will it not affect my husband?

i need advice please.

thank you

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I would be concerned that as he didn't declare you on his initial application, you wouldn't be able to overcome the requirements for having family in Canada. I suspect, because of that, they won't allow you to use him as a family in Canada and you would be returned to the US to claim refugee status there.

Robemaster

Dec 14, 2016
Don't do it. Instead apply as a student and meet all the necessary requirements. You don't wanna go the refugee route

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mdeurite said:
Hello everyone.
I live in Africa. my husband who is a permanent resident of Canada tried to sponsor me and our child. but the application was denied because CIC claimed he didnt inform them that he was married when he became a landed immigrant. so my application was denied.

there after i applied for a US visa and i was granted a 2 years multiple and i proceeded to the USA with my daughter. my husband visit me in USA regularly.

Now am planing to cross over to Canada and declare refugee.
my fear and question is my chances if i decided to seek refugee status, will they accept my claim, will it not affect my husband?

i need advice please.

thank you
This won't work due to the Safe Third Country Agreement. You won't qualify under the exception since your husband failed to declare you when he immigrated and you aren't recognized as family. You'll need to find a different route for immigrating to Canada.