+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring new born child before landing

kutchiputchi

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
screech339 said:
It's the same PR application for spouse outland.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

The only difference is instead of listing your spouse as applicant, you list your child as applicant.
No short version? most of the forms are for a spouse (like background declaration), or depended child living outside Canada (3911e)
sec, does the sponsor need ti send the evaluation again if it's not the first sponsorship application?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kutchiputchi said:
No short version? most of the forms are for a spouse (like background declaration), or depended child living outside Canada (3911e)
sec, does the sponsor need ti send the evaluation again if it's not the first sponsorship application?
There is no short version of it. It's the same.

It is a brand new PR sponsorship application so all forms need to be filled out again including evaluation, everything.

I am not 100% familiar with sponsoring dependent child alone. Someone who has actually sponsored a dependent child alone can be able to help you better than I can.

Chenkai

Oct 15, 2018
Yes certainly that is an option. However this would only be in the case where you BOTH come to Canada and land as PRs, then go back to home country to deliver baby.

If baby is born BEFORE you become a PR, you MUST add the baby into your current PR application.
If the bay was born before i become a PR, I have to add the baby into my application. Do you know how long does it take to get the baby’s application does? Thank you. My wife is dependent applicant. She will deliver the baby on August 2. We receive the PPR. We could got the COPR done before August 2. She is outside Canada. If I land before August 2, can I get PR? When she is landing, she must have baby with her, but at that time I have landed. Does she can get the PR or she has to wait? Thank you!