+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring my wife from Korea

a_mc

Jul 17, 2012
Hi everyone,

I just had a question about the Family Relations Certificate. It says in the Family Class Immigration Guide the following...

For nationals of Korea:
• Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family
Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English

Does anyone know how "recently" a document should be issued. I see other time frames like "within the last 3 months". We are hoping to submit our application at the end of August/start of September and we just don't get one, and have a certified translation done for it to be rejected because it wasn't issued recently. Or should this be one of the last things we do before we submit?

Thanks

eyesage

Jul 17, 2012
Hi Amc
I'm new here too. out of frustration. Seeing as our application ( same as you) hasn't even been acknowledged after 4 months i can't really advise. But the family register and the translation aren't such a big deal and we had them done in the few days before mailing the application. I think 2-3 months is recent enough.

the reason I'm replying is that elsewhere on this site ( you'll have to Search Seoul/or Korea to find the thread) someone said part 2 - the visa processing in Seoul- is taking over a year. and that elapsed the medical test time frame so it had to be redone - the medical test is about 200 000 won. anyhow what i'm saying is CIC is moving slow so the sooner the better- i know the whole process is daunting- we submitted about 80 pages.

life plans on hold...

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
I am pretty sure our Family Relation Certificate and Old Family Census Register, among other things, were received in January or February but we did not file until September. I can remember thinking about whether they were "recent" enough but filed as they were. They were not difficult to get and we already translated them ourselves, so if they wanted updated ones it would not have been a huge stress. They never requested new ones and our application was in process over a year (outland but living in Canada). I do not see you having any issue.

a_mc

Jul 17, 2012
How did both of you go about getting the Old (deleted) family census register. My wife went and tried to get it the other day and was said they no longer issue it. We are in Gwangju down in Jeollonamdo so maybe we have to go up to the bigger cities like Seoul to get it?

Momolar

Aug 25, 2010
You shouldn't have to go to a bigger city to get it. My wife's dad got the the old and new family certifications (deleted and new) in JeonJu.