+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring under FAMILY CLASS for OTHER RELATIVE living in Philippines

CarrieAntonio

Sep 18, 2013
Nica_1012: After we have submitted all required docs and medical results on Nov., 2013, we didn't hear anything from CEM. There was nothing we can do but wait since it was not past the processing time yet. Right after the processing time (Oct 25, 2014) is over, I followed up on my brother's application and on Dec., 2014, I finally received a communication from CEM asking us to resubmit my brother's PC from UAE. Subsequently, in Jan. 2015, my brother's whole family was required to repeat the medical exams. Last week of April, I saw that 'DECISION was Made' in ECAS and finally, my brother and his family received their visas last week of May. Now they're here with me in TO and I"m broke ;D ;D ;D BUT very happy!

One Question: ONLY submit documents that are in the checklist when you are submitting your sponsorship application and make sure you use the electronic PDF forms you can download from the CIC site. Take time to read through the guidelines and fill up the form appropriately to avoid delays. Make sure all signatures are in place. I sponsored my brother with his wife and 3 kids, one > 18 yrs of age. So you can just imagine the pain I went through filling up the forms.

Once, you get the approval to sponsor CIC here in Canada will forward your sponsorship application to Manila. Then you wait for the next communication from embassy Manila. If I were you, I will have my affidavit stating that I am single and that I am not in a common law relationship ready while waiting. Get it notarized once CIC asks for it and get your marriage certificate search right away from Service Ontario.

I hope this helps. Read the guidelines by heart, if there is something that is not clear to you, call the CIC hotline. God bless everyone!

JJFAD

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
manila
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-09-2016
File Transfer...
07-09-2016
Our application for family class - other relative has been pending at the MVO. We submitted out initial application in Canada last June 2016. Files were forwarded to MVO Aug 2016. Initial documents requested were submitted last Nov 2016 and second documents requested including original NBI last April 2017. We have not received any update from MVO as of the moment. Is anyone also in this situation and provide a timeline? Thanks!

HeyKenGuy

Mar 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
04/27/2017
File Transfer...
06/01/2017
Med's Request
05/01/2017
Med's Done....
05/04/2017:Meds Passed 05/12/2017
Our application for family class - other relative has been pending at the MVO. We submitted out initial application in Canada last June 2016. Files were forwarded to MVO Aug 2016. Initial documents requested were submitted last Nov 2016 and second documents requested including original NBI last April 2017. We have not received any update from MVO as of the moment. Is anyone also in this situation and provide a timeline? Thanks!
you might get better responses if you start a new thread instead of this one which is from 2015

agnes0910

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
03-08-2021
hi. did you reached canada?